“Clam Chowder”

Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: PLEASE NOTE: Seasonal Restaurant Hours: October- November 2016 Monday thru Thursday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM ( NOT OPEN FOR DINNER) Friday thru Sunday 11:00 AM -8:00 PM Please call ahead to verify hours before making long drives from far away.
Tampa, Florida
“Clam Chowder”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Tony's has excellent clam chowder. Seems like they're kind of famous for it. You may be able to find a can or two at Publix.

Visited November 2013
Chef Eric J, Owner at Tony's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Glad you enjoyed. Thank you so much. I do appreciate the visit and the review.

Starke, Florida
“Quaint”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Loved eating at Tony's and had their famous Clam Chowder. Service was good
and the atmosphere quiet and pleasant. All of our meals were delicious.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your dining with us and the review.
It's always refreshing to read this kind of review after a couple of less than complimentary ones. Thanks again.
Chicago, Illinois
“MUST HAVE THE CHOWDER”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

A quaint building and legendary recipe for Clam Chowder, the restaurant is a bit scruffy, and the service just average. The Clam Chowder is good, but not as famous as they would have you believe. And the garish sales items are everywhere. My fried Clam strips were
greasy and rubbery. Nice story but not worth a second look.

Visited November 2013
Clearly you were not very impressed with our operation from top to bottom. I apologize that we could not meet and/ or exceed your expectations (what ever they were). We stand by our record. People come to Tony's each day from hundreds of miles away to enjoy the chowder. They find the history of the chowder interesting enough to snap pictures, buy memorabilia and cans. Sorry all that was a turn off to you. We are what we are. Small, humble, proud and dedicated to excellent food and service. We'll keep doing what we're doing at least that is what the overwhelming majority seem to come here for. I apologize that you were not impressed. Hope you find your culinary dreams to all come true in your future dining experiences.
Tampa, Florida
“The food was good, but the service sucked”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The above words were uttered by my husband as we walked out of Tony's Seafood Restaurant tonight. We stood and waited so long upon entering by the 'wait to be seated' sign that we almost walked out. We placed our order and it did arrive fairly quickly, but the waitress never brought the salad that came with my husband's meal. Nor did she stop by to ask if we wanted a drink refill. When she finally showed up, my husband told her he didn't want another drink as he had already finished his meal. Minus the salad, of course. It seemed like she was so busy pushing take-home cans of clam chowder to other patrons that she was too busy to see to other needs. I have never, in my life not left a tip before. But tonight I didn't leave one. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

There was live music that was so loud every time the guy started singing all of the conversations around us rose dramatically. The noise was just bouncing off the walls. Not a relaxing dinner by any standards. I couldn't even hear my husband talking to me from across our small table.

We were really disappointed in Tony's as we had been looking forward to going there all week on our vacation. We won't be back when we come back to Cedar Key.

• Visited November 2013
I truly apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. I spoke to the server and she told me that although she did make some errors and was very troubled and apologetic for the situation at no time or point did you or your dining guest say anything to her at all. If she had been alerted that something was wrong she would have gladly did whatever it would take to correct the situation. We always want all of guests to be happy with their experience and unfortunately when we make mistakes we would appreciate knowing when we can do something to correct the situation. In a perfect world, there would be none, but we all know that this world is anything but perfect. Sorry about the error. We will always try to improve in every way possible.
Malvern, United Kingdom
“Excellent seafood in Cedar Key”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Small unprepossessing restaurant in the middle of 'downtown' Cedar Key. But don't let appearances put you off - the quaint frontage, the wooden floors and the simple tables don't give much of a hint of the excellent food. The claim that they make the best clam chowder in America is fully justified and the shrimps were just beautiful, large, sweet and perfectly cooked. Service is brisk and friendly, so good we made a return visit.

• Visited October 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed the Seafood at Tony's. We appreciate your visit and your kind review. Thank you very much.