“Can't Beat the Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Clearwater, Florida
“Can't Beat the Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We loved the location and the breakfast. Our standard room with 2 queen beds was nothing special.and the front desk response was less than stellar. The rest of the service staff besides the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Overall the hotel is very nice and Celebration does offer the ability to park your car and walk to eat and drink. Shopping is pretty limited and I don't think Celebration is more than a 1 or 2 night option. I did have a nice run from the hotel and enjoyed a great breakfast overlooking the lake.

Room Tip: We had room 253 which was very quiet with a street view. Noise can be an issue with some rooms espe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jvs_tampa
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear jvs_tampa,
I am so glad to hear that you loved our location and breakfast! Please know that we are addressing the concerns with the response from our front desk. Besides the ability to walk to shopping and dining I loved seeing you point out the running options we have for our guests! We have a ¾ mile trail adjacent to our hotel that’s a beautiful run around Lake Rianhard and miles upon miles of scenic Celebration to walk, run or ride thru! Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Know upfront that the Truman Show was filmed in Celebration and that I only chose to stay there for convenience of being with other families watching their sons play baseball at ESPN Wide World of Sports, 15 minutes away. The hotel is very pretty outwardly but a little quirky inside. One day out of the 5 we stayed there they speckled painted and repaired walls in our hallway and the smell was gluelike and very strong. The reception desk is set up "casually" with two people sitting at eye level. We had very friendly service but the interior feels a bit dated. Breakfast is in the lobby and was quite good. but its a little lacking in space. There are very good quality restaurants within a two minute walk which adds tot he convenience

Green Features: They were up on the save the environment by not washing towels too often movement...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear rose4718,
I’m so glad you had “very friendly service” during your stay! I appreciate the fact you enjoyed your breakfast here as well as the many restaurants within walking distance of our hotel! Our hotel is also within minutes of theme parks and attractions which does make us a very popular choice for guests looking for a break from the busyness of the area and looking to enjoy some peace and quiet. We are very sorry for the inconvenience during your stay while we were updating the common areas of the hotel. We are consistently looking to improve the hotel inside and out; I hope that upon your next trip to the area you are able to see all the improvements made!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

There just seems to be something missing when it comes to this Hotel. From the outside it's beautiful. The lobby area is nice. The rooms themselves are on the small side and average Hotel rooms. The location is great and we enjoyed being able to walk to Starbucks for breakfast and the other restaurants for dinner. Was able to find on street parking all 4 days we were here so didn't have to worry about parking. Service was hit or miss. Housekeeping didn't restock towels one day. Convenient location to Disney parks.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ingram75
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Ingram75,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed our great location and its close proximity to all the great shopping and dining has to offer! Our hotel is also a short drive from the theme parks making it conveniently accessible but separated enough you are able to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of our small town. Please accept my apology for the missed day of a housekeeping visit and know that it has been passed on to our housekeeping leaders for follow-up. I hope on your next visit to the area you choose to return and try our Bohemian Bar and Grill.
Longboat Key, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We have stayed at both of the Bohemian hotels in Savannah, Georgia and the one in downtown Orlando. We enjoyed staying at those properties, so we were expecting a lot from this location.

The exterior is nice and the lobby is interesting with an old Florida motiff. The bar is right on top of the lobby and ... what we thought was part of the bar turned out to be the restaurant. A very small space.

Our room was clean, but very simple, nothing like the other properties we have stayed at that are part of the Bohemian collection. Our king bed was ok, not the most comfortable. We had a tiny balcony overlooking the pond with two rockers on it. Small room, small bathroom. Reminded us of a less expensive chain hotel room.

We were disappointed that we could not go out on the back veranda. The entire area was closed for a private group function most of the afternoon and into the evening. We were also very, very disappointed with the dinner we had at the restaurant. We chose not to stay for breakfast the next morning.

We did not have that much contact with staff except in the restaurant. That is a seperate review.

We would probably not stay here again if we were in the Celebration area.

Room Tip: A room facing the pond and the town of celebration is probably much quieter than a room near the bac...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shelbee67
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear shelbee67,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I'm glad you noticed the "Old Florida" motif both inside and out; we also like the fact that the "old" decor is mixed with some more contemporary design as well! I do apologize you were unable to enjoy the terrace during part of your stay with us; the beautiful views and space are large enough for groups and we do have events in the back from time to time. My sincere hope is when you do return to the area you are able to see the changes we have and continue to make. Thank you so much for your continued patronage of the Kessler Collection!
Cosby, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a getaway from some construction that is going on at our condo in New Smyrna Beach, sixty mile away. We also chose it because of the proximity of one of our favourite restaurants, The Columbia located a short walk for the hotel.

