Hi there! We just got back from 5 days with a 1 and 3 year old at the Melia Suites Orlando. I used to be a Disney employee (and traveled constantly) so have traveled to Orlando a lot and have always stayed at Disney properties when in the area. I decided to go "off property" because I wanted a bigger room and something a little more low-key since my kids are so young. I loved the location and size of the 2-bedroom suite we had at the Melia and the kids adored it. I was going to give it a glorious review but see below.
The downside: our room was on the ground-floor and had ants. There were hidden charges I wasn't expecting as I had purchased a package through priceline: a $15/day "resort fee", a $60/day crib fee (which I fought) and the "free" breakfast turned out to be a bread basket and coffee which my small children wouldn't eat. There was also something about a charge for your room being cleaned but that did not appear on my bill (it was advertised on the television screen in my room one day). The pool was beautiful but could have been warmer (although my small kids loved it I thought it was cold and I'm a pool person).
In addition, one evening I called the front desk about a question about the time of an event at Downtown Disney. The attendant seemed annoyed by the question and flustered and said she would call me back and never did. We drove the kids down there and the event had been delayed by 2 hours- I was not happy. My cell reception in the room was spotty or else I would have called myself. If I was a business traveler I would have not been ok with the concierge not calling me back.
Overall, the kitchen was great and the decor was nice- it was a very mellow feel and lots of walking paths nearby as well as food, grocery and drugstore so that made life easy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury & Location fuse together at Melia Orlando ALL-Suite Hotel, a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(R) Hotel. The hotel is an oasis located in one of Forbes Magazine's Top Ten "Prettiest Neighborhoods" while being close to the magic of Orlando. Melia Orlando Hotel at Celebration is a luxury all-suite hotel featuring 240 spacious one and two-bedroom suites, complete with sleek designer kitchens, beds with Egyptian cotton linens, LCD flat screen TVs, and balconies overlooking our vanishing-edge pool or Florida landscape. The property is centrally located in the award-winning village of Celebration and minutes from the gates of the Walt Disney World(R) theme parks. With transportation to Celebration Town Center and all major area theme parks, location is as extraordinary as the personalized service and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Melia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mona Lisa Suite Celebration
- Hotel Mona Lisa Suite
- Melia Orlando Suite Hotel At Celebration Florida