2,709 results
All reviews mona lisa full kitchen pool view near disney florida hospital stove top resort fee is the sofa bed downtown celebration shuttle service living area master bedroom pool towels laundry room minute drive great pool free shuttle
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I just spend two weeks in this hotel and the rooms are certainly not to the standard they are pictured on their website.
During our two week stay, the staff did make the beds and supply fresh towels however the room was not cleaned once. For two weeks, the floor was not hovered or wiped and the room smelled quite badly too.
Also the furniture was very tatty and worn and the overall quality of the room was extremely poor.
Watch out for wide frame round the bed as it's quite sharp and both my husband and I hurt our legs on it.
We enjoyed the pool area and the location of the hotel however the room and the extra charges were very disappointing and I would not stay at this hotel again!!

I would not stay here agai

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank John50th
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had a good stay here but my card was over charged $1,142.00 by the hotel. Being a hotel owner that didn't look good. It took 4 days for the bank to release my funds back to my card and the hotel offered nothing for there mistake.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
3  Thank Tony E
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Mr. E,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your experience with us. I am very sorry your time here was affected by this error in the credit card processing system. Unfortunately, since your reservation was made so close to the time which you checked in, there was a period of time which needed to lapse before the correct billing instructions are set up in the system. Due to this oversight, this caused your card to be authorized, and on behalf of the front desk and the entire hotel, I would like to apologize that you were affected by this. This, in no way, should have ever been something that you were even aware of. I know you worked with Chris and Eric on resolving this issue, and I hope it was completed to your satisfaction and there was no further incident with any other aspect of your stay. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to reach out and let me know.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just spent 6 nights @ the Melia with my family. We got to our room and it hadn't been cleaned, so off to a bad start. The rooms are quite large but pity the people who have to use the pull out sofa. It is horrible, the most uncomfortable bed in the history of hotels. The pool area is ok with good service. The continental breakfast is a shocker !!!. It is not a continental breakfast, you get pastries and muffins, and 1 juice or coffee, they have no idea. I suggest you stay at a hotel closer to the theme parks as there system is ordinary at best. To get to magic kingdom you catch a bus, then change to the monorail, then change to the bus to get there. Then get picked up in 3 hour intervals to get back. With Universal Studios there is 1 pick up time time 7.45pm, ridiculous. and finally the resort fee is a fort, no value whatsoever.

7  Thank Lionel B

Dear LionelB,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Melia Orlando. I am very sorry to hear your experience was anything less than outstanding. I would like to look into details of your stay a bit more, so I would like to collect some information in a private message. The state you found your room upon check-in is unacceptable and I can assure you this was an unusual occurrence. Our housekeeping team is very diligent about maintaining a high level of cleanliness as well as correct status of all of our rooms, and I am sorry that you were affected by this brief lapse in service.
Regarding the pull out sofa, I am pleased to inform you that we are now implementing a new memory foam mattress in our sofa beds, which has gotten excellent feedback thus far. As of right now, we are installing them in specific rooms and working our way through the entire facility. Please know that our team is more than happy to ensure your room has one of these very comfortable mattresses for your availability upon request until this installation is complete.
I have also forwarded your comments regarding our breakfast and shuttle service to the appropriate parties, and I will review with them to see if there are any areas for improvement which exist. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It's a very nice hotel, near Orlando, 5-10 min Disney Parks.
It has a beautiful and pleasant pool. American StyleWriter breakfast and confortable suites.

Family rooms are good choice if you travel with many people.

Room Tip: There are many rooms distributed in 4 buildings around the pool. Anyone is ok.
2  Thank Raul_Ferreira
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Most things are fine during my stay except the shuttle service, they have only one bus to pick up all the people from five different hotels. I love the hotel but the shuttle service sucks. If I would stay there again I would rent a car there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
3  Thank Yanyao P

Dear Yanyao,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Melia Orlando. I am very glad to hear your experience with the hotel was positive. We are consistently looking for what it is that will bring the experience to the next level for our guests. One of the major benefits of staying with us is transportation to and from the parks and local attractions. Based on our guests' comments, we have a regular meeting in which we discuss areas of opportunity that can improve the experience for you and all of our valued guests. While we do offer Hertz rental car pick up right on location, I can assure you we are putting our heads together to come up with a strategy so none of our future guests are affected by similar issues that you have described. Thanks and safe travels!