2,692 results
All reviewsmona lisafull kitchenpool viewnear disneyflorida hospitalstove topresort fee isthe sofa beddowntown celebrationshuttle serviceliving areamaster bedroompool towelslaundry roomminute drivegreat poolfree shuttle
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Hotel very well placed for Orlando airport, Disney Land, Universal studios (Harry Potter World), Sea World + Kennedy space centre is within easy reach for a day trip.
We had a 2 bedroom suite, pool facing on the ground floor. Loads of space, very clean and well appointed. The 2 king sized beds were huge, VERY comfortable with top-notch bed linen. Baby cot was provided at no extra cost. Kitchen contained everything one might need (except possibly a kettle) - the ice maker was a nice feature. Having battled with many a dodgy air-con in european resorts, we found the air-con v.good (and very necessary!!). Both bathrooms large, clean and functioned well. The pool was EXCELLENT for younger children as it started off very shallow and the shape of the pool makes it easy to keep an eye on kids from the loungers. No problem securing loungers or tables/umbrellas - never saw more than half in use the entire time we were there + plenty of shade. Hotel staff were very helpful & friendly - special thanks to Tony.
I see various reviews moaning about the $12 a day resort fee - but this was clearly stated when we booked - and for the fee we got multiple rides to theme parks, daily bottled water, tea & coffee, daily US paper, basic breakfast, free computer use (inc. printer), free parking & use of washing machine - frankly, we thought it was an ok trade. We ate in the hotel twice in the evening - a bit lacking in atmosphere, but the food was good.
Would definately recommend. Only small quibbles: Last half hour of breakfast (10 to 10.30 am) can get a bit hectic, a small kettle in the kitchen would be nice (it's a brit thing!) + later opening of the hotel bar.

Room Tip: Try to get a pool view room + ground floor is very handy / safe for those with small children/buggies though darker than rooms on upper flo.
1  Thank 2NICKsAC
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite for a week. It is large and clean. It is an ok value for the price in the low $100s per night since there is enough space for 4-6 people, but just don't expect hotel services or vacation condo amenities. Housekeeping only changes towels and makes the beds; they don't vacuum the floors or provide new toiletries. Two maids come and clean for 3 minutes; I know since I was there twice when they cleaned up. The kitchen only has enough plates and glasses for 4 people. Don't expect to actually cook in the kitchen. It's ok if you want to heat up food in the microwave. There is a small saucepan and a large cooking spoon. There is no frying pan or spatula. We had to buy a small packet of dishwashing powder since there was only one packet provided and we were staying for a week. There's also no sponge or dishwashing liquid provided. The towels are very thin, especially at the pool! The gym is not on-site, but is well-equipped. Be aware that the hotel needs 6 hours advance notice if you actually want to use the hotel shuttle to go anywhere. The pool is cute for kids since it's not very deep. Overall, just know what to expect for the price and it might be what you are looking for.

1  Thank knk29
monalisasuitehotel, Mona Lisa Suite Hotel Management at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Dear mattmom,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Mona Lisa Suite Hotel, we appreciate the comments you have offered for our improvement. Guest comments are highly valued and taken very serious by our management team. We value your business and your feedback.

Please let me do my best to address your comments.

The Mona Lisa Suite Hotel is indeed a full service hotel including 24 hour front desk guest services, concierge & rental car services desk, daily housekeeping, two on property restaurants, room service, complimentary Celebration village transportation, theme park transportation, state-of-the-art fitness center, 360° vanishing edge pool, spa privileges, Celebration Golf Club privileges, high-tech Da Vinci Boardroom, grocery delivery service, and attraction ticket services.

The property is centrally located in the award winning village of Celebration, Florida just 2.5 miles from the entrance to Disney World Theme Parks, 2.3 miles from Celebration Town Center (including Starbucks, Celebration Town Tavern, Columbia Restaurant, D’ Antonio’s restaurant, Imperium Food and Wine, Thai Thani, Kilwins Ice Cream & Confectioneries, Market Street Café, Seito Sushi, and many boutique shops), 1.3 miles from a Publix Grocery Store, less than one mile from Charlie’s Steak House, Kobe Japanese Steak House, Cold Stone Creamery, Joe’s Crab Shack and Chick-fil-a; and most importantly convenient access to both I-4 and 417 hi-ways.

It is important to note that the Mona Lisa Suite Hotel is a Florida Green property. The Florida Green Lodging Program is a voluntary initiative of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) that designates and recognizes lodging facilities that make a commitment to conserve and protect Florida’s natural resources. As a Florida Green Hotel we practice conservation in Waste Reduction, Reuse and Recycling, Water Conservation, Energy Efficiency, Indoor Air Quality, and Transportation. Consequently, Daily housekeeping services consist of refreshing of bath towels, removing garbage and the making of the bed (s). Guest staying more than 7 days will receive full traditional housekeeping services on the 7 and 14 days. We also offer the option of full service traditional housekeeping for a small fee.

Each suite comes equipped with modern kitchens including stainless steel appliances, full sized refrigerator w/ ice maker, dishwasher, toaster, microwave oven, traditional 4 element tempered glass stove top, dinnerware, glassware, flatware and cooking supplies. Dish soap, garbage bags, paper towels and dish washing machine soap are all provided.

The Mona Lisa Suite Hotel does charge a $12 resort fee, per night. The resort fee gives us the opportunity to offer additional products and services to our guests at a minimal cost. These are products and services that guests have consistently requested over time and that Mona Lisa has responded by providing. We believe that these services are a great value to our guests. They include: daily bottled water in suite (2), daily newspaper, in-suite coffee and tea, wireless internet, free local/toll/credit cards calls, poolside towel service, privileges at Celebration Fitness Center as well as Celebration Golf Club, and transportation to all area theme parks.

A reservation for transportation to the theme parks does require a 6 hour advance notice. This allows the transportation company to prepare and send the proper size vehicle for the number of guests traveling. As would be expected some days less than 6 people utilize this service and other days more than 20 persons utilize this service.

I hope this information was helpful. Once again we value your business and sincerely hope that you may give us another opportunity to show you that we can provide the type of vacation experience that you expect while staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Staff was extremely helpful. Complimentary transportation to/from town of Celebration for shopping/dinner. Minutes from Disney. Rooms clean, service people pleasant and helpful. Very family-orientated. Both restaurants/bar inviting. food was great and adapted to all ages groups. suite had all kitchen amenities and comfortable living room space separate from bedrooms.

Room Tip: Overlooking pool area was delightful
1  Thank peggyg234
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed at the Mona Lisa a couple of weeks ago for the STS-135 shuttle launch. The suite was much larger than I expected, and was quite well appointed with full kitchen, lounge area, two master bedrooms with their own bathroom.

A few things stood out very quickly, which if changed/fixed would make the suite much better.

1. The lighting in the kitchen is fine for making a quick bite to eat, but I could see it being terrible for preparing a large meal. The oyster light needs to go and replaced with a ceiling-mounted fluoro light and downlights under the wall-mounted cupboards to illuminate the benchtop area. (disclaimer: I'm an electrician, so maybe this stood out more for me.. :)

2. The air conditioning air handling unit is in a small cupboard space in the kitchen area. There is a thin, fully vented door to access it that does absolutely nothing to block the noise. This needs to be replaced by a hardwood or steel door, and acoustic insulation needs to be installed on the walls and door inside this cupboard space. Even with the bedroom door closed, the fan is very noticeable - especially when trying to sleep. (disclaimer: I also work in the air conditioning industry, so maybe this stood out more for me.. :)

3. There aren't any instructions on how to operate the air conditioning controller, and it's not straightforward on how to use it/ change the temperature/ fan speed/ etc. Plan to search online for the manufacturer instructions..

4. There are a lot of light switches that do absolutely nothing. None of the many switches are labelled.

5. The TVs could probably be a little larger for the big area they're in (nice to have I suppose!).

6. There is no compendium of hotel information, services, etc.

7. There is no room service, only a hotel bar and restaurant that you can't take away from. I was really surprised about this for such a hotel (although began to expect it after encountering at many other hotels in the weeks since). After a long flight in and with having to be up at midnight for the launch.. I didn't really feel like eating out at the restaurant.

8. Towels kept disappearing from my bathroom after housekeeping came through each day, even though I'd hung them up to reuse.

I was staying in a part of the hotel that wasn't connected to the reception area, and unfortunately a huge storm blew across right as I went to take the bags inside. Don't make my mistake and refuse the umbrella from the front desk, even if there is lightning. Needless to say it took two days for my clothes and shoes to dry!

I could probably turn a blind eye to all these things and would otherwise recommend this as a good hotel if it weren't for what I found on a final check that I had everything before checking out. I slept in the right-hand side room and used that bathroom only, however I had hung my clothes to dry in the other one. I went to dry my hands after using the bathroom and found my hand towel had been taken by housekeeping the day before, so I went to get one from this other bathroom. As I reached for a towel, I noticed a very carefully placed pubic hair on top of it. Needless to say I didn't pick up the towel. These items are stored on a shelf that is reasonably high up (well above waist level!), so there's no chance it just fell there by accident. Then on checking the spare room for anything, I found a used condom packet next to the bed I hadn't slept in.

Regardless of how these things got there, housekeeping need to lift their game big time. At this point, I wondered what I had been tipping them for on previous days, so I decided to leave a tip on my last day that I thought was reasonable: nothing.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank stmorrs9kfm6e1
monalisasuitehotel, Sales and Marketing Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Dear Shehaal,

Please let me do my best to address your areas of dissatisfaction.

1. The lighting in the kitchen: The Mona Lisa Suite Hotel is a Florida Green property. The Florida Green Lodging Program is a voluntary initiative of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) that designates and recognizes lodging facilities that make a commitment to conserve and protect Florida’s natural resources. As a Florida Green Hotel we practice conservation in Waste Reduction, Reuse and Recycling, Water Conservation, Energy Efficiency, Indoor Air Quality, and Transportation. Our lighting systems have been designed with this in mind. I will share your concerns with our management team and our engineers to see if we can come up with a compromise.

2. The air condition handling unit: This is the first time we have received feedback on the fan sound from the handing units. I will check with our engineers to see if we might be able to add acoustical insulation to limit this sound.

3. Thermostat Instructions are one of the components of the in-room directory which is currently in the process of being updated.

4. Light switches: All light switches have a specific function, either to an electrical outlet, a light, or an over head fan.

5. TV size: Each suite comes equipped with flat screen TVs in each room including digital programming and premium movie purchase options. For example a two bedroom suite has 3 TVs, one in each bedroom and one in the living room area. These are the original TVs that the property was equipped with upon opening in 2007. TVs have since become considerably larger and lower in cost.

6. The In-room directory as mentioned earlier is currently in the process of being updated.

7. We are a full service hotel and do offer room service. Guests can order anything off the menu at their leisure, and have it delivered to there suite or eat in one of our restaurants.

8. Daily housekeeping services consist of refreshing of bath towels, removing garbage and the making of the bed (s). Any towel left in the tub or on the floor should have been replaced with a fresh towel. I apologize if this did not take place. I am confident that a call to the font desk would have quickly resolved this oversight.

In response to your final comment upon finding a hair on your towel I can only sincerely apologize. We strive very hard to provide the highest quality of product at the best available price. Any hair or packaging found in a clean suite is just simply unacceptable and I sincerely apologize. I assure you this is an exception to a regular guest experience and again I apologize.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

The Mona Lisa is located in a nice area. The rooms and the hotel are very nice, as is the pool. However, we found some "gotchas" that travelers should be aware of. When I booked the hotel, I found out that it would cost me an additional $81 for the privilege of getting 80% of my money back if I canceled more than 72 hours in advance. I would get nothing back canceling within 72 hours. Reading the fine print was the first time I realized this was a "pay in advance" rate. It says that there is free wi-fi in the room, but this is covered in the $12 per day resort fee. Every time I tried to use the wi-fi, I received a message saying that the maximum number of users were logged in. The resort fee also covered 2 bottles of water, a newspaper available in the lobby, local health club and golf access, local calls, pool towels and local transportation. You can not opt out of the resort fee, so think of the room rate as being $12 higher. The hotel says that it has room service, but you have to go to the restaurant to get the room service menu. They will read it to you over the phone if they are not too busy. The free continental breakfast is not buffet style. You are seated in the restaurant and served a small danish, muffin and cresent roll per person. There is also a menu. Fruit is extra (a banana is $1.25.) There is a grocery store down the street. The thermostat does not allow adjustments to temperature, just Cool, Heat or Off. We alternated (frequently) between Cool and Off, since the temperature is set for 69 degrees.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear stb501,

It appears from your communication that you booked a rate that is called a nonrefundable rate. This rate is usually the very lowest available rate and requires full payment at the time of purchase and is as labeled nonrefundable.

We do offer property wide Internet access here at the Mona Lisa Suite Hotel. Any on property guest can access the Internet using either WIFI or via a LAN connection. It requires no special login to access. Guests visiting for dinner or guests experiencing our accommodations can equally use this service.

The Mona Lisa Suite Hotel does charge a $12 resort fee, per night. The resort fee gives us the opportunity to offer additional products and services to our guests at a minimal cost. These are products and services that guests have consistently requested over time and that Mona Lisa has responded to these requests and provided. We believe that these services are a great value to our guests. They include: daily bottled water in suite (2), daily newspaper, in-suite coffee and tea, wireless internet, free local/toll/credit cards calls, poolside towel service, privileges at Celebration Fitness Center as well as Celebration Golf Club, and transportation to all area theme parks.

Mona Lisa Suite Hotel is a full service hotel and offers room service. Guests can order anything off the menu at their leisure, and have it delivered to there suite or eat in one of our two fine restaurants.

Mona Lisa Suite Hotel offers guests complimentary continental breakfast. This free breakfast includes: a fresh bakery basket of flaky croissants, muffins, and sweet pastries, your choice of 5 fruit juices, freshly brewed coffee and tea.

Each suite at the Mona Lisa comes equipped with a digital thermostat that allows guest to alter their suite temperature on demand. The fan can be turned on or off, heat or cool, and set at a desired temperature.