“Overpriced wi- fi”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Lanzarote, Spain
“Overpriced wi- fi”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Location is first class, staff apart from reception are all lovely and very helpful, Wi-fi - well to be honest it is useless and we are all expected to pay $15 per day for the privilege.

When are hotels of this standard going to accept that Wi-fi is now an essential part of life and should be free or at least lost in the daily rate.

Being charged for a useless wi-fi sticks in the throat.

I would have to think twice before re- booking next year.

Room Tip: If using hotel for business, and you are dependant on wi-fi, pick another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BryanMcewan
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear BryanMcewan,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you enjoyed our central location and that are staff were of benefit to you! Thank you for your honest evaluation of our Wifi service. Wireless access is becoming one of the most prevalent topics around our industry; the constant upgrading of technology goes hand in hand with our ability to provide an internet service that supports these changes. We do understand its impact to our guests and our hotel is currently evaluating options and upgrades to our service to improve its efficiency. We hope that on your next visit to the Central Florida area you return to see the progress made in this area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in the Bohemian hotel, because they are associated with the , Marriott chain. The location of this hotel is wonderful, if you wish to be in the heart of everything, in Celebration Florida. Their are lake front rooms, and you are able to walk to all the best shops and restaurants.
Unfortunately the maintenance of the rooms are not all they should be. The room we were unfortunate to occupy. Was so noisy, that it became necessary to change rooms at 1:30 a.m. The plumbing had air in the lines, causing a Very audible alarm type sound. The security person believed, we had set off the smoke alarm, hearing it from down the hall. I do hope the quality of their maintance improves. Other than that our stay would have been just wonderful

Room Tip: lake front rooms will be quieter, and darker at night away from neon lights of the front of the hote...
Green Features: Unknown, however, Marriott chain prosperities, are generally extremely environmentally savvy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sydel5
Dear Sydel5,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us in the heart of Celebration! We are minutes away from all the shopping and dining in Celebration; we are glad you had the time to enjoy this during your stay! We apologize for the condition of the plumbing in your room; we have invested greatly in the last few months to update our hotel; from the landscaping to the paint to the rooms itself. This is a work in progress and we are excited with the direction we are moving in!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Celebration Hotel 1 night for a wedding. We are local but wanted a night out and thought it would be fun to stay at a place we have passed hundreds of times.

We should have saved our money and just went home after the wedding.

Location: the location is prime of course. Walking distance to cute shops, restaurants and Starbucks. 10 min drive or less to Disney. Very safe area. Parking? Super scarce, you are going to have to valet for an extra 25.00 per night.

Hotel exterior and lobby: exterior is pleasant to look at and the lobby is very small, cramped but has nice decor and design. The check-in area is a small desk with 2 computers, no privacy really to talk to the host checking you in. Basically, the person next to you and anyone in that vicinity of the lobby knows your business. I did love the fun chandelier and the decor, all the art is for sale. In the lobby area there is also overflow restaurant seating and a full bar. A lot for a small space.

Check-in: before check-in, I had requested a lake view upgrade (understood the additional charge) and a mini-fridge in the room because I had medication I needed to keep cool. We checked in at the appropriate time and the fridge was not in the room and they didn't know anything about it until I mentioned it, I could tell there was a bit if a scramble even though I had confirmed it by email a few days prior. After we got to the room, it took about 10 minutes for the fridge to get there which was fine.

The actual room: Well....ugh.
The room in no way shape or form reflects the decor or theme of hotel. We had a standard king bed room and it was tiny, I mean TINY. My bedroom at home is bigger. I told my husband "I feel like we are at your Mom's house and not in a good way."

The room smelled a little stale and it was not up to standards in the cleanliness department. The carpet was dirty (wouldn't step on it barefoot) and the bathroom floor or tub was just not scrubbed well enough. The room was dusty. The lakeview? Uh, JOKE. I didn't even get any view because I had windows that were above my eye level (I'm 5'3") and if I wanted to peak out I had to move furniture to get to the window! When I did and got on my tippy toes to see the lake, I couldn't because the windows were so dirty. To illustrate all these issues, I have attached pictures to the review.

The bathroom was small and you can't move the shower head so water went everywhere when I turned the shower on. Good water pressure though. Also, I did like the little coffee maker with Starbucks coffee in the bathroom. But then again, it was in the bathroom.

The room was freezing all the time. If I turned the air off or up, it would get muggy and stale. Also, I couldn't utilize the fresh outside air because A) I couldn't reach to open the window B) even if I could they didn't have screens.

We were in a hurry to get to the wedding so we didn't really complain, I wish I had. We didn't take advantage of room service the next morning, we just checked out and left. To illustrate just how disappointed we were, we had a late checkout until 1 and we were gone by 11am at the latest.

Overall the service was friendly and ok. Nothing exceptional, no one especially noteworthy to remember.

