“Great Price, Great Location, Nice Accomodation, Great Service”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I loved this hotel. At $149 a night this was a wonderful hotel. The staff was excellent and helpful. The room with a balcony overlooking the lake was nice for relaxing. It is close to all the local restaurants, bars, and shops. Wonderful walking trails and the lake are just outside the door.

Room Tip: Lake view with a balcony, if available.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gordonlbsmithjr
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear BritChip1,
Thank you so much for your review! During the summer we offer excellent rates for our guests; we are glad you were able to take advantage of this great offer! Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We are glad you were able to enjoy all Celebration has to offer within walking distance; from shopping and dining to miles upon miles of trails and sidewalks throughout scenic Celebration there is so much to do! We hope the next time your travels bring you to the Orlando area you return to visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights and was sorry I booked here. Although probably the only place to stay in Celebration near Disney Orlando, I would have been better off at the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House! Room was adequate at best. One lamp had broken on/off switch so to use it I had to plug and unplug. Main light in bathroom burned out. Lights that were working were dull and not very bright or "enlightening" as I clearly wasn't to have booked here. My friend's room had no pen or paper. My room had a bottle of water $5.00 and a bottle of wine (don't ask). As my friend's room had neither he told the front desk the third time he asked for paper and pen that he did not want to be charged for either item as it would appeared he drank them. When he returned, there was a bottle of wine in his room but, you guessed it, still no paper or pen. Save your money or spend the extra to stay near Disney Parks. Hotel had no shuttle, so a car with driver to park was $65.00 for two and that was each way!!! Big disappointment.!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room as far away from this hotel as possible!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laurance
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Laurance,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that you and your friend had to encounter breaks in service that caused your stay to be an unpleasant one. We have used this review to teach our staff how to avoid issues like these in the future. Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback; whether positive or constructive it allows us the opportunity to continually better ourselves and our property.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Location is first class, staff apart from reception are all lovely and very helpful, Wi-fi - well to be honest it is useless and we are all expected to pay $15 per day for the privilege.

When are hotels of this standard going to accept that Wi-fi is now an essential part of life and should be free or at least lost in the daily rate.

Being charged for a useless wi-fi sticks in the throat.

I would have to think twice before re- booking next year.

Room Tip: If using hotel for business, and you are dependant on wi-fi, pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BryanMcewan
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear BryanMcewan,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you enjoyed our central location and that are staff were of benefit to you! Thank you for your honest evaluation of our Wifi service. Wireless access is becoming one of the most prevalent topics around our industry; the constant upgrading of technology goes hand in hand with our ability to provide an internet service that supports these changes. We do understand its impact to our guests and our hotel is currently evaluating options and upgrades to our service to improve its efficiency. We hope that on your next visit to the Central Florida area you return to see the progress made in this area!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in the Bohemian hotel, because they are associated with the , Marriott chain. The location of this hotel is wonderful, if you wish to be in the heart of everything, in Celebration Florida. Their are lake front rooms, and you are able to walk to all the best shops and restaurants.
Unfortunately the maintenance of the rooms are not all they should be. The room we were unfortunate to occupy. Was so noisy, that it became necessary to change rooms at 1:30 a.m. The plumbing had air in the lines, causing a Very audible alarm type sound. The security person believed, we had set off the smoke alarm, hearing it from down the hall. I do hope the quality of their maintance improves. Other than that our stay would have been just wonderful

Room Tip: lake front rooms will be quieter, and darker at night away from neon lights of the front of the hote...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sydel5

Dear Sydel5,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us in the heart of Celebration! We are minutes away from all the shopping and dining in Celebration; we are glad you had the time to enjoy this during your stay! We apologize for the condition of the plumbing in your room; we have invested greatly in the last few months to update our hotel; from the landscaping to the paint to the rooms itself. This is a work in progress and we are excited with the direction we are moving in!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Celebration Hotel 1 night for a wedding. We are local but wanted a night out and thought it would be fun to stay at a place we have passed hundreds of times.

We should have saved our money and just went home after the wedding.

Location: the location is prime of course. Walking distance to cute shops, restaurants and Starbucks. 10 min drive or less to Disney. Very safe area. Parking? Super scarce, you are going to have to valet for an extra 25.00 per night.

Hotel exterior and lobby: exterior is pleasant to look at and the lobby is very small, cramped but has nice decor and design. The check-in area is a small desk with 2 computers, no privacy really to talk to the host checking you in. Basically, the person next to you and anyone in that vicinity of the lobby knows your business. I did love the fun chandelier and the decor, all the art is for sale. In the lobby area there is also overflow restaurant seating and a full bar. A lot for a small space.

Check-in: before check-in, I had requested a lake view upgrade (understood the additional charge) and a mini-fridge in the room because I had medication I needed to keep cool. We checked in at the appropriate time and the fridge was not in the room and they didn't know anything about it until I mentioned it, I could tell there was a bit if a scramble even though I had confirmed it by email a few days prior. After we got to the room, it took about 10 minutes for the fridge to get there which was fine.

