2,697 results
All reviewsmona lisafull kitchenpool viewnear disneyflorida hospitalstove topresort fee isthe sofa beddowntown celebrationshuttle serviceliving areamaster bedroompool towelslaundry roomminute drivegreat poolfree shuttle
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We just had a great stay here! Perfect location for our Disney trip. I loved the European vibe of the hotel. Our family suite was perfect for our group- very spacious and comfortable. Clean and well equipped. The service was great - especially Chris at the front desk. He went out of his way to make our stay pleasant. Had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant on Father's Day and had great service there as well. Our server, Giuseppe, took excellent care of us! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had a reservation for this coming August but had to cancel my trip. I called last night to cancel the room, but apparently the reservation desk closes at 5PM so my call went to the front desk. Whoever I spoke to, a young woman, was seemingly put out by my call but said she processed the cancellation. When I asked for a confirmation number, she said "I'm too busy, I'll have someone send you an email later." Uh, okay...needless to say, I called again this morning and spoke to someone in reservations, and not surprisingly, my reservation had not been cancelled.

I have to say the my experience making the reservation went kind of the same way and I've been uneasy all along. All I can advise is that you get something in writing whether making or cancelling a reservation!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jljl
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Atrocious, snotty, lazy, condescending & inept front desk staff. Shower did not work in on suite & was not repaired during my stay. No follow up by staff. Second terrible experience here. There will NOT be a third.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank Joan L
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Joan L,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience with us, as I know we are capable of so much more.
I am hoping you had received my previous response to your Customer Service Satisfaction survey in which I had offered compensation for the poor experience you had with us. I look forward to hearing back from you in regards to the detailed response that was sent, which was also seeking more information as to who your interactions were with so that we may complete internal investigation and followup as needed. Thank you once again for allowing us the opportunity to review and improve upon the experience we provide to our guests, and again I am very sorry this affected your stay with us.

Best Regards,
Jetse

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Traveled w/ wife and two children- age 7 & 9. Melia at Celebration was a perfect facility for us during June as majority of our visit was spent in the pool area. Convenient location for local Orlando theme parks and hotel service was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Lamar B,

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how your experience was here at the Melia. We love hearing our valued guests' feedback and we appreciate knowing that you and your family had a good time while here. Our chic, family-friendly, south beach style pool is one of the many luxuries that you can enjoy on our well located property. Hope to see you back soon!

Best,
Jetse

Reviewed 15 June 2014

What I liked...
Although we wanted to visit the parks, my worst nightmare would be a 24 hour / 14 day Disney fest. What the Melia does is get you really close to the action, at a fraction of the price of a 'resort' and with the feel of a Mediterranean hotel.

The rooms are spacious, with coffee making facilities and whilst we didn't cook in the room, the facilities to do so seemed well in order (hob, microwave, pots and pans, good sized fridge and freezer).

The pool is a little oasis of calm at the end of a long day, with plenty of sun beds and a frequently replenished towel service. Happy hour also runs in the bar from 5-7pm which was very welcome after a hot day stomping around the parks.

In the morning there is a shuttle service that runs two or three times (at different times) to Epcot, giving you access to the Disney Transportation system which is pretty easy to use once you've got the hang of it. Whilst we used the shuttle service in the morning, we got a taxi back to the hotel most evenings. This cost around $25 - Animal Kingdom being the closest park to the hotel. The shuttle service also gets very busy, but the Melia is the first pick up so we did manage to get a seat every day.

Although the hotel does offer a shuttle service to Universal, this leaves pretty early (7.20am) so we used a taxi instead that was organized by the hotel and costs $40 each way.

Either way, if you do have a car you can expect to pay around $17 to park at the parks, so without the hassle of hiring a car, driving on the wrong side of the road etc. it's not a bad deal or too much of an inconvenience if, like us, you don't want to drive.

The hotel also has a smaller people carrier that can take you to most places locally including the supermarket, restaurants and downtown Celebration and that's included as part of the resort fee (see below). So even though we didn't have a car for our entire trip, we never felt stranded.

What really does stand out at the Melia is the staff, whilst I can't name them all (sorry!) some stand outs were Kevin and Bryan in the bar and Julie, Geoffrey and Rob from the front desk. The whole team were really helpful and made us feel at home.

What's not so great...
There are a couple of things that Melia really need to mention when you book...

1. The Resort Fee. Not mentioned anywhere, but $15 plus taxes per day over and above your room rate. This includes the shuttle services, wifi (not great, but ok for keeping in touch), towels for the pool and two bottles of water per day. Whether it's worth the money or not is entirely up to how much you use the services on hand (we used everything!) but it should still be clear that it's an additional charge.

2. The Smoking Policy. My husband and I are both smokers and one of the reasons I picked the Melia was because, unlike the Disney Resorts, the was no stringent smoking policy on the website. Unfortunately there is on arrival, which is when you're asked to sign a $250 agreement to not smoke on your balcony (I totally get not smoking in rooms, but on balconies?) and you also find out that the only outdoor area you can smoke in is a small section just outside the bar, which on our first night only had one ashtray between about 20 smokers... All there because you can't smoke on the balconies!!!! We muddled through, but many of our fellow travellers were really frustrated with this too, particularly those with families who we're putting kids to bed early and therefore couldn't get down to the 'designated' area. The strange thing is, having stayed at Melia hotels elsewhere we know that this isn't their standard policy and so we definitely were not expecting it.

The only other downside is that, as a self catering facility, they have nothing for sale on site other than through the bar or restaurant... No snacks, soft drinks, water, minor first aid stuff etc... So be and stay prepared!!

Overall
For us it was the kind of resort we enjoy. Close to the action, but not in it. Great staff and a good 'holiday' feel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NicLiz