The hotel staff seems friendly enough and professional but perhaps to professional to understand that they are dealing with people. If you show up before check in time at 4:00pm don't expect for them to give you your room early. There were many people waiting for rooms, but of course their restaurant was open so you were able to eat and drop some unexpected cash at the hotel. I explained we had reservations at a theme park restaurant at 4:00pm but it fell on deaf ears. I often wonder if it's just a way to increase revenue for the restaurant, of course it is! The staff doesn't seem to accommodating towards this issue and a lesson in understanding and friendliness could go a long way.
The lobby only has four chairs and several people were standing waiting on rooms for hours.
Read the fine print, there is a $15.00 per night resort fee, for what I don't know . I know many hotels have resorted to this extortion technique to get more revenue, but I don't like it. Guess they are learning from the airlines.
As you can see my stay started out on a bad note, which makes me already not to want give this hotel a good review, or recommend it to anyone. Starting things out with stress isn't my idea of a good time.
The first day the room was good, second day there were no shower mats, third day there were no shower mats or wash cloths. Guest were not allowed to use the cart to take items to their rooms. Be prepared to carry stuff a long way. Didn't use any amenities but charged $15 per night. Not even the newspaper which was listed as one of the items. Great hotel, bad management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury & Location fuse together at Melia Orlando ALL-Suite Hotel, a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(R) Hotel. The hotel is an oasis located in one of Forbes Magazine's Top Ten "Prettiest Neighborhoods" while being close to the magic of Orlando. Melia Orlando Hotel at Celebration is a luxury all-suite hotel featuring 240 spacious one and two-bedroom suites, complete with sleek designer kitchens, beds with Egyptian cotton linens, LCD flat screen TVs, and balconies overlooking our vanishing-edge pool or Florida landscape. The property is centrally located in the award-winning village of Celebration and minutes from the gates of the Walt Disney World(R) theme parks. With transportation to Celebration Town Center and all major area theme parks, location is as extraordinary as the personalized service and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TravelUp, Melia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mona Lisa Suite Celebration
- Hotel Mona Lisa Suite
- Melia Orlando Suite Hotel At Celebration Florida