Good stay, but a few things spoiled it.These issues have been mentioned by lots of others and you would think Melia would sort them as it would really improve the overall experience for little cost and make this resort more in line with the Melia brand.
Shuttle Bus - really poor service. Hardly any shuttles and buses too crowded. Melia should put on a lot more trips there and back to Disney, it isn't far. Also adding a later return shuttle from Universal would be good.. Same goes for Downtown Disney, why does Melia not offer transport there as it is not that far from resort. How about adding an early evening shuttle there and say 10.30/11pm return? Us Europeans don't want to drive everywhere and cabs are too costly.
Resort Fee - knew about it and would have been happy to pay for it if the shuttle bus service had been much better. But as the shuttle service was poor, we ended up taking the car to the parks (and paying parking), which spoiled the experience every day. The resort fee just felt a rip off. All we got for nearly €20 a day (once you add tax) was a couple of bottles of water (which you could buy in shop for a few cents) and a breakfast, not to our taste. Tjhe resort fee should be optional if they don't improve the shuttle service.
Rooms - cleanliness ok, but rooms could do with a bit of redecoration.
Relatives of ours are going to this resort in June so will be interesting to see if Melia listen to customers and take on board comments. These aren't just our comments, they have been repeated by lots of other reviewers.
Come on Melia, show us if you care! If you do, we would come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury & Location fuse together at Melia Orlando ALL-Suite Hotel, a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(R) Hotel. The hotel is an oasis located in one of Forbes Magazine's Top Ten "Prettiest Neighborhoods" while being close to the magic of Orlando. Melia Orlando Hotel at Celebration is a luxury all-suite hotel featuring 240 spacious one and two-bedroom suites, complete with sleek designer kitchens, beds with Egyptian cotton linens, LCD flat screen TVs, and balconies overlooking our vanishing-edge pool or Florida landscape. The property is centrally located in the award-winning village of Celebration and minutes from the gates of the Walt Disney World(R) theme parks. With transportation to Celebration Town Center and all major area theme parks, location is as extraordinary as the personalized service and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, TravelUp, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mona Lisa Suite Celebration
- Hotel Mona Lisa Suite
- Melia Orlando Suite Hotel At Celebration Florida