Pirates Cove Bayside Cottages
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cedar Key
See available hotels
Faraway Inn(Cedar Key)
Dockside Motel(Cedar Key)
Low-Key Hideaway(Cedar Key)
Quality Inn(Chiefland)
Econo Lodge(Crystal River)
  • Pool
All reviewsscreened porchold floridastove topperfect stayroom cottagecute placefishing polesfull kitchenlove seatget awayfresh towelspots pansopened the doorcomfy bedgreat waterhigh tidememorial day weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We took a little weekend trip to Cedar Key and stayed at Pirates Cove. We booked last minute and stayed in Cabin #4. The bed was very comfortable and my husband wanted to bring the pillow home with us! Nice guy at the desk, informative and friendly. We enjoyed our night there very much. The only "issue" we had was the shower, it didn't put out much water, and it was kinda strange, hot in the center with cool mist on the outside, weird, but not really an issue.

Room Tip: Cottage number 4 has a screen porch that overlooks the bay, very nice to watch birds from. They also have a canoe, but I couldn't talk my husband into it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GABE AND DARLEN... W
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Very cute little place. Justin was very accommodating. Billy always greeted you in the morning. Our cottage needed a little bit of improvement (#3) Like a new mattress. Two nights of no sleep and sore backs. The A/C unit is right above your head. So with a new mattress and rearrange the room I would give the property a 5. Felt very safe in the room. It had everything you needed to cook even though we took a break from that. The place is old as is everything on the island so if you are looking for a 5 star resort do not go to Cedar Key..It is very very relaxing and easy to get around town.My biggest complaint about Cedar Key are the people who live there. They never smile and are so grumpy. Seems they don't like tourist at the restaurants. About 70% of the island is for sale...Not sure why. Not much to do on the island but we kayak so we had plenty to do. I would definitely go back to Cedar Key and I would stay at Pirates Cove. Thank you Justin for all your help on where to go and being so accommodating.

2  Thank territaus1
Reviewed 14 July 2013

A very relaxing, comfortable cottage. We had a wonderful weekend for my wife's birthday. This was a clean convenient location. Don't miss breakfast at Kona Joe's. Have the waffle or the Blue Crab Quiche. We would definitely come back again.

2  Thank nerk59
Reviewed 7 July 2013

If you want to relax and feel "right at home" this is the place for you. It is just the perfect setting.... Small and intimate, it sits on the back bay and is just beautiful. Several of the cottages have either open or screened porches that are bay view, but even if your cottage doesn't have it's "own" area to view the water, there is a big wonderful dock, full of lawn chairs and umbrellas that everyone can use. My husband and I actually got married on the dock three years ago! We just got back from our most recent visit today....hated to leave. My son and his fiancée are getting married in August and we have booked a cottage for them as a surprise honeymoon. For that matter, I'm ready to go back and we just got home today from our most recent visit!!!!

Room Tip: There are no bad cottages! Their website shows very accurate pictures of each one.
3  Thank melisse r
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We loved our stay at pet friendly Pirates Cove. We found ourselves arriving later than we expected and Donna had everything all set up for us to settle in and then check in the next day. So accommodating. Justin was very friendly. The official greeter, Billy the Cat, made us feel right at home. Our cottage #1 was very clean and well stocked with everything you could possibly need. The weather was stormy at times, but we were comfortable. The lay out of the grounds allows you to be as social as you choose to be. We had a wonderful Saturday morning chat over coffee on our deck with new found friends while still in our PJ's. It was a highlight of our trip. It was interesting to read the ship's log where people journaled about their stay in Cedar Key.

Since Cedar Key is about 20 miles off of highway 19, we went grocery shopping in Chiefland beforehand. There are a few small grocery stores on the key. Next time I'll shop there instead.

We love Cedar Key. Over the years we've done many day trips, but decided to do a weekend this time. Now I can say we love Pirates Cove and will definitely do it again. Call ahead for reservations.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family