“Nice overall stay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Montreal, Quebec
“Nice overall stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I will check out of this hotel tomorrow, so I am currently in it, writing my review. Overall, our family of 4 (kids are 4 and 6) enjoyed the 1 bedroom suite offered at this hotel. I would not say it is a luxurious place, but I am sure it is comparable if not better than many family hotels in Orlando.

The positives : location (quiet area, very close to the parks and I-4, nice neighbourhood, very secure), pool area is georgeous (circle shape, shallow and deeper areas, zero entry section for young kids, palm trees, secluded, lots of chairs, umbrellas and tables), room size is very good (our family of 4 was all right in the one bedroom suite), cool to have a kitchenette, having a balcony was appreciated, king bed very comfortable, hotel is well insonorized (we didn't hear any noise whatsoever) and most importantly, very clean!

The negatives : kitchen is not well equipped (there were 4 big plates, 3 bowls, 2 forks, 2 wine glasses, no sink plug, no clothe to wash or wipe the dishes, no oven, no mittens, no salt & pepper), the room shows its age (broken or worn furniture, sratches on the wall, noisy air conditionning, patio door did not lock, stains on carpet), I did not like the food at the hotel's restaurant. Also, I took the time to make a written request for a pool view room before checking-in, but instead, I have been granted a view-of-nothing-but-a-field-and-road room with no explanation (I think however, that only 2 bedrooms suites are facing the pool), the 2 times I pushed the Service button on the phone, it kept on ringing forever and I never got anybody to answer (first because I needed sheets for the Hide-a-bed and a fourth set of towels and second because I wanted to know if I could have a pizza delivered to my room, both time I had to go to the front desk to ask but both times those requests have been quickly taken care of).

Overall and notwithstanding the negatives listed above, I liked staying at this hotel and I would recommend it to my friends who are not too picky. For the price I've paid, I consider it a good deal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Terre Haute, In
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We just spent a week at the Melia Orlando for a baseball tournament. The resort is located in a great area in Celebration. We booked a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit which was located on the end of the resort. The unit was nice in size but the furniture, carpet, coffee pot, and bathrooms all needed updating. The beds were nice and comfortable and the balconies were very nice. Hopefully, the resort will update the units soon because we would probably go back there if that happened. The hallways were very plain and also could use some character. Overall I would rate the hotel a 3 or 3 1/2 not a solid 4 as stated in the booking.

Room Tip: The rooms on the end have the best balconies
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

My family and I had the worst experience at the Melia hotel and resort in Celebration, Florida. We were ignored at the front desk, not helped after waiting in the lobby for half hour. Still no service or apologies after calling Mr. Jay Granada after walking out. So we called and canceled our reservations from the car before even seeing the accommodations we were suppose to be staying in for our 5 night stay in Orlando, Florida (2 bedrooms). Sorry we bothered them at their workplace. We are very upset, never again.

6 Thank Zharenee C
Andrew F, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Good Evening,

This email serves to acknowledge your recent comments. Your feed back has been eye opening in the fact that what was to be a rewarding and exciting moment to visit the Melia turned out to be a sour one at best.

The feed back you have given is a tool, showcasing the opportunity for us to correct regardless if our hotel is busy or not. I can not apologize enough for the lack of concern, or ability to meet your needs by simply showing you a room. The hotel has been very busy the last month and any time a guest comes in to see a suite, we want to show a clean and inspected one. It may be possible that one was not available at the time and reason to have you wait briefly. However, this does not constitute having to wait with out follow up nor acknowledgement from our management team.

I would, as the front office manager, love to have the pleasure of speaking to you over the phone in further detail about this situation. This is unfortunate on both sides, one because you were left with a sour note of how the Melia Orlando Suite Hotel under delivered, and two, for us because you chose our hotel over the many other great hotels in Orlando to take care of your family, however we failed.

Please take my apologies on behalf of the hotel, give us another chance, and allow me to personally take care of your needs.

With kind regards,

Andrew Fox
Front Office Manager
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
407-964-7170
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great roomy two bedroom suite. Great, workable kitchen, I was able to cook simple meals several nights. Pool was great and was heated well enough (a little warmer would have been nicer!) We used the hot tub most nights. The photos shown on the reviews are pretty accurate. Staff was helpful and friendly. Bathrooms were great. Furniture, while it looks nice, is already starting to wear out in room 228 eg. drawers are misaligned in master bedroom and kitchen, couch's middle cushion's zipper had stuffing spilling out due to split zipper. Maid service is inconsistent eg. forgetting to replace cream for in-room coffee and dishwasher powder - had to ask for it everyday. I started with 3 bath towels and would then get 2! The daily resort fee had gone up to $15 from the $12 listed by selloffvacations.com, but when I showed my paperwork, I got the $12 rate. By the way, I only got the newspaper 4 of the 8 days, but it was supposed to be included in the resort fee! People have complained about the continental breakfast, but we thought it was great - croissants, either apple or raspberry strudels and mini-muffins (blueberry or lemon poppyseed.) My kids loved the orange juice, we also appreciated the coffee in styro cups with lids. The breakfast was available in take-out containers, so it was great to hit the road with it. Maybe people were expecting bacon and eggs, but that's not what a continental breakfast is. Overall, this hotel more than met my expectations and I would stay here again in spite of the minor issues. I would highly recommend the two-bedroom suite for families. My boy and girl took turns sharing the pull-out couch and second king bed on alternate nights. It was great to have two separate bathrooms to get ready in the morning! Free laundry was helpful. Two nice balconies, including a dining table and chairs. The hotel was kept quite clean. This is probably the quietest hotel I've ever stayed in - no traffic noise, no hall noise. The most comfortable hotel bed and pillows EVER!!! This hotel was a great pick for us, but if you're the diva type, it might not be right for you.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Ann_Mroue
Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Nice and spacious rooms! Kitchen is very handy with all tools needed.
Cleaning: dont expect a full service, they dont even vacum the floor. But they do change your towels. I stayed 10 days, we had 1 day of full service.
Breakfast: Its ridiculous! Its better not to say that they offer a free breakfast. Small basket with tiny little croissant, muffin and pastry sweet. Better buy at Publix some bread, fruits, yogurts and have them at yr room, or have a real breakfast at their restaurant.
But what bothered me the most was the surprising charge of $15,00 A DAY for resort fee! This hotel is not a resort, pleeeaase! Yes they have a pool and thats it! Not even a fitness room, if you want to work out, you have to walk to another place (yes its free of charge, but come on!)
Overall: despite all, i liked staying here. I hope they change these three disappointing things...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KateTosh
Raymore, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

First visit to a Melia and WE'LL BE BACK! Front Desk full of smiles and accommodating. TREMENDOUS ROOMS = Large, Clean, Everything You Need at a Very Fair Price. 'Most Comfortable Bed We've Slept in Years' ~ is what my bride and I both said after first night.
Coffee, Juice, Danish, Croissants are included in your room fee too.

Deborah, a manager greeted us midway through, and ask how things were, stay like we were great friends.

*** We truly want to give a extra special Shout Out and the 'GREAT AMBASSADOR AWARD' there to our Wednesday breakfast server KARINA. Her Smile, Cheerful Spirit and Outstanding Service made us leave the restaurant feeling fantastic. There is a saying 'People may not always remember what you said or did...but they'll never forget how you made them feel'. Karina is living out that 'feeling great' message. So ASK FOR KARINA at breakfast.

God Bless You Karina and all at the Melia! Great Job and Thanks!

Room Tip: We had a one room suite. Two flat screens, separate living area and bedroom, full kitchen, big bath...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great location very modern with heated pool. We were in early (12:30pm) on presidents day and they said no rooms were available until 4pm but we waited in the lobby for a couple of minutes and a room all of a sudden became available huh! We were very glad to hear this so thanks to the staff at Melia we were able to go to Disney that afternoon which was very nice as we were only here for 6 days

Room Tip: Room 516 was very nice and modern with 2 patios but not over looking the pool as it is a two bedroom...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Richard S, Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Jamie N,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration. We appreciate your business and the comments you have offered for our improvement.

I am pleased hear you we were able to accommodate you and your family with an early check-in. We have been at 100% occupancy many times over the last few weeks, which challenge housekeeping to prepare the large all-suite accommodations. Fortunate we have an exceptional housekeeping staff and management team. Standard check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out time is 11 a.m. Thank you for your kind comments.

Guests arriving prior to the standard 4 p.m. check-in time can stow their luggage in our bell closet, grab lunch at the Bistro Bar & Grill, and soak up some sun at our spectacular 360° infinity pool.

Guaranteed pool side accommodations are available upon request at a small additional fee. Each suite comes equipped with a furnished balcony overlooking your choice of either the spectacular 360° infinity pool and courtyard or lush Florida landscape.

Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel is conveniently located in the charming village of Celebration, named one of the nation’s Top 10 ‘Prettiest Neighborhoods’ by Forbes Magazine 2011, just 2.5 miles from the entrance to the Walt Disney World® theme parks and minutes to Universal Studios® and SeaWorld®. It’s proximity to Central Florida’s Conference and Convention Center, major entertainment venues, shopping centers and countless restaurants make Meliá Orlando’s location ideal for both work and play.

We know well that you have many accommodation choices when visiting Central Florida. It is our desire to be your hotel of choice.

At Meliá, You are the Journey!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center
Floridays Resort Orlando
Floridays Resort Orlando
#20 of 335 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 7,710 reviews

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!