“Low-Key Hideaway!! A Charming Respite!”
Review of Low-Key Hideaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Low-Key Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cedar Key
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My sister, myself and dog Sammy, spent 2 wonderful nights at the Low-Key Hideaway. The rooms are beautiful, clean and the beds are exceptionally comfortable. Their are peaceful bay views everywhere. We enjoyed our own little patio, morning, noon and sunset. Close to downtown Cedar Key. Pat and Cindy Bonish are fantastic hosts and go out of their way to make sure that your experience at Low-Key is one you will never forget. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 July 2011

We found the Low-Key Hideaway to be relaxing, refreshing and good old fashioned fun. My children were a bit skeptical about the 'unplugged' weekend but quickly settled in to the slower pace. The dock, the hammick, the unbelieveable sunsets transported us to a laid back frame of mind. The children were welcomed at the tiki bar, and my 11 year old daughter became a regular overnight (she has the Tiki Bar cap to prove it!). Owners Cindy and Pat are friendly and knowledgeable of all things Cedar Key and beyond. They hooked us up with an amazing blue crab pizza special (Low-Key residents only) from the Island Pizzaria (another don't miss) and a wonderful island hopping tour. The place is quaint, spotlessly clean and comfortable. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank robspetal
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This place is great! My husband used to come to Cedar Key all the time in the 80's, and he finally talked me in to making the trip. We decided on Low Key Hideaway because of the comments, and the decision to come and stay again is because of Pat and Cindy. We had an absolutely wonderful time, just so happened to be the first Full Moon party the weekend we were there, it was a blast! Lots of relaxing and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rwithersfl
everymilesamemory, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

This is not a response to a certain review. I am Cindy, the manager at the Low Key Hideaway and my husband Pat and I are so thankful for such positive reviews that people have taken the time to send into Trip Advisor. We have been in Cedar Key just under 2 years now and have learned to honor our little town and love every inch of it's shore line, every island and all of the flora and fauna that has settled here as well. Nothing brings us more joy than to know that we have shared these things that we are so passionate about with our guests and they actually enjoy and appreciate it rather than wonder why we keep rambling about the vacation spot that they have chosen to spend a few days in. To all of our guests that have visited once or have now become part of our family with the many returns that they have decided to make here, Thank You! Knowing that you have found the secret to a relaxing vacation with new friends is what we have strived for and I guess it is working out. Hope to see you all real soon and thanks again. Pat and Cindy

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Everything you need for an unbelievable relaxing stay... Clean, Stocked, Comfy, and FRIENDLY! To be honest - I wasn't sure at first... but I walked through the door and surveyed the perfect size kitchen, living space with new TV, bathroom and shower, and a gorgeously decorated bedroom - fun beach style with a touch of simple elegance.
The door that led to the back opened to reveal the most relaxing view... covered back patio that ran the length of the building held an eclectic array of comfy lounging chairs tables and foot stools... the adriondak chairs in the sun sat in middle of the yard facing the serene water (west for sunset) were calling to me...but the only voice that I heard louder than the chairs were that of the Tiki bar... 12 steps from the room - open facing the water (so noise not an issue in the room) and we stayed there from the time we checked in, through sunset and hesistated to let the evening end...
Our host / bartender Pat was a gracious conversationalist and when his wife Cindy joined us later, it truly felt as if we were visiting with long time friends. Even the local buisiness people stop in here to have a cold beer and visit... it's a smart and witty crowd with friendly smiles and a ready conversation. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Will be staying here often and for MORE than just a weekend! We feel lucky to have found this spot and these very gracious hosts. :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Me_Artsy
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My wife and I stumbled on the the Low Key Hideaway while passing through Cedar Key on New Years. We returned a short time later and spent the best two weeks ever doing all the things you do in Cedar Key, kayaked every chance we got, ate the most amazing local foods including oyster pizza, drank wine at the Tiki Hut, learned how to figure the tide, wowed to the core on a regular basis with sunsets, dolphins and rainbows, and made love in the moon light. You can read the reviews, all great every one. But it's more than what you can do and see at Cedar Key, its the people you will meet. Pat and Cindy Bonish do more than entertain and keep the place clean. They treat you like an old friend, and bring you into their Low Key world and make feel at home. They are now like family, only cooler and we cant wait to return.
Don & Mary Ann Richardson

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Don_MaryAnn
Reviewed 6 June 2011

What a charming, comfortable, laid-back motel! The rooms are clean and roomy. And, the sunsets can't be beat! We will definitely go back.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Summerfield09
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My first visit to LowKey Hideway was one I will never forget.
A friend of mine and I stayed in room 4 and it was beautiful. Pat and Cindy made us feel right at home. We had taken our Kayaks and met a local fisherman and fished in the water behind the Low Key. We had never fished that area before so we were not familiar witht he tide changes,
Taht particulr day had a strong West wind and blew all the water out of the bayou. We were miles from the LowKey and had to drag our Kayaks back. It was late when we got near the motel and there sttod Pat and Cindy looking for us. They saw that our viehels had not moved so rather than go to a party they were to attend thay waited and assisted us in getting through the mud to safety.
Never in my life have I ever heard of or seen the care these people have for their guests and the warm feeling they have given each room. You will swear you are in someone's house and not in a motel.
I will not stay any where on Cedar Key other than the LowKey.
Once you stay there there you will feel the same way.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends