“The best hotel ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Celebration
“The best hotel ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I love this place it's clean and can't say a bad word about this hotel we tried to find a nice hotel and we did comfortable beds clean no need to worry about bed bugs i give them 10 in a scale of 10.Thank you keep up the good job.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank Elzbieta D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Celebration
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Overall not a great experience. The outer exterior of the hotel was very deceiving. The pool area was great although the drinks at $10/drink were quite watered down.

Now to the issues. We we booked in room 126. I booked through Travelocity, so I assumed we would get the 'discounted' room, however this was a bit ridiculous. The floorin the master bathroom was horrible. There was grout stuck to it so it appeared dirty. I can't imagine I'm the first guest to complain about this. This is supposed to be a 4 star resort, which was only 3 star at best. I am traveling to cabo in August but will not be staying at ME, because of this experience. We had to constantly ask for more hand towels after we returned from the park daily. The mattress in the sofa sleeper was horrible and was not outfitted with linens. I didn't read the terrible reviews before I booked. Had I, I would have chosen a different property. Overall, it was just not a great experience. We just made the best of it since we prepaid through Travelocity. I never fill out these surveys, but these issues need to be addressed. Room 126 should not be given to any guest until you get the floors fixed. That is unacceptable!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

3 Thank Jenkinsc2737
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Jenkins,

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your opinion of your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear it was less than outstanding. We pride ourselves on customer service as a brand and as a hotel, and this experience certainly missed the mark.
I can assure you, there are no "discounted" rooms which we assign to certain guests. Our rooms are assigned on a first come first serve basis and we attempt to meet any and all requests for room allocation, whenever possible. I have raised the issue of the "dirty tile" with our engineering department, and they have determined it is simply grout that will be cleaned and polished promptly. We are currently in the talks with several companies regarding our sofa bed mattresses and are out to bid right now for the best fit. We are moving towards a more comfortable memory foam mattress, so I do hope you find this suitable, should you return to stay with us. Meanwhile, I want to thank you again for offering us your opinions and I do wish you safe travels.

Bidston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Staying here right now (4 adults and 3 children) and enjoying such spacious rooms so close to Disney. The staff here are lovely, very helpful and the children love the pool. The Easter egg hunt was a bonus too. The free hotel shuttle is a nice touch. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Frith M
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

After nine nights with four adults and two children in the family suite
Pros:
- spacious rooms, comfy beds
- great pool
- free parking
- close to attractions

Cons:
- the cleaning was insufficient for a family suite. Four adults and two kids in a suite require daily vacuum cleaning. I think the place was vacuumed once. The cabinets of the kitchen were all dirty and should be washed down by the cleaning staff regularly
- some staff members, partcularly at the bar, were not accomodating at all, unfriendly.
- the Ceasars salad at the bar was nothing but a bad joke: a whole lettuce with bottom, heart etc. not sliced on the plate. Difficult to cut a whole lettuce with a plastic kinfe. Lazy cook!
- on the day of our arrival the pool was closed for two hours for cleaning - at 4pm on Sat afternoon!
- the whole place lacks maintenance - some key card readers did not work, all drawers in our kitchen were shaking etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AnGr2013
Dear anGr2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Although I am disappointed to hear you had a less than outstanding experience, I want to thank you for raising your concerns to our attention. As part of our standard cleaning procedure, the floors and counters are cleaned daily with vacuums and the appropriate cleaning chemicals, respectively. Our Caesar salad was developed in a "deconstructed" style which is trending and very popular among many of our competitors here in the Orlando area. I apologize it was not to your liking, however, our chef would be happy to assemble the salad in an easier-to-eat way for you if you would like for next time. According to Florida law, we are required to shut down the pool if there is any sign whatsoever of contamination of any kind of foreign substance in the pool. This is to shock the pool with chemicals and ensure it is safe and clean for your enjoyment! Unfortunately I believe this is what you must have experienced during this time. Regarding your comment about maintenance issues, we are looking forward to our renovation which is scheduled to begin this year and continue on, which will address many of the issues you experienced.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Hitchin, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Overall Hotel was OK, had 2 bed apartment which was massive & large balcony, sadly sofa bed mattress resembled something out of WW2. Drinks expensive & most of the bar staff very miserable & ignored you for long periods of time. Restaurant staff even more miserable & rude to the point that we nearly walked out. Would not return & would not recommend hotel if you intend to use bar or restaurant. On a plus side the cleaners were nice!

Room Tip: Request a corner room as they have large balcony.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Karen P
Dear Karen P,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at Melia Orlando. I am very disappointed to hear your experience with our staff fell short of our standard. Customer service is of top priority to our brand and our hotel. I can assure you this experience is an exception to our norm, and I am addressing your comments directly with our director of food and beverage. Please contact myself directly if you are coming to the Orlando area as I would love to personally oversee your booking with us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This boutique hotel is a gem, had the most brilliant time here. Easy to get to all the parks via the transport. Lovely staff great food. Lovely pool area, celebration is a lovely place. Rooms are massive and beds comfy. I would definitely recommend this as a base for a Disney holiday. Superb!!!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Brendan2807
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good news first..........Location, excellent. Close to all the parks and an abundance of outside restaurants to choose from.
Rooms excellent, we upgraded to a two room family suite and I can honestly say it was the best room we have ever stayed in. We competed with very small insects for the occupancy of the room but I guess thats only to be expected in hot climes
Good pool area, very relaxing but the hotel need to take care with loose floor tiles around the pool
Bad news..........Staff
I found this surprising as American service is famed for being excellent, not so for this hotel. Some of the staff (not all) were sullen, unhelpful, amateur to the point of being rude.
Drinks from the bar and food from the restaurant very expensive. Bar and restaurant is "Fawlty Towers"
My overall opinion about this hotel is not too bad but, its a hotel that feels that it doesn't have to try too hard. Theres lots of other hotels to stay at!

Room Tip: Upgrade at the hotel rather than the tour company as its cheaper to do it that way
4 Thank MaddusDoggus
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Maddus Doggus,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us. I am sorry to hear the service we provided fell short of your (and our) expectations. We as a brand pride ourselves on providing excellent service and anything short of that is unacceptable. I will be messaging you privately to discuss further details of your stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel's amenities, and I do hope you will consider us for future accommodations.

Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center
The Point Orlando Resort
The Point Orlando Resort
#25 of 335 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,420 reviews

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!