I called the property at 9:00 AM on Wednesday, our arrival day, to see if an early 1PM check-in would be possible. They said they would put the request into housekeeping, but could not guarantee my requested time. That is the common answer you always get in my vast experience of hotel stays. We arrived at 1:15 PM were told they would put us in the waiting queue. They took my cell number, but we just decided to sit it out in the lobby. Several other couples arrived and were issued keys. I checked back several times and was told "your room is not ready". Finally at 3:45 PM they found us a "nice" room with a balcony after I indicated I was ready to walk. (Check-in is published at 4 PM so they only had fifteen minutes to spare.) I usually find that most properties have a 3 PM check-in time, so I am a little amazed at this hotels lack of control over the housekeeping department.

The lobby was a pleasant place to hang out nicely decorated in an American Indian motif. The lobby chairs are horrible. The seats are probably 16 inches off the floor with no arm rests. It took six minutes to extract my wife from the chair when it was time to move to our room. These chairs are not for old fogeys like us.

The room did have a "balcony" that had a width of two feet. By the time you put the two rocking chairs that were placed there, there was no room for human occupation. The bed was nice, the desk did not have enough available electrical outlets, one night stand light was burned out, the wifi cost $14.95 a day to use, you have to go to the lobby to get the morning paper, there was an absence of a hotel guide including available TV stations and hotel services and there was a dark hair in the bathtub. Our hair is gray so I don't claim ownership.

Too much is not correct for a property that cost us $229.00 including taxes for the night.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard F
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Batonwaver,
Thank you for your review; I’m glad you enjoyed the décor in our lobby as well as the close proximity to Columbia. I also appreciate your willingness to discuss the review in more detail with me. I have communicated the concerns of service to our leadership team who will follow up with our Grand Performers to ensure that we can correct the issues we discussed.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Bohemian last night. It is a beautiful boutique hotel right in the heart of downtown celebration. I wish I could write a great review but unfortunately the customer service was not up to par for a hotel of this type. First, they only had one valet person working on Friday afternoon when we checked in. That person was also doubling as the bell man. So we had to wait ~10 minutes to get our car parked while he unloaded another family's car, took their luggage to their room, and came back out to park our car. When we came down to pick up our car a few hours later we waited 15 minutes for the valet to show up and take our ticket.

But the real annoyance was this morning. My wife, our 7 year old daughter, and I went down to have breakfast around 9am. My wife and I each ordered a continental breakfast (yogurt, granola, muffins) and our daughter ordered a bowl of cereal. After waiting at our table for 45 minutes with no explanation as to why our food (note nothing we ordered even needed to be cooked or prepared) was taking so long we had enough and decided to leave. The only thing our waitress ever said to us was "it should be out in a second", which never happened.

This really is a nice hotel but the service needs improvement. I will say that this morning they had several valets working, so maybe they just need to beef up their afternoon staffing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gator_813
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Gator_813,
Thank you for your response about our “beautiful boutique hotel right in the heart of downtown celebration”. Our hotel offers a serene break from all the activity in the area with lovely paths and trails as well as terrific shopping and dining just a few minutes from our hotels doors!
I am sorry to hear you had to wait to experience all our hotel has to offer while waiting for our bellman to conclude his run. I was very glad to see you noticed we have already addressed our staffing in that particular area! Our food and beverage staffing and service are already being addressed at present; my sincere hope is that upon your next trip out to our area you see all the incredible changes we’ve made to the hotel!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

While all of Orlando was booked up, we slipped into this tiny piece of heaven! What a boutique hotel and we love it! Really minutes from the hubbub of Orlando and in Celebration, Florida!! A Disnes experience. A must try. You' love it!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Smollyg,
We love to hear you enjoyed this “tiny piece of heaven” in Orlando! Our hotel is just minutes away from all the theme parks yet provides a welcome respite from all the hustle and bustle the area can bring! With shopping, dining and recreation just outside our door, there is so much to enjoy in Celebration. We look forward to seeing your return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#29 of 335 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,992 reviews
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,364 reviews
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!