“Hot and Spicy”

Away From The World Burger and Beer Bar
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Awesome Burgers, Hand Cut Fries, Cold Beers and So Much More, Right on The Gulf of Mexico! Enjoy the Burger of Your Dreams While Seating Outside Right Over the Water!
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

A bit of a mixed bag the evening we had dinner there. Had an amazing view outdoors on the deck overlooking the ocean. They advertised many different types of beer but only had a very limited number on tap. This may have been due to supply issues as the hurricane had passed through about a week before. Started the meal off with nachos and they were really strange--kind of a puffed up nacho that was a bit soggy and just didn't work. My burger was very tasty and cooked to perfection. One of my kids had the grouper and it was tasty but soggy. The other had chicken wings that were very spicy. I'm one of those people that really enjoys spice to the extreme and rarely have found restaurants that satisfy me. The chicken wings and my burger set my mouth ablaze, so hats off to them for that. The wings were a bit too hot for my youngest but that is how he ordered them and they were as advertised. Our waitress was wonderful and made us feel at home. I would say, overall, that it was average but would be more than willing to give them another go as we did enjoy our experience in spite of a few shortcomings.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Spent the day in Cedar Key, decided to stop in for lunch. Their burgers are excellent, they use good quality ingredients. I wish we weren't in a bit of a hurry or I would have stayed and had a couple more beers.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We were expecting an average burger and instead we were blown away. The burger was one of the best burgers we've ever had. We are from st. Augustine so we have a ton of amazing restaurants and this one is better than any burger place back home. Waitress was down to earth and sweet. Highly recommend this place!:)

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Away From The World serves more than burgers, but burgers are their niche.

My wife ordered clams that are locally harvested and two sliders. I chose a regular cheese burger and handcut fries. I was pleased with their upscale beer selections and chose a porter.

My burger came out and was perfectly done and nice and juicy. My wife enjoyed her clams and found her jalepeno slider nice and spicy.

In the summer and as the restaurant is upstairs, the a/c was overwhelmed. The restroom was clean and nicely decorated. The wait staff excellent. The outside in cooler weather would be the place to sit and watch the Gulf.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Carmen and I had an amazing lunch here on August 5th with our two boxer dogs! Away from the World may pride themselves on their burgers but neither of us eat much red meat. Besides, this is Cedar Key! So, although we have been pretty disappointed with other restaurants over the years, we ordered seafood. My grouper fingers were cooked to perfection and Carmen's fish tacos were incredible. We both loved the "chips" we ordered with them. They are hard to describe..cross between a chip and fries..but hand-cut, fried and not greasy at all. Wonderful! Best meal in 40 years at Cedar Key and certainly the best prepared meal! Very special service from Diane, who was also very attentive with water for our dogs on a hot day! She was wonderful. We'd highly recommend Away from the World and shouted down our recommendations to some tourists from our balcony table overlooking the Gulf and the dock. Great food, great beer, great service, great view from the deck and a wonderful day in Cedar Key! What more could you ask for!