“I was kinda of dissapointed...”

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Sao Paulo, SP
“I was kinda of dissapointed...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Well, I was shown the renewed units 2 years ago on my visit when I decided to buy my timeshare but I was given an old and quite shabby unit, too much used furniture and my bedroom drawers were almost disasembling; too much mirrors so the decor is a little kirsch in the master bedroom and dinning area and BOTH hairdryers were not functioning and no crib placed on the unit as requested on my reservation! The guy send to fix them actually rip them off the wall leaving dust all over my stuff!
As Brazillian public officer the Diamond monthly fee does not come as easily on my purse as an Ämerican Timeshare Owner and I did not end up felling I was given top dollar value on this first experience using my "Home Resort". Yes, the location is amazing, there's a nice Target near for shopping and dinning near. The rooms have plenty of space; the kitchen was the basic appliances and was reasonably equipated if you want some quick meals. The night and day silence as we got a unit with windows to the golf camp was bonus. I hope my next experience using my point will be better.

Room Tip: Ask for a renewed unit.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Miriade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

QUICK FIXES: Need outdoor hot tubs installed STAT (need it for after golf!), fix the slamming doors/sound proofing near hall way bedrooms, give resort patrons better discount for the golf course , Fix the HD tvs/cable , make all rooms the same as the quality of the new ones

Other than that, i rarely have had many problems at this resort. Met some really nice staff, the security is very courteous and the newer rooms are 4-5 star quality. Its in a great location and i believe its one of the best values in the area.

Mr. McElroy I would love to hear from you soon because this has been a 1-2x a year place for us to visit and im hoping there are some plans for improvement thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Enio D
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was a little disappointed and unsatisfied with my stay mostly because, in the middle of our 7 day stay, a stranger walked into our unit as I was standing around in my comfortable clothes. All he said was "wrong room" and left. After I called the front desk and the security came out to investigate, he said it looked like a door man key and they would let me know what happened. I never heard back and the rest of my stay I felt uneasy. Even if it was the doorman that got a mistaken key, simply being told that did not fill me with ease. I'm glad they had that manual hotel lock latch for when you are inside. I should have done this the first time, but I never thought someone else could just walk in without knocking!! After my stay, I called the front desk again to inquire about an extra ~$80 charge, which apparently they have an additional resort fee charge of $12 per day which did not appear to be disclosed when you first book on Orbitz. So, be prepared for this. When I inquired again about the random person entering my unit, the said they would transfer me to security, I didn't bother since it wouldn't have changed anything anyway. I'm just disappointed to come back from my trip not feeling like they did everything they could and having an additional $80 charge.

As for the room and amenities of the place, it was all very nice. I loved our unit even though it was not the remodeled unit. The Jacuzzi bathtub was very spacious.

The only other part that I did not like was check-in process as I was directed to the opposite table and the older gentleman tried to sign me up for the "Vacation Resort" presentation (he stressed that it was not a timeshare presentation, but it kinda was). I was told we had to decide to opt-in during check-in if we wanted the discounts and that it was not pressure. I was already feeling pressure. There was a $20 deposit to make sure we go. The presentation itself was not bad, and kinda worth it with the gifts. However, be prepared for sales tactics & to lose time.

The check-out process was strange because i was worried they would charge me a lot since it was an express check-out.

Other than that, I think the staff tried and for the value it was worth it. Just make sure to use the manual lock and safe.

Also, there is no housekeeping everyday. If you want it, I believe there is an extra charge.

3 Thank Hannamartz
Hilton Head, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have just wasted 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back. The phone wait time for a reservation is horrible and Steve whatever his name is, the CEO, has the audacity to tell me to relax while I wait for service. Here's a piece of advice about service ...stop pushing guests to websites and add a real person to your reservations department. Frustrating morning dealing with your firm.

2 Thank patravelers2000
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a one week stay at the Mystic Dunes Resort. The villa was very spacious and clean. A little dated but you forgot about that once you're settled in. We were in building 30, right next to one of the pools. The villa comes stocked with only a small liquid detergent and one packet of laundry detergent but all you have to do is phone front desk and they'll bring more upon request. I was very satisfied with service here, as we had three sick little ones and went through a lot of laundry. All at no extra charge to your room. We decided to drive and park at the Disney Parks so we could use our AAA parking pass. All of the parks are close to the villa, just minutes away. There is a Target store only 5 minutes up the road from Mystic, so we stocked up on groceries there. Much cheaper than the so called super market on the main strip. I would definitely go back to Mystic Dunes! Can't beat the location and the resort is gorgeous!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sllyrbbt
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Compare it to a stay in a cramped up hotel room where you just get a bed and tv with a small bathroom, it was fantastic. The time share sharks were annoying, took 4 no's during the preview for them to get it. Outside of that, if you have money to spend I could see time share being worth it. There were MANY attractions to go around. So this review is based off me and my husband staying strictly to use it was a place to stay with a day or two being lazy, watching cable and eating pizza. We stayed in a ground level one room.