To sum up the review, unless you absolutely must stay in the heart of downtown Celebration, save your money and pass on this hotel. It just doesn't live up to the standards of an Autograph Collection hotel. Marriott corporate would not be pleased.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank DOC2003
Dear DOC2003,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Bohemian Hotel Celebration. We appreciate the time taken to give a thorough and detailed review; it makes follow up on the specific areas in question much easier. We appreciate that you did enjoy the prime location of our hotel; because Celebration is a town known the world over it is a popular spot for tourists. While parking can become very limited in town we do offer valet parking for $19 a night or self parking for $14 a night.
Our lobby is a hub of activity; we are glad you noticed the attention to detail our company has placed in our design and décor. While our lobby front desk is small and open we also have respect for our guests privacy in how we ask for information and how we present information to the guest,
In regards to the room experience, we have rooms that have small windows that face the lake. We have changed the way these rooms are defined in our reservation system and these rooms are no longer categorized under the Lake View Room category. We apologize that this room with a view was disappointing. We are also sorry you had to wait for the fridge instead of having it available already upon your arrival. This is a great teaching moment for the importance our guests place in taking the time to request prior to arrival. We want to show the same courtesy by having these items available.
We do keep our coffeemakers in the bathroom; however they can be brought into the actual room itself should a guest choose to move it. Having the coffeemaker in the bathroom simply allows more space for the coffeemaker and coffee cart along with an easily accessible outlet for every room.
We apologize you had an experience that did not meet your expectations; we completely understand that you were busy but we also want to make sure our guests can feel comfortable speaking to us with compliments or concerns. Our goal is to address the areas we can improve on and make each guests arrival a wonderful one!
Hampstead, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I loved this for business and am trying to go back with my wife for a vacation stay. It's a great community...not tons of night life but I had fun. The decor is new and the rooms are clean and well taken care of.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear douggefreshvt,

We are so glad that your business experience was so positive that you are already planning a return trip with your wife! While our hotel does have a few bars that remain open past 11 within walking distance we are also just minutes from several areas that offer late night entertainment options! Thank you for your compliment regarding the room cleanliness and the décor, we appreciate it! All the best and we look forward to your return!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed for a long weekend the first week of May. We were in Orlando for a Cheerleading Competition at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports.

You cant get much closer to ESPN Wide world of Sports other than staying at Disney. So the location was perfect for our trip.

First time in Celebration and at this hotel. We are Marriott Rewards members so the room we received was an upgrade. The space seemed large with a balcony and king bed. We had lunch twice in the hotel and the food was good but has a limited menu. The only complaint was they seemed short staffed at times. But the check in and service was good. The pool is very nice but small. The sign said usage of 23 people. There is also a hot tub on the opposite end from the pool. There is a nice vibe of a small hotel. Very much in contrast to most of the hotels in Orlando. Would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear jsirwin202,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We are glad you were able to commute quickly to your competition; we are conveniently located just minutes away from the area’s biggest attractions yet our location allows us to give our guests a sense of being “away from it all”! Thank you for pointing out the value from being a Marriott Rewards Member; being a participating hotel in Marriott’s Autograph Collection is a great way for our loyal Marriott customers to accrue and/or redeem points while staying at hotels like ours that give guests a different vibe than most traditional hotels! We are in the process of adding to our staffing to address the issues listed above; we are so happy the check in experience and service were good! We hope the next time your travels bring you to the Orlando area you return to stay with us!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We were just there for a "staycation." We've stayed at the hotel a few times in the past. I have to say the hotel is great, but the location is phenomenal.

The hotel is great with check in and the quality of the hotel. There isn't anything bad I can say. Almost all rooms have a decent view.

The best part is the quiet place with walking distance from a bunch if really great restaurants.

There are walking paths and just great areas to relax and "hang out."

We had appetizers and drinks by the water. I can't wait to come back again. I am visiting their sister hotel in St. Augustine next month. I hope the standards there are as night as they were here.

I highly recommend this location for anyone who wants to relax and enjoy a fantastic area with low stress.

Stayed May 2014
Dear point5,
Thank you so much for choosing the Bohemian Hotel Celebration for your well deserved Staycation! Our hotel has the privilege of welcoming many guests from the Central Florida and we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us! We’re glad to hear you took the time to walk not only to Celebration’s wonderful shopping and dining options but we always love when guests explore the beautiful paths and trails in our town! We know you will love Casa Monica in St. Augustine; it is an absolute gem! Thank you for your continued business with the Kessler Collection and we look forward to your return!
Albany, NY
Reviewed 3 May 2014

First off, let me say that my husband and I loved the location of this hotel and will probably return but....and these are pretty big "buts" - I have to agree with the other reviews that I feel we got extremely cool reception from the person checking us in (as a matter of fact he neglected to tell us about the wi-fi or that because we got a rewards rate we didn't get a continental breakfast which, at the exorbitant prices they charge - $6.00 for a small pot of coffee, should be given to rewards members regardless of discounted rates) we also got a ground floor room at the end of the hall but, being that we got there so late, I didn't want to argue (it seems other Marriott properties always try to give their rewards members upgraded rooms rather than ground floor but...I'm not going to argue that point either) but the breakfast was an absolute joke - I ordered a morning glory muffin and coffee and got two mini muffins about 1 inch round (that could fill a cavity) and this they couldn't give us for free - didn't really feel all 'warm and cuddly' at all at this hotel. The saving grace was the wonderful Valet attendant who was extremely helpful and the fact that this hotel is right in the middle of everything in Celebration. We will return but take our chances at numerous other breakfast places and hopefully staff will be a bit more courteous upon our return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sthomas0616
Dear sthomas0616,
Thank you very much for your review. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic location in Downtown Celebration. We have reached out via Tripadvisor message to obtain more specific information regarding your experience; our goal is to address and correct these issues as soon as possible. We sincerely appreciate the business of our Marriott Rewards members; with our hotel being part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection allows guests to accrue or redeem points during their stay. There is also an option for Marriott Gold and Platinum guests to choose from a “Marriott Rewards Continental Breakfast” or additional points added to their Marriott Rewards Account. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Valet team. Many of them have been with the Hotel for years and love seeing our repeat guests and sharing their knowledge of the area! Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to showing you a wonderful experience upon your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 338 in Orlando
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!