“Great Hotel In Celebration”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Hotel In Celebration”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

One of my family's favorite hotels to stay at when we head to Disney! The hotel is beautiful and located in downtown Celebration, so there are plenty of little shops and restaurants to go if you just want to walk around the city. Parking is on the street (or valet) and really easy. The rooms are really nice, and ours had a huge balcony over looking the lake and pool which was really nice. Breakfast in the morning was good, and the distance from the hotel to the parks is really quick (less then 15 min unless Magic Kingdom). Overall my family and I love this hotel and can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BrowardGator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is in a very nice area, so we thought we were going to have a super time. The staff seemed like they did not want us there... Very unhelpful... Not friendly... We had to call downstairs to get a guest services book for room service... Totally got the run around... Sucky staff.. Thee worst I have ever encountered at a Marriott Property.

Next, early in the morning... Around 8:30... Housekeeping comes bamming on the door, we declined, because we were still in bed... I guess later they decided to come after we left. We came back from a day of downtown Disney to find that.... Get this..... $700 dollars had been stolen out of our bag in the closet! Yes... Seven-hundred dollars! At first we could not believe it, but after carefully thinking it over, it had to be the housekeeping staff. They had access to our room the four hours we were gone out. We are currently staying at the hotel and we are overly dissatisfied with our entire stay! Housekeeping came into our room, went through our bag and stole our money! I will write another updated review after I see how management will handle this situation!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Alicia R
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
On behalf of the entire Bohemian Hotel Celebration team, we appreciate you sharing your concerns and hate to hear your stay was anything less than perfect. We're currently investigating the claim to find a resolution and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Sincerely, Betsy
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed. Stayed here on my wife's birthday - she had always wanted to after we drove by on a previous vacation. When we came down for breakfast (within the posted hours) a very rude man refused to seat us because they were running a special $50 brunch. After we complained, a manager did seat us, but we were very clearly treated as second-class patrons. Noone checked on us, had to go to the bar to ask for coffee refills, but even there the staff ignored us. Wasn't until my wife got up to walk out that they acknowledged us again. Food came up after about 40 minutes waiting. Never staying here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Adrian G
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Good Day, thank you for taking the time to let me know of your disappointment at breakfast. Our staff was here to provide a great holiday experience for our guest at Thanksgiving and I apologize this was not how you felt. Your feedback will help us better plan for the holidays in the future. I hope your wife had a nice birthday and enjoyed your visit to Celebration. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance. Sincerely, Betsy
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I booked a two-night package at this hotel through Luxury Link for my husband's birthday, and it was a major disappointment. The hotel is pretty and charming, as is the little manufactured town it sits in the heart of. Location couldn't be better -- it is situated right on a lake, yet in the center of town. Park your car and walk everywhere. Our room, billed as a "lake view studio," was really just a room with two queen beds and a sofa area off to the side. But the view over the lake through French doors really was nice, and the room was nice furnished and clean with a large bathroom. Service was where this hotel fell VERY short. We carefully filled out our breakfast menu and put it outside our door in plenty of time to be picked up. But the next morning, when our breakfast had not arrived by half an hour after he window of time we had requested, we looked outside to find the menu had not even been collected the night before! I called downstairs and ordered, and the breakfast was delivered soon enough, but there was no silverware for one of the meals, so my daughter had to eat her Eggs Benedict with her hands! Also, no cup for her tea, so she had to drink it out of the pot! Worse still, when we checked out the breakfasts we had paid Luxury Link for as part of our package were on the bill, at $79 and change. The next day, my husband and I went downstairs to eat, and our surly waitress was so awful we almost came to blows. I left the "restaurant" -- actually just tables sprinkled throughout the lobby -- without eating anything, despite having paid for this meal. I cannot stress how horrendous this person was, actually rolling her eyes and sucking her teeth at me. All this in full view of the restaurant manager, who did nothing, and the front desk staff, who, to their credit, did end up comping my $14.95 internet charge, though that did nothing to dispel the miserable feeling we were left with. To add insult to injury, in our haste to check out of that nightmare, we left my daughter's favorite dress in the hotel room. Despite two calls to the hotel in the days after we arrived home, the dress was never returned.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Kaygraves
Dear Kaygraves, thank you for your review and I want to sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced with our food and beverage service. Our staff truly prides themselves in taking great care of our guest and I am sorry this happened to you. I value your feedback and want to assure you that your comments have been shared with the team and they feel badly that we let you down. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is something we can do to make this up to you. Best Regards, Betsy
Summerfeild,Fl
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The property itself was beautiful and well maintained. Located in the town of Celebration just outside of the Disney theme parks, the area has a number of interesting dining choices and a wonderful small town feel. A guest would have a hard time finding a more a nicer setting to relax. The reception was a bit confusing with no definable check in area. The staff, although very friendly, seemed to be a bit disorganized. The biggest drawback as far as I was concerned was the fact that a great deal of effort was used in making the house keepers role as efficient as possible by lining the halls, early in the mornings, with housekeeping carts This effort made passing through the halls with luggage very inconvenient The property itself is geared more to R&R as opposed to business. Organization seems to be the biggest hurdle for this group from the parking to the check in/checkout if you have not stayed at this property previously this could be very confusing.

Room Tip: Ask for "Lake view" room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank jamesmentors
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear jamesmentors, it is nice to hear you were able to relax and enjoy Celebration and you found the hotel to be beautiful and well maintained. I apologize for the inconvenience with the carts in the halls and will reiterate with the housekeepers the importance of allowing space for luggage to pass. I appreciate you staying with us and look forward to the opportunity to be of service again. Best Regards, Betsy
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed two nights for business. My room was clean, in working order and had the usual amenities, so the hotel is worth every bit of the "acceptable" rating I'm giving it.

I don't know where these five-star reviews are coming from though. The hotel definitely has issues that would warrant the subtraction of at least one star. The "parking" for checking in and out is very tight, and you could easily get blocked in. The hotel has cheap-looking art for sale everywhere, and I found that tacky. Some of the public areas of the hotel have a real problem with being either a freezer or a furnace at whim, and it can be very uncomfortable if you're stuck in one place for extended periods like I was. The pool closes way too early each night.

Location: I didn't see the appeal of Celebration. It's just one of the millions of planned communities that sprawl across Orlando. It's kind of a pain to get to the hotel from the main roads because you have to drive through a residential area with its many stop signs. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance, but they're kind of expensive. You have to go back out on the main roads to get a good selection of restaurants. I guess it's fairly close to Disney though, if that's what you're after.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank kilroy76
Good day kilroy76, I appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective on the hotel and the town of Celebration. Although I am glad you thought the hotel was "acceptable" we strive to be much better. I apologize for the challenge you experienced with parking as well as the temperature in the public areas. I will share your comments with the team so we can address these opportunities. Thank you for staying with us and please let me know if I may ever be of assistance. Sincerely, Betsy
Howden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Celebration is a lovely place to visit when staying in central Florida, and this hotel, beautifully positioned on the lake, is superb. My wife and I had lunch here, on the terrace, and what an excellent lunch it was. The staff went out of their way to be helpful, and as my wife was feeling unwell they went the extra mile and some. The food was excellent, and diners ataying qt the Hotel told us that the rooms and general quality were all up there with the best. We'll be back, and will stay next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#24 of 337 in Orlando
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 337 in Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#86 of 337 in Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!