“Rent privately, know what you are getting before you arrive.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We booked through excellent vacation homes, which was overall a painless experience, just watch the additional tax and resort charges, but still a fantastic deal.
Our unit was clean, with good carpet, good sized room with TWO queen sized beds, 37" (approx) sized well placed TV with HDMI port (bit difficult to access, but okay).
Decent sized fridge (not large, not tiny), a dining table with china for 4, a basin with microwave and percolator. An iron and ironing board and hair dryer round out the room.
Everything worked without issue, the aircon had a wall switch only (on/off).
The singular issue with the room: zero cleaning during our stay. This meant that emptying the rubbish, getting new toilet paper, making the bed, replacing the towels was entirely up to you. If you knew this going in, you can just grab the stuff from housekeeping and handle it, but a big surprise if not known.
Continental breakfast is served every morning from 7-9 Mon-Fri and 6-9 Sat-Sun. It's basic, but functional- bagels, waffles, mini donuts, toast, 4 cereals, coffee, tea, milk (full and 2%), cinnamon scrolls and another pastry. Orange and apple juice, and various spreads are available. The toaster is on the other side of the room- so grab your bagels and then toast.
The pool is good, with loungers and great place to hang out.
Shuttles for magic kingdom depart at 11am and 1220pm and return 8:15pm and 11pm. The park was closing at midnight during the week.
Epcot shuttles run at 9am and 12:20pm, return 9:15pm and 10pm.
Sea world and universal depart at 7:45am only and return at 6:30pm, and 6:45pm respectively.
The hotel has Denny's, Maccers, BK and many others just across the road. Supermarket is a couple of blocks away, public transport is close by.
Shop around for tickets to the parks, 4 or longer Disney days are progressively cheaper, only costing $10 extra per day.
Universal has annual tickets or tickets for 2 or more days on special also.
Kennedy Space Centre has tours if you don't have a car running around $99 per person.
Overall, we had a good experience bearing all of the above in mind. Enjoy Orlando!!

4  Thank Virtual_Mage
Write a ReviewReviews (1,918)

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

In need of a major renovation and cleaning booked with Hotwire and glad I hadn't spent a penny more than $40 for the night
Pool was chipped ,lobbies of the buildings very dark and dirty even in the day , extremely dated from early 80's

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank bakerchic68
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We arrived on 19th July for a two week stay at this property and was greeted by friendly reception staff and an impressive lobby. The receptionist kindly "upgraded" us to a family room nearer the pool which he claimed was better than the room our travel operator booked us in...I wouldn't have liked to have seen the lesser room!

Although reasonably clean, the room was small, in desperate need of redecoration, had very little space to put two weeks worth of clothes with a great lump of an air conditioning unit places smack next to the bed which was very annoying at night. The room had a fridge and microwave, but no eating utensils which rendered the microwave pointless. It was pretty pointless anyway as it didn't work particularly well. The WiFi was also very temperamental.
The pool area was dirty and not seemingly maintained. Another massive disappointment was the lack of a bar. We declined the free buffet so cannot comment on its quality.

On the plus side, the hotel is ideally situated for Disney with a good selection of restaurants in the vicinity, the best in our opinion being Golden Corral (best buffet selection bar none), Uno's (good food, excellent service) and Millers Ale House (excellent food, shocking service).

Would I use the hotel again? I would think about it if it had a massive facelift, but only for a few nights if wanting somewhere to get my head down whilst doing Disney.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank moorky
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for 9 nights. It is very close to Disney World as it seldom took us more than 10 to 15 minutes to get to any of the parks. The outside of the building looks run down but the rooms and lobby are updated. The breakfast was adequate and they did a good job keeping it stocked. We didn't have trouble getting a table any morning. The gentleman who checked us in wasn't exactly rude but definitely came across as at the end of a long shift. I asked about luggage carts and he said they were by the elevator. I looked and there weren't any. He replied that had a lot of check ins that night and that was it- he made no attempt to help me locate one. I ended up finding multiple ones by wandering the halls. The rooms have a mini-fridge with separate freezer that actually keeps things frozen. The pool and hot tub are nice but aren't open as late as some other hotels I've stayed at in the area.

The one thing I would really like to see them better enforce is the parking. They have spots along each side of the building and a large lot in the back that requires a little more walking. The side spots fill up fast. On any given night I would count 10 or more cars that parked along curbs rather then parking in the back. This made it a challenge to back out as they were often blocking people. There was also a large bus that took up 6 spots. The hotel should make more of an effort to get these cars to park in actual spots (there were plenty available) and require any buses or moving trucks to park in the back of the lot.

Overall- you get a great value and a good location. If you are out all day- this is the place you want to sleep. If you like to relax at the hotel- you may prefer someplace with a few more perks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is an absolutely TERRIBLE hotel. I am very optimistic, and mostly write nice reviews for hotels, even if they aren't THAT good. But Baymont Inn just disappointed me SO much. I have no idea why the other reviews say "super" and "I absolutely Love love love this hotel". Tbh--they are probably from the employees. I stayed in August 2014. Let's start with the location, it's nice being so close to Disney, but the hotels around it, and the hotel itself is blinding with party lights and they are all so close together. The Lobby is nice, not BEAUTIFUL, but nice. I came at 3:00 am because I Iive a long way from Florida. The outside looked like a Motel, the lobby was disconnected from the rooms. No one was at the front desk at the time (I know it was 3 but at least have some one at the front desk to check you in or assure safety. Okay, so once you walk out the doors and into the elevator section, you are disgusted. The elevators move like they are haunted, they are all scraped and raggedy, you go inside the elevator and to the floor of your room, it doesn't even have carpet and looks disgusting. The railings are not safe or tall enough (my 3 year old wanted to walk around and almost fell off the railings)! While we were walking I could see through someone's room, and people could see through mine, even with drapes! The bathroom is disgusting and gross, so little and there was hair and dead bugs in there. The sink barely worked, and the tv was so blurry you couldn't even see anything. The air conditioner was so loud that we stayed up for a few hours until we got used to it. The drawers are scrapes, and about to break. The microwave had disgusting leftover food and icky mold. The beds were like a rock, and I was afraid that bed bugs would get my daughter. I can't believe that we even ate the breakfast, it was disgusting and the bread bagels and waffles were so hard that you couldn't eat them. My daughter loves orange juice, but the cups were small and almost made her puke. Did I mention last night that there were mental guys screaming in the lobby? And that there were some drunk beer smelling guys near our room? The locks aren't even secure, I tested it out and even I could get in. I would never recommend this hotel. I hope that you stay far away from this hotel.

3  Thank audrafox
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I know, I know. For $46 on Hotwire (actually about $61 with taxes and $5.09 resort fee), what do you expect?
When we saw the lobby, we thought we struck gold! Very new, spacious, sparkling. But the buildings are disconnected from the lobby and look like they came from the 1800's. It was difficult to find the elevator. The elevator was falling apart and I expected it to break down at any second. One of the elevators was obviously broken: the doors shut and closed multiple times by itself. The hallway is dark and creepy and the paint is peeling. There were drunk men in the hallways....we ran for our lives! The room was somewhat clean, but from view it looks dirty and extremely old. The shower was gross, slightly rusty and dirty and we didn't bother to take one. Shelves were on the verge of falling apart. The locks on the doors DID NOT look like they worked and we didnt feel safe.

The breakfast was free, yes, but practically nothing. A few hard and STALE slices of toast and bagels and some cereal (not a great selection) and fruit. The cups were tiny. Toaster/grill for bread/toast was slow and disappointing. When we asked about sea world tickets, the VERY rude and unpleasant lady told us that we had to attend a "2 hr timeshare presentation" (where they yell at you for two hours to buy real estate) to get 3 tickets to sea world and aquatica for $300... I think not! $65 for sea world per person online, +$20 for aquatica (we had coupon). We told her that was too expensive and she got very rude and snapped at us: "Well you're not going to get a deal like this anywhere!" and constantly gave us dirty looks. The "free" WiFi was completely unable to use as the server was "overloaded". To use their computer it costs $0.30 a minute.

Pro: Cheap, close to Disney, nice front desk
Con: scary room and hallway, terrible breakfast, unfriendly lady at guest services, gross shower. They need to severely renovate their buildings AND rooms.

If you want a place to bunk and don't care about anything else...then the hotel is meant for you. But I DEFINITELY won't stay here again.

1  Thank iloveorlandofl
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is an old holiday inn in a very good location.The rooms are very big and renovated the only problem I found on my stay of 7-30-8-1-14 was minor trash outside the breakfast lobby.The lobby itself is like walking into a full service Hilton or Mariott.The courtyard is beautifull and the pool too.It has 6 floors and you can see the fireworks from disney every night around 9;30-10 pm.I will stay at this hotel again and I urge you too as my fellow travelers with kids.

Room Tip: Higher floors better fireworks view and they only charge $5.00 resort fee where others charge $10-15...