Customer Service - The people were very friendly. Even the time share sharks! However, it was a pain when we tried to explain that with house hunting a time share was just not in our budget. They came back 4 times with new offers, and it became a bit annoying. But again, they were still friendly even after the final no.

Value - You can't beat it. You're getting an apartment basically. A very well stocked kitchen (wine glasses, booya!), a nice sized bathroom with a walk in shower, a decent living room (comfy couch did not try the couch bed) with a nice tv, and then your master bedroom with a whirlpool tub and another tv. There was an iron in the closet as well as a washer/dryer in the unit (of course bring your own soap) and they provide PLENTY of towels. The only reason I won't rate value as excellent, to me the bed was the most uncomfortable thing in the world and that was something I was wanting!

Sleep Quality - The mattress was like, extra EXTRA firm. Very hard. Pillows were comfy and the bed was very clean. But I could not get comfortable. There were mirrors all over the wall, and with the window coverings, there was a crack that no matter how hard you try to position the coverings, light still got in, bounced off the mirror and ended up on my side of the bed. The windows are also rather thin. At one point I was talking to my husband outside the window with it closed.

Cleanliness - When we came in it was rather clean. Smelled clean and all. The floor was not 100% vacuumed in the bedroom, but the carpet was rather short so maybe it was just hard to do it, but it was not that big of a deal to us. It was like a clothes tab that was stuck on the floor. We did have a few lady bugs, but no other bugs thankfully! We did NOT opt for housekeeping and if you do not, they will NOT visit your room while you stay. (Housekeeping is extra, we just were responsible and picked up after ourselves)

Location - FANTASTIC, if you drove yourself I suppose, which we did. You're about 1 minute to drive on a strip with a lot of things. Great restaurants (I highly recommend Flippers for pizza and Sweet Tomatoes for a buffet), shopping, and of course... you're a stones throw from Disney World, about 20 from Universal Studio's, and very close to many other fun attractions. Lots of mini golf courses, and 7-11's which were great for the two nights we decided to stay in and rent a movie from the red box.

Rooms - Compare it to staying in a little hotel room, this was pretty good. They were clean, very spacious, and functional. As I said, our unit was a bit outdated which sucked because we did have a few days we just stayed in. BUT the appearance is not everything, it was very well functional. Biggest let down was the whirlpool tub being so loud, and the microwave. Outside of that worth it.

So staying as a couple, we enjoyed it. It was worth the value, we got to do a lot of things and try many new things, and we were able to relax for the most part. To me and my husband, extra firm mattresses are not our types, but some people may like them.

Overall, I'd recommend it!

Room Tip: If you're not an owner they tend to not WANT to move you to an upgraded unit, but they may if yo...
2 Thank DoomCakes
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here from 11/28/13 - 11/30/13 The inside was dirty, floorboards were extremly dirty, burn marks on the counter, this place was certainly not kept up! The outside grounds were outstanding. Our stay was suppose to be for 2 weeks, but because we could not stand how dirty it was we left early and went to another place..We even took pictures! While there my Pandora Braclett went missing. I am a Breast Cancer Survivior and all the charms on it had meaning to me, these are charms from my Children and Grandchildren, most of the charms on it were about some of the challenges I have overcome in my life! I called lost and found and the person I talked with was rude, this is not what I expected, she did tell me she would find out who cleaned the room and speak with them and get back to me and never did!! I would never recommend this place to anyone. This bracelet meant the world to me, the only mistake I made was leaving in my top draw one day when we went to Disney! They came in, cleaned the room and the Bracelet was gone!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Cheryl K
MysticGM, General Manager at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Good Afternoon Cheryl,
Unfortunately, I have no record of this incident. We take the safety & security of our members, owners and guests, very seriously. Although it has been almost three months, please contact me at your eariliest convenience with the best way to reach you. I can be reached at victor.mcelroy@diamondresorts.com.
Victor McElroy
Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#22 of 152 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,700 reviews

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!