2,697 results
All reviewsmona lisafull kitchenpool viewnear disneyflorida hospitalstove topresort fee isthe sofa beddowntown celebrationshuttle serviceliving areamaster bedroompool towelslaundry roomminute drivegreat poolfree shuttle
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Our stay of 4 nights and 5 days were perfect. The hotel's artwork, design and amenities made us feel as though we were in Europe. I traveled with my adult daughter and pre-teen granddaughter. The continental breakfast was served at the table rather than at a buffet which made it quite personal. The breakfast, and lunch/dinner menus offered sufficient choice while the pricing was reasonable. All of the staff were pleasant, helpful, courteous and professional. Being away from the mania surrounding the Orlando parks and hotels was peaceful. Driving over to downtown Celebration was a short drive through a beautiful small town community. The restaurant choices and shopping available in a downtown on a lake was one of the best experiences.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Worldhotels.com
1  Thank Meander295954
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed here while attending a conference up the road. We checked in at about midnight and the front desk workers were a little less than helpful with finding our reservation (our other co-workers were already checked in), even with our confirmation number. Once they found it, we went to our room. Note: the hotel is actually in 3 buildings. The front office is in a circular building and then the two other sections wrap around the pool, but you have to go down to the first floor to get to the other wing. Not a big deal, especially if it's just your family and you aren't trying to find other people you're staying with in other rooms.
We stayed in a two bedroom suite. It was SPOTLESS. And I'm extremely picky. The first thing I did was check for bedbugs (none, thank goodness). One bedroom has a very, very large bathroom with separate tub and shower and one sink. The other bedroom's bathroom is smaller, with a combined tub/shower, larger counter, and has a door to the main living area as well. The living area had a flat screen tv, coffee table and couch. The whole suite has a very less-is-more modern look, which I personally like. The kitchen was very nice, with a stovetop, full size refrigerator and even a small dishwasher. There were also plates, silverware and cups provided. There was a dining room table with four chairs. Each room had a desk, chair and closet, and a dresser with flat screen tv. The beds are platform beds with no box spring, but were fairly comfortable. There were also two chairs and a small table on the balcony.
I didn't have any breakfast so I can't rate their food, but they were happy to provide me a cup of milk in a to-go cup.
I also didn't have time to swim but the pool looked very clean, with a fun little island and hot tub in the middle! Plenty of chairs and not crowded.
The cleaning service made the beds and folded the towels I had hanging up but did not provide new linens or towels.
One of our co-workers wasn't a fan, calling the hotel "sterile" but I very much appreciated how clean it was.
The only drawbacks were that there were no vending machines anywhere in the hotel (there are stores and restaurants nearby, though) and that there is not a gym IN the hotel. Although they advertise a state of the art gym, it's actually in a hospital nearby. They DO provide complimentary transportation back and forth... but I was not a fan of that.
Overall, with it's close proximitely to Disney (across the street) and SeaWorld (about 15 minutes up 4) this would be a wonderful place for a family to stay for several days, especially if you intend on cooking some meals yourself.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank gracie3752
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We stayed at the Mona Lisa suites for the Memorial Day Weekend. We were very happy with all aspects of our stay. But, I have to say that the space for the family was fantastic. We had the two bedroom suite and having a separate space and bathroom for the two kids was priceless. The space is very clean with modern elements. Great storage space for a longer stay. The shower was fabulous. The pool area was always so clean. There was always an attendant straightening up. The kids even commented on how clean the water was. The unique shape of the pool allows for a lot of people while still having some personal space. The pool side rooms have a great view, but be aware that the pool can get a little loud over the weekends. Thursday night was very peaceful. But, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights got a little rowdy with all of the kids in the pool and the parents in the bar. Aside from the pool noise, the rooms are so quiet and the beds so comfortable and fresh that we got great sleep every night. I would definitely recommend the Mona Lisa and specifically the two bedroom suites for any family trip to Orlando.

Room Tip: Get poolside if you stay up past 10 PM.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kayakfool1
Reviewed 24 May 2011

There were 5 of us so we needed a suite. We got a 2 bedroom suite and it was amazing. Modern but comfortable. I was surprised at how nice everything was. Everyone in my party loved the place and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelershane
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I called the front desk, not once, but three times tying forever to connect to the wireless internet. I was having so much trouble. The Mona Lisa front desk clerk named Cortez was so helpful. He desperately tried walking me through the necessary steps, but still no internet. By the third call he voluntered himself to actually come to the room and show us step by step. Well he was to leaving soon, his shift was over and considering it was nearly 11pm or midnight, I felt that just wasn't fair to a person who has worked all night, and needs to go home to his family. I just wanted to say thank you to him, because no one, and I mean no one goes out of their way anymore to help strangers, especially at the end of their shift. Oh and it was a Friday night. Cortez was a really nice employee, and expressed top notch customer service skills. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family