“A new place in town”

The Gathering Place at Cedar Key
Reviewed 18 January 2014

They are a new place in town so cut them some slack. We stopped for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. We sat outside and the service was great. A nice clean restaurant with clean restrooms. My brother-in-law had the stuffed french toast and he was very happy with the meal-and he's hard to please. Worth the visit for sure.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Really nice people. We had breakfast there and it was great. They even have tables outside so you can have your dog with you. Really close to the park and walking distance from everything. Best place for breakfast for sure.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We were drawn here by their gluten free menu, but it was not worth it. The service and food were very disappointing.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I went to the Gathering Place for lunch. Almost everything I wanted on the menu wasn't in the kitchen. That was disappointing. I ordered the shredded pork tacos that the menu said came with lime cilantro cream sauce and shredded cabbage. Unfortunately there was no lime cilantro cream sauce. The tacos would have been excellent with that sauce. Without it, they were ok. Oh, and if you serve corn tortilla tacos, please double the tortillas on the tacos or they fall completely apart, chef.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you've been to Cedar Key, you'll remember this location as that restaurant downtown with the big front porch and the resident Egret that sat on the table, and the cats that would slink around outside. Hey...it was good!! It's now a quilt shop on one side and The Gathering Place on the other. They open early for breakfast, sort of an oddity. We stopped in and had a great meal. The scrambled eggs were the best I've ever had in a restaurant, and the potatoes are real, red potatoes, not shredded frozen stuff. A little heavy on the butter, but that may be just me. They're having their grand opening right now, and are in training, but the service was good anyway. Very clean and quite pretty inside, and still have some tables outside. No Egret though.