The actual room: Well....ugh.
The room in no way shape or form reflects the decor or theme of hotel. We had a standard king bed room and it was tiny, I mean TINY. My bedroom at home is bigger. I told my husband "I feel like we are at your Mom's house and not in a good way."

The room smelled a little stale and it was not up to standards in the cleanliness department. The carpet was dirty (wouldn't step on it barefoot) and the bathroom floor or tub was just not scrubbed well enough. The room was dusty. The lakeview? Uh, JOKE. I didn't even get any view because I had windows that were above my eye level (I'm 5'3") and if I wanted to peak out I had to move furniture to get to the window! When I did and got on my tippy toes to see the lake, I couldn't because the windows were so dirty. To illustrate all these issues, I have attached pictures to the review.

The bathroom was small and you can't move the shower head so water went everywhere when I turned the shower on. Good water pressure though. Also, I did like the little coffee maker with Starbucks coffee in the bathroom. But then again, it was in the bathroom.

The room was freezing all the time. If I turned the air off or up, it would get muggy and stale. Also, I couldn't utilize the fresh outside air because A) I couldn't reach to open the window B) even if I could they didn't have screens.

We were in a hurry to get to the wedding so we didn't really complain, I wish I had. We didn't take advantage of room service the next morning, we just checked out and left. To illustrate just how disappointed we were, we had a late checkout until 1 and we were gone by 11am at the latest.

Overall the service was friendly and ok. Nothing exceptional, no one especially noteworthy to remember.

To sum up the review, unless you absolutely must stay in the heart of downtown Celebration, save your money and pass on this hotel. It just doesn't live up to the standards of an Autograph Collection hotel. Marriott corporate would not be pleased.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank DOC2003

Dear DOC2003,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Bohemian Hotel Celebration. We appreciate the time taken to give a thorough and detailed review; it makes follow up on the specific areas in question much easier. We appreciate that you did enjoy the prime location of our hotel; because Celebration is a town known the world over it is a popular spot for tourists. While parking can become very limited in town we do offer valet parking for $19 a night or self parking for $14 a night.
Our lobby is a hub of activity; we are glad you noticed the attention to detail our company has placed in our design and décor. While our lobby front desk is small and open we also have respect for our guests privacy in how we ask for information and how we present information to the guest,
In regards to the room experience, we have rooms that have small windows that face the lake. We have changed the way these rooms are defined in our reservation system and these rooms are no longer categorized under the Lake View Room category. We apologize that this room with a view was disappointing. We are also sorry you had to wait for the fridge instead of having it available already upon your arrival. This is a great teaching moment for the importance our guests place in taking the time to request prior to arrival. We want to show the same courtesy by having these items available.
We do keep our coffeemakers in the bathroom; however they can be brought into the actual room itself should a guest choose to move it. Having the coffeemaker in the bathroom simply allows more space for the coffeemaker and coffee cart along with an easily accessible outlet for every room.
We apologize you had an experience that did not meet your expectations; we completely understand that you were busy but we also want to make sure our guests can feel comfortable speaking to us with compliments or concerns. Our goal is to address the areas we can improve on and make each guests arrival a wonderful one!

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I loved this for business and am trying to go back with my wife for a vacation stay. It's a great community...not tons of night life but I had fun. The decor is new and the rooms are clean and well taken care of.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Paul L, Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear douggefreshvt,

We are so glad that your business experience was so positive that you are already planning a return trip with your wife! While our hotel does have a few bars that remain open past 11 within walking distance we are also just minutes from several areas that offer late night entertainment options! Thank you for your compliment regarding the room cleanliness and the décor, we appreciate it! All the best and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed for a long weekend the first week of May. We were in Orlando for a Cheerleading Competition at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports.

You cant get much closer to ESPN Wide world of Sports other than staying at Disney. So the location was perfect for our trip.

First time in Celebration and at this hotel. We are Marriott Rewards members so the room we received was an upgrade. The space seemed large with a balcony and king bed. We had lunch twice in the hotel and the food was good but has a limited menu. The only complaint was they seemed short staffed at times. But the check in and service was good. The pool is very nice but small. The sign said usage of 23 people. There is also a hot tub on the opposite end from the pool. There is a nice vibe of a small hotel. Very much in contrast to most of the hotels in Orlando. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear jsirwin202,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We are glad you were able to commute quickly to your competition; we are conveniently located just minutes away from the area’s biggest attractions yet our location allows us to give our guests a sense of being “away from it all”! Thank you for pointing out the value from being a Marriott Rewards Member; being a participating hotel in Marriott’s Autograph Collection is a great way for our loyal Marriott customers to accrue and/or redeem points while staying at hotels like ours that give guests a different vibe than most traditional hotels! We are in the process of adding to our staffing to address the issues listed above; we are so happy the check in experience and service were good! We hope the next time your travels bring you to the Orlando area you return to stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
1 mi away
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#27 of 340 in Orlando
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!