“Not what is advertised! Don't stay here!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Connecticut
“Not what is advertised! Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 15 January 2010

Don't let the photos fool you! The shiny lobby and plasma screen TVs were out shined by dirty rooms, hard beds, run down area, and unsafe conditions. My girlfriend and I took a look around the lobby and noticed the paint peeling just behind the front desk, a loud arcade, and a hotel that was trying to be something it is not! Location is good, and service was friendly. In fact, when we checked out of the hotel... after being there for a total of 10 minutes, the front desk clerk was very understanding and helpful noting that "he understands that we were not happy". How could anyone be happy in this location??!
Simply this hotel was dirty, and unattractive. Don't waste your time or money!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Czech first
Florida
Reviewed 14 January 2010

We booked through Hotwire so we didn't know what hotel we would get. I was a bit concerned when this was the hotel that came up as I had read the reviews here on TripAdvisor. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel room had been renovated. Beds, furniture and TV were nice and the room was clean. It had a refrigerator and a safe and the staff were very nice. For the price, this hotel was very good. We only spent $43 tax and all for one night I(booked on Hotwire). We saw no sign of bugs or anything to complain about. The only advice I would give the hotel is to spend some money repainting and renovating the bathrooms a bit more, work a bit on TV reception and when the hotel is not full (it was def not when we were there) offer guests an upgrade to the Kids Suites.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Portland
Reviewed 13 January 2010

Don't waste your money by staying in this hotel. The photos are just there to deceive you. The front managers have attitude issues. The worst part is their shuttle contract. The shuttle will never come on scheduled time. Sometimes they will leave early or arrive late. At times, we were waiting for 45minutes to a hr in the cold weather. The drivers didn't allow us to sit inside even though he was waiting on other side of the road

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Celebration hotels

Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed 6 January 2010

I would stay here for the hospitality alone. My husband had a medical emergency and had to have the ambulance called on his behalf. The employees were absolutely stellar. They not only provided us with first aid supplies on the spot, but they remained by our side until the ambulance drove away supporting us emotionally. It was a frightening moment and I don't know what I would have done without their support. The next day they were checking on us to make sure everything had turned out OK - which thankfully it had. We were so fortunate to have picked a hotel with such caring employees. Thank you for everything Baymont!!

kentucky
Reviewed 26 December 2009

We arrived late Thursday night to find 1 washcloth and 1 bath towel. I called the front desk to ask for more linens and finally received a few the next morning. EVERY DAY we had to fight with the front desk for wash clothes. We were late for every Disney park as a result of waiting for clean towels/washclothes. This set the tone for the entire trip and it was RUINED. I asked management for a discount on our stay as a result of the mess and was told they didn't give discounts but they said I could change hotels. I had booked the entire package through Travelocity and when I called them, I couldn't understand a word of "English" the customer service rep spoke.This hotel was horrible. A toilet plunger sat by an ice machine for most of our stay, the elevators had blankets on the walls and the place was horribly maintained. While they do have a very nice lobby and 42 inch plasma's in the room, DON'T stay here. If you can afford the Hilton, go there. This place is the WORST example of customer service I've ever witnessed. Motel 6 is a much better choice.

Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 20 December 2009

I can only expand on the great review written by wojo1989 a couple of days ago. This place is a dump. We had issues with cleanliness (dirty bathroom floors, glass ring marks left on table tops, etc.). I wouldn't wash my car with the towels that were provided. Scratchy and flimsy were their good points. Obviously SECURITY is absent here. We had young children running rampant outside our room on the third floor at 4am as well as a dog barking in another room, at a hotel that supposedly does not allow pets. Check-out is 11am, but no one bothered to instruct HOUSEKEEPING about this because at 8:25am they awoke us by banging on our room door to find out if we were leaving yet. When my wife asked them if check-out was not until 11am, they replied "no speaka english" and left. I'm not positive, but I believe that HOMELESS people would refuse to stay at this filthy, tired old building. Unless you've been living in a cardboard box under the expressway for some time, then I cannot recommend this excuse for a hotel.

1 Thank Seairail
Amish Country
Reviewed 19 December 2009

Location
The location of the hotel was great for Disney parks, only a few miles away (7-8 minute drive time to all parks); however, the surrounding restaurants and gift shops made the area look like a trashy flea market with neon lights, odd gift shop buildings and signs everywhere. A McDonalds within walking distance and several other fast food restaurants within a mile. All the local “buffet” type restaurants you could care to try if you are into that sort of thing.

Cleanliness/Facilities/Renovations
Pros: The new, large flat screen TV’s, mini-refrigerator/sink area, and cabinets were nicely done. Great storage so you aren’t tripping over luggage all week. The refrigerator w/ freezer was larger then I expected. Bathrooms were suitable, clean. Nice size pool (see pool comments under Cons).
Cons: The pool is located between buildings and trees and doesn’t get much sun during the day. I imagine in December (70 degree weather) this would make for some cold swimming had we tried.

It appears the hotel is still working on renovations. The elevator was draped with a blanket, men were repainting the building, and there was a lot of clutter (empty plant pots stacked, furniture, etc.) and visible dumpsters around the hotel.

Our room was located on the outer side of the courtyard and next to a busy street. Traffic was VERY loud. I understand location close to the road can’t be helped, but perhaps putting your guests on an inside room when the hotel is obviously no were NEAR to capacity would be wise. My suggestion is suggesting a room facing the courtyard to avoid this.

Breakfast
Pro: It is free. Served 6am-9am
Cons: If you coming to the hotel for the breakfast…don’t. It consists of pre-packaged mini muffins, donuts, and bagels (only 2 varieties of muffins and donuts). They also offer prepackaged waffles and stale white toast. They did have red apples and oranges at the first part of our stay, but ran out of apples. Same for the cereal…it was no longer there by the end of our trip. They had offered Fruit Loops, Raisin Brain, and Special K. They also serve milk, apple juice, orange juice, coffee, and have hot water for tea. Pretty disgusting in general.

Shuttle
The hotel website needs to specify that the shuttle to Disney parks (Epcot/Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom stops only), Sea World, and Universal Studios only comes a few times during the day. The shuttle makes two departures to Disney in the morning near opening hours and one around 11:30am. It only stops at one park each trip. (Which is no big deal since you can then use the free Disney buses to get from park to park.) To return, you must decide if you want to leave around 5pm or stay until the park closes. Again, the shuttle makes one pick-up at Hollywood Studios around 5:20pm and Animal Kingdom around 5:30pm. The next times you can return fall between the 8pm-9pm hours. Additional return trips would be helpful as we found 5ish was too early, but 8-9pm was a little late after a long couple days of visiting parks.

Pros: The early morning staff (stocking the breakfast area) were extremely friendly and courteous. The maid service was prompt. During our final day, we slept in late. The maid knocked and said she would return. We left to shop and returned to our room just 2 hrs later. The maid came during our shopping trip to make up the room. It was great.
Cons: Upon