“great food and view”

Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Waitstaff
Description: We are a DINER, serving breakfast and lunch daily. Friday and Saturday evenings we open late 11pm to 2am serving breakfast and sandwiches. We are not a seafood restaurant, there are already plenty of those on the Island. We are a DINER serving your typical breakfast and lunch menu, however, we do offer some seafood items during lunch. We are priced right and the portions are plentiful and the food is fresh. We have a 50's theme with classic cars and music.
Brooksville, Florida
“great food and view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

we always eat breakfast at Ken's, service is great, great view, on waterfront, set in atmosphere of the golden oldies, with accompanying music of the 60's, Ken will even come out of the kitchen on occasion and visit, great burgers.

Visited July 2014

Ocala, Florida
“Surly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Went in for breakfast. Cute little place with a diner theme...lots of memorabilia on the walls. OK for breakfast. I had pancakes...hubby had eggs and potatoes with toast. Food was good. Coffee was hot and strong. Service was quite "surly". Felt like they didn't really care if we were there or not.

Visited July 2014
Kbryant88, Owner at Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Ouch!! This is something we don't get a lot of so I had to respond. Surely service. I tried to figure out who was on when you were here and i am not sure how this could have happened, but if you say it did then by god it must have happened. I take great pride in service in my business and many will attest to this fact. I, however, am very sorry that you felt neglected. Our staff is usually very attentive and very polite and very informative about our Island and things to do. But to ignore our customers is a big no no in my book. I watch from the kitchen all my tables and can see things that I make sure they are aware of and they get right on it. I do hope we get a second chance to show you that we do care about our customers. Sorry your experience was not like the other thousands of customers we have pleased.
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Crunchy French toast= delicious. Cute, laid back little place with a great view of the water. Will be back to try lunch next time!

Gainesville, Florida
“Just missed breakfast ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We wish they served breakfast later on Sundays/weekends. When you're down for the weekend, sleep in, pack up and check-out, it can be 11 or after before you can think about dining out for breakfast before heading home. The almost only choice of a huge burger didn't satisfy my breakfast craving.

Visited June 2014
hello my friends. I must say I am so sorry our diner is not big enough to serve breakfast all day. You see, the problem is if I were going to do that I would have to have a bigger kitchen. Now unless yoou would like to provide the funds to expand my kitchen so I can purchase a larger grill I would be able to server breakfast and lunch all day. But we all know that isnt going to happen. So instead our servers inform you that it is possible to still get some of our breakfast items that won't take up space on my grill while burgers are cooking. Who wants pancakes that have burger grease splattering all over them.. Maybe you do. Anyways, you were certainly told you could have any eggs of your choice or omlete and bacon and toast. This we will serve to people like yourselves till we close. Guess you didn't ask. Maybe next time you will. Sorry about the confusion you had. we are always happy to serve up some eggs and bacon and toast...thank you
Hobe Sound
“Beautiful view but go with a sense of humor!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Ken's is located down on Dock Street and is upstairs. It has a beautiful view of the water, especially if you are located along the windows inside or on the outside porch. It is decorated in 1950's motif and is like a diner. We went there for breakfast on Memorial Day which was probably one of their busiest days of the year. We must have timed it just right as we got a booth along the windows and it wasn't crowded, but 15 minutes later there wasn't a seat to be had. Taking all this into consideration, the staff was flustered and fighting with each other out loud! We weren't sure if it was for real or an act. It provided entertainment along with the beautiful view if you have a sense of humor. We didn't mind that the service was slow, with the beautiful view we sat and chatted. The one thing unique and memorable about the food was they have these good potatoes for breakfast, just like my mother used to make. They are a whole potato sliced like a potato chip.

• Visited May 2014