I will check out of this hotel tomorrow, so I am currently in it, writing my review. Overall, our family of 4 (kids are 4 and 6) enjoyed the 1 bedroom suite offered at this hotel. I would not say it is a luxurious place, but I am sure it is comparable if not better than many family hotels in Orlando.
The positives : location (quiet area, very close to the parks and I-4, nice neighbourhood, very secure), pool area is georgeous (circle shape, shallow and deeper areas, zero entry section for young kids, palm trees, secluded, lots of chairs, umbrellas and tables), room size is very good (our family of 4 was all right in the one bedroom suite), cool to have a kitchenette, having a balcony was appreciated, king bed very comfortable, hotel is well insonorized (we didn't hear any noise whatsoever) and most importantly, very clean!
The negatives : kitchen is not well equipped (there were 4 big plates, 3 bowls, 2 forks, 2 wine glasses, no sink plug, no clothe to wash or wipe the dishes, no oven, no mittens, no salt & pepper), the room shows its age (broken or worn furniture, sratches on the wall, noisy air conditionning, patio door did not lock, stains on carpet), I did not like the food at the hotel's restaurant. Also, I took the time to make a written request for a pool view room before checking-in, but instead, I have been granted a view-of-nothing-but-a-field-and-road room with no explanation (I think however, that only 2 bedrooms suites are facing the pool), the 2 times I pushed the Service button on the phone, it kept on ringing forever and I never got anybody to answer (first because I needed sheets for the Hide-a-bed and a fourth set of towels and second because I wanted to know if I could have a pizza delivered to my room, both time I had to go to the front desk to ask but both times those requests have been quickly taken care of).
Overall and notwithstanding the negatives listed above, I liked staying at this hotel and I would recommend it to my friends who are not too picky. For the price I've paid, I consider it a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury & Location fuse together at Melia Orlando ALL-Suite Hotel, a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(R) Hotel. The hotel is an oasis located in one of Forbes Magazine's Top Ten "Prettiest Neighborhoods" while being close to the magic of Orlando. Melia Orlando Hotel at Celebration is a luxury all-suite hotel featuring 240 spacious one and two-bedroom suites, complete with sleek designer kitchens, beds with Egyptian cotton linens, LCD flat screen TVs, and balconies overlooking our vanishing-edge pool or Florida landscape. The property is centrally located in the award-winning village of Celebration and minutes from the gates of the Walt Disney World(R) theme parks. With transportation to Celebration Town Center and all major area theme parks, location is as extraordinary as the personalized service and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Melia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mona Lisa Suite Celebration
- Hotel Mona Lisa Suite
- Melia Orlando Suite Hotel At Celebration Florida