“Not Fine Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Breeze - CLOSED

Sea Breeze
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Atlanta
“Not Fine Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Y'all, this is Cedar Key. You're not going to find Michelin stars hanging out here.

Sea Breeze serves a very workable, mostly fried type of menu. The portions were generous, the food was hot and the value seemed fair. If you're nosing around for a restaurant that serves inventive menus, this isn't it. If you want a square meal, served quickly, while watching the boats motor by, Sea Breeze should serve you well.

They had grouper as a special the day we were there and my grilled portion was quite large and well prepared. The salad bar looked fresh, the potatoes were quite hot and the beer was nice and cold.

I think it fits well in Dock Street and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Visited July 2013

orlando
“Overpriced and mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We should have taken the previous reviews more seriously. They were right about the food being average. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. The salad bar was very ordinary and the lettuce didn't appear to be the freshest. My crab cake was on the border of being burnt. The good parts were the service and the view which were both better than average. That being said, there was a line waiting when we left. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of good choices on Cedar Kay..... We are going to stck to Tony's from now on.

• Visited July 2013
“Just average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Food and service was average. View was good. There are better places with a similar view and better food.

Visited June 2013
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here twice. The first time we just had an afternoon snack and a couple of drinks. The snack was an appetizer of Coconut Shrimp. It tasted good, but had way too much breaking. The drinks were pretty good. The Hemingway Daiquiri really sucks at first, but grows on me after a few sips. Not their fault--just a matter of taste. The service "dockside" was good
We also had dinner there that night and while certainly edible, not all that good. We both had fried grouper. I asked the waitress if it was really grouper and was assured it was, but after eating it (and I've had grouper several places) I have severe doubts it was grouper. Large portions. The service was really bad and there was only one other couple in the main dining room. The staff could be heard having a good time in another area, but when you have to run them down for the check it furthered the bad service. We will not go back.

• Visited May 2013
“Hearts of Palm Salad!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

This is a very average seafood restaurant with dated decor. However, they offer one of the most unusual salads I have ever seen and it's pretty darn good. The hearts of palm salad is a bed of iceberg lettuce topped with peaches, candied pecans, pineapple, hearts of palm, topped with two scoops of peanut ice cream. I'm told the hearts of palm and the peanuts for the ice cream are sourced locally. Although I wished they had used fresh fruit rather than canned, this salad is surprisingly delicious and very unique. I also sampled the locally sourced clams and coconut shrimp, they were tasty but nothing that exceeded expectation.

• Visited May 2013