“Average at best”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Sydney, Australia
“Average at best”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just spent 6 nights @ the Melia with my family. We got to our room and it hadn't been cleaned, so off to a bad start. The rooms are quite large but pity the people who have to use the pull out sofa. It is horrible, the most uncomfortable bed in the history of hotels. The pool area is ok with good service. The continental breakfast is a shocker !!!. It is not a continental breakfast, you get pastries and muffins, and 1 juice or coffee, they have no idea. I suggest you stay at a hotel closer to the theme parks as there system is ordinary at best. To get to magic kingdom you catch a bus, then change to the monorail, then change to the bus to get there. Then get picked up in 3 hour intervals to get back. With Universal Studios there is 1 pick up time time 7.45pm, ridiculous. and finally the resort fee is a fort, no value whatsoever.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank lionelb351
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear LionelB,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Melia Orlando. I am very sorry to hear your experience was anything less than outstanding. I would like to look into details of your stay a bit more, so I would like to collect some information in a private message. The state you found your room upon check-in is unacceptable and I can assure you this was an unusual occurrence. Our housekeeping team is very diligent about maintaining a high level of cleanliness as well as correct status of all of our rooms, and I am sorry that you were affected by this brief lapse in service.
Regarding the pull out sofa, I am pleased to inform you that we are now implementing a new memory foam mattress in our sofa beds, which has gotten excellent feedback thus far. As of right now, we are installing them in specific rooms and working our way through the entire facility. Please know that our team is more than happy to ensure your room has one of these very comfortable mattresses for your availability upon request until this installation is complete.
I have also forwarded your comments regarding our breakfast and shuttle service to the appropriate parties, and I will review with them to see if there are any areas for improvement which exist. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Jetse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cuiabá, Mato Grosso, Brazil
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It's a very nice hotel, near Orlando, 5-10 min Disney Parks.
It has a beautiful and pleasant pool. American StyleWriter breakfast and confortable suites.

Family rooms are good choice if you travel with many people.

Room Tip: There are many rooms distributed in 4 buildings around the pool. Anyone is ok.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Raul_Ferreira
Celebration
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Most things are fine during my stay except the shuttle service, they have only one bus to pick up all the people from five different hotels. I love the hotel but the shuttle service sucks. If I would stay there again I would rent a car there.

3 Thank Yanyao P
Dear Yanyao,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Melia Orlando. I am very glad to hear your experience with the hotel was positive. We are consistently looking for what it is that will bring the experience to the next level for our guests. One of the major benefits of staying with us is transportation to and from the parks and local attractions. Based on our guests' comments, we have a regular meeting in which we discuss areas of opportunity that can improve the experience for you and all of our valued guests. While we do offer Hertz rental car pick up right on location, I can assure you we are putting our heads together to come up with a strategy so none of our future guests are affected by similar issues that you have described. Thanks and safe travels!

London, Ontario
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just had an excellent stay at the Melia. Fantastic employees which were very welcoming and courteous, the hotel was very clean and well laid out, and the shuttle/complimentary transportation service was very much appreciated. Only complaint is that check out was at noon, and flight was not until later in the evening. There was no place for guests who had already checked out to shower/freshen up/etc. Highly recommend this hotel!

Celebration
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel was nice and the staff was sooo terriffic but there are so many hidden charges that i would never to back there again. In particular eric and francisco were amazing and took care of our every need

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

5 Thank Victoria M. P
Dear Victoria,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I am very pleased to hear our staff took excellent care of you, and I will ensure that Eric, Francisco, and the rest of our outstanding associates receive the kind words you have left for them.
I am terribly sorry that your expectations were not met with regards to the hotel. I will be sending you a private message, I would appreciate if you could expand on any of the elements of your stay which were not to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on service excellence as well as upholding a high level of guest satisfaction, and I appreciate any and all feedback in which we can use this to improve our guests' experiences. Thanks and safe travels!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We just had a great stay here! Perfect location for our Disney trip. I loved the European vibe of the hotel. Our family suite was perfect for our group- very spacious and comfortable. Clean and well equipped. The service was great - especially Chris at the front desk. He went out of his way to make our stay pleasant. Had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant on Father's Day and had great service there as well. Our server, Giuseppe, took excellent care of us! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Il
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had a reservation for this coming August but had to cancel my trip. I called last night to cancel the room, but apparently the reservation desk closes at 5PM so my call went to the front desk. Whoever I spoke to, a young woman, was seemingly put out by my call but said she processed the cancellation. When I asked for a confirmation number, she said "I'm too busy, I'll have someone send you an email later." Uh, okay...needless to say, I called again this morning and spoke to someone in reservations, and not surprisingly, my reservation had not been cancelled.

I have to say the my experience making the reservation went kind of the same way and I've been uneasy all along. All I can advise is that you get something in writing whether making or cancelling a reservation!

3 Thank jljl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
#25 of 339 in Orlando
Villas of Grand Cypress
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 339 in Orlando

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!