“Weird”

Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Not awesome. It's kind of weird that it's called the "raw bar," as there's nothing raw on the menu. My sister said the food was okay. I have no opinion since my burger never came. They had live music, but they probably shouldn't. It was mediocre and too loud on one side of the restaurant, and indistinct from the other.
Most of the patrons around us were obnoxiously trashed. Weirdest part was a cook (I assume, since he was running back and forth from the walk-in), came up behind my sister and tapped her finger while she was using her smartphone. He thought it was funny. We did not.

3  Thank Sarah B

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I can only comment on the drinks... A gal from Steamers told us to try the Sunday loaded Bloody at Big Deck. I have no idea what she was thinking. It was HORRIBLE. Like a tossed salad on top of a 10 oz Bloody. I mean raw onion slices, bell pepper chucks throughout and a whole leaf of iceberg lettuce! Huh? I like the accoutrements... usually a thick slice of bacon, a gulf shrimp, some blue cheese olives, etc. Who the heck puts raw onion slices on top of a Bloody? My wife almost gacked. AVOID at all cost!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Big disappointment service not acceptable a two and one half long wait for food first then after requesting drink refill another long wait and when we asked for our check another 35 min wait. Food very ordinary do not go here!!!

1  Thank Joan F
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We go here when we don't want to spend $$$ on one of the sit-down restaurants. Some items are pricey for what you get (quesadillas) and others good (Cuban). Smoking is allowed, so be cautious where you sit.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere when you're seated they bring a bowl of ice water for your dog with your menus, this is the place!

It's totally outdoors with lots of fans and shade everywhere to accompany a cold beer or wide variety of shelf liquor so you're always cool!

The staff go above and beyond to make sure your drinks stay full, your food comes out hot and fresh and and your visit very comfortable.

If you're lucky, you might have the privilege to meet one of the many locals and listen to the stories they have. You won't regret it! The Big Deck Raw Bar is a great place to find one!

Been to Big Deck Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!