“accomidating staff, good food.”
Review of Pelican Rail-Road Deli and Pub - CLOSED

Pelican Rail-Road Deli and Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We ate here twice. Very good bar type food. Great meatball sub, and the Bologna burger was comfort food at its finest. The bologna burger is a very thick slice of fried bologna, nothing fancy or unique about this sandwich, but done just right. The kitchen cooked for us two different times after their posted closing time, without complaint. The barmaids made some very unique "girly" drinks for the gals in our party, our girls just gave them their preferences in flavors and they had several choices of drinks. Good selection of beers.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I ordered the angus burger based on a photo with a review on trip advisor because it looked like a real hand formed patty. Be warned, this is a frozen preformed probably precooked piece of something but it's not pure angus beef. I took one small bite and left it on the plate. I told the waitress that I was expecting a real burger. She said "oh you wanted one like the kind I make for myself at home" well, yeah! My friend's chicken Marsala sauce was canned. This is not good food people! The fries were edible and that's it. The waitress was pleasant but didn't offer to not charge for the inedible burger. Just don't go expecting fresh food. I'm not sure what all these other reviewers ate but it sure wasn't what I was served.

1  Thank Mariel_SewaneeTN
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Found this restaurant on a local's recommendation.
She said they served up "fun food" --- fine food and fun, she said.
She was spot on. Surprisingly good food for a bar/restaurant/roadhouse venue. Not surprised that the burger was good here, but excellent Chicken Saltimbacca, who'da thought?
At 7:00 three guys finished dinner then grabbed their guitars and gave us some Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond, Marshall Tucker, and even Beatles tunes that had a lot of us tapping our feet.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Locale is out of the way on a side street and the facility is not impressive, but the food was excellent. I had great crab cakes and the wife a good burger. Three local gentleman were playing guitar and singing country songs and old pop tunes and did a nice job of entertaining the folks that were there. They have a bar and poured a good drink.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Wonderful Cuban Sandwiches. I think Pelican Rail-Road it is the only place to get a Cuban sandwich in Cedar Key. Also makes a great cheese burger, Reuben and Hot Roast Beef Sandwich. A must try and you will like. The owners are real nice people eager to please their customers taste buds. The value of the food is right in line with being out in the middle of the Gulf where the costs of delivery and travel is high priced.