“Very nice rooms,lots of amenities”

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Rome, Ohio
“Very nice rooms,lots of amenities”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

All employees were friendly and helpful. Grounds were beautifully landscaped with 3 pools and a golf course. Many activities planned for all ages every day. Shuttles available to Disney. We drove ourselves and got to Disney in about 15 minutes at non-peak hours. Legoland is about 30 to 45 minutes away. This is a fine place from which to base your themepark trips.

3 Thank kww355

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have been owners since 2007. Our family travels a lot. We have not yet been to diamond resort location that has wowed us. Maybe I'm just hard to please. But when I go on vacation, I want a clean updated place to stay. See m's like these places are all the same. Poor or average. This is not good enough for my family anymore. For the last four years we been finding our own places to stay for vacation. We definitely spend more money, but we get a awesome top quality place to stay. We would like to buy more points with diamond. But we don't want more of the same! We just stayed at Mystic Dunes Resort in Florida. RUN! They have 34 building units. ONLY TWO BUILDING UNITS ARE DONE!
building's are very outdated. We stayed in building 10103-10104 not nice! let's just say the list is long. Never Again! The only positive things about this place was the outside landscaping and service wasn't too bad.

• Stayed April 2014
6 Thank gutshall
Florida PanHandle
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Checkin time is at 4. We arrived at noon, room was not ready till almost 3:00. However, we were able to use all of the resort amenities. Changing rooms at the pool were a huge help, so the wait did not negatively impact our visit one bit.

Once we had our keys we were directed to the welcome desk to get a free gift... just a bag with some shampoo and bubble gum samples. The real reason is to try to sell you a wonderful stay at one of their other resorts at a huge discount...and after much hype you learn once there you would be required to sit through a time share sales pitch....No Thank you.

Our room was fine. Very clean, nice coffee maker, other kitchen items which we did not use. Loved the washer and dryer as we had another leg of our vacation ahead in tampa, it was nice to go there with all clean clothes.

The bed was over the top comfortable. The balcony was tiny but screened in so it felt private, great place for morning coffee. Our grandkids ages 10 & 12 are clueless about the 70s and 80 so they loved the mirrors in every room on almost every wall but did think it was weird around the jacuuzi tub LOL. The tile work is screaming 1982....but this trip was all about convenience, location and amenities so it was fine.

Spent a lot of time at the main pool (one of four). Super impressed with the water slide attendant. Before a child is able to slide, he requres the children *and* the parent all listen to the rules, and sign in before a writst band is given. He was a stickler about the rules, which was fantastic during the spring break crowd... there was not a single incident or disagreement between any of the children.

When I called to book I was looking for two consecutive nights during the third week of March. which two nights did not matter (we live in florida and just wanted a mini vacation with the grandkids). Had I known of all of the evening activies available I would have picked different nights. There are on site kid friendly activites several nights of the week, so keep this in mind.

4 Thank Work&PlayTravler
Pea Ridge, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was pleasantly suprised by this resort. For the price I paid, I expected something entirely different. The villa, we had the 2 bedroom, was very spacious with a huge master bedroom with king bed and large bathroom with a 2 person jetted bathtub! The additional room had 2 queen beds and thier own bathroom. The common areas of the unit were the best part. the kitchen was fully stocked with washer and dryer, we cooked everynight and it was VERY clean. The entire unit was spotless and dust free when we arrived. The beds were comfortable with nice fluffy pillows. The living room had a leather sectional, nothing fancy, but it did the job. Also in the living room there was a large flat screen tv. Each bedroom had a tv as well. There was a screened in balcony that was big enough for 5 or so people with a table and chairs. our family was able to eat out there in the mornings for breakfast and it was good that we could smoke out there as well, ash tray was provided. All in all, the room was perfect for our 8 day vacation. The only feedback I would have is that they only give you a day's worth of towels so you really have to wash a load of towels almost everyday, it was no biggie for me. We didnt have housekeeping, I believe that is something you have to pay additionally for. We didnt need it.

The resort grounds were superb, there were 3 pools, one with a waterslide. It looked like they also had mini golf and regular golf. The people at the gate were there at all hours of night we came in around 3 am and they were there. Security was tight. you had to have your room key to get in the gate, even with a sec guard there.

Room Tip: Buildings 26, 27, 28, 29 had a nice view out the balcony.
2 Thank RachelPatton
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Unfortunatelly, this hotel needs a lot of work. The rooms are kinda old and run down, but the employees are very friendly and hospitable and the grounds and common areas are well kept. The resort looks a lot better from the outside than from the inside.
It's a good value for large families, but if youare used to luxury and comfort (I am) you may be dissapointed.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy one of the pools, request a room near a pool, or the walk will be long.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FANNYJACQUELINE
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

First of all I just want to say obviously no hotel/resort can be perfect all the time. I found this resort on Groupon and jumped at the chance to get our 5 night stay for 25% off with no resort fees. I know I saw one review that said they didn't honor this deal for them, well they did for us with no problems whatsoever. Also the word timeshare wasn't mentioned once! I checked Tripadvisor after booking and was really nervous after seeing the negative reviews. I can't stress enough that these reviews really are either rare or petty. Obviously these people are seeking absolute perfection! I called beforehand to confirm my reservation and request an upper level, renovated room near the pool area. They honored all of my requests, giving us an upper level renovated room right in the middle of three of the pools, in building 16. We were amazed at the quality of the room. It was very nice and very clean, large and we were given literally everything that we could possibly need, and it was clean. I was concerned the dishes would maybe be dirty and scratched, not the case! We actually joked that we could live there! Check in was quick and check out literally involved calling and telling them that we were leaving and dropping our keys off at the gate. The grounds were beautiful, clean and well landscaped. The pools were great, and the bars even better! The employees were polite and friendly. The onsite restaurant, Kenzie's, was delicious and they offer room delivery of excellent quality. I really have no complaints. I just really want people to look past these negative reviews. We had a great stay and I would definitely recommend it!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank czentner
NEPEAN
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First off, I can't comment on the actual property itself as it turns out I was never actually allowed to stay there.

I purchased a one week stay at the Mystic Dunes on-line (at 25% off) that included no resort fees and a free round of mini-golf. Upon checking in (at 11:15 p.m.) I was basically handed a letter and told they would not be able to honor my reservation due to a "maintenance issue". They said they tried to contact me to notify me, but claimed they didn't have my contact information. This despite the fact that I spoke to them directly on two separate occasions (including a few days prior) to make sure that all was in order and to notify them of the late-check-in.

I was then sent to another Diamond property down the road and told they would be expecting me. This obviously wasn't the case as they took over an hour to check us in and find us a room (by this time it was approaching 12:30 a.m.). While the room appeared to be comparable (although I'll never really know), activity fees applied to virtually everything and no allowances were made to compensate for my original deal nor for the inconvenience of having to move. In addition, I got to endure numerous time-share telephone calls. Not surprisingly, no one from Mystic Dunes ever followed up with me to ensure that everything was o.k., to apologize for the change or to discuss how to deal with honoring the original terms of my deal.

Upon checking out at the end of the week, I happened to ask for a printed receipt, and was shocked to find out that the overall cost associated with my stay at this property was over $100.00 less than the cost of my original deal. So not only do I end up at a resort where the privileges identified in my original deal no longer apply, but Diamond Resorts effectively ends up making a profit off of me as well.

I guess it's easy for Diamond to offer a great deal at one of their resorts when they have no intention whatsoever of honoring it (and can make money off it). As a result of my experience and the highly suspicious and questionable nature of this entire transaction, I will never stay at a Diamond Resort again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank WILLIAM L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#22 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,730 reviews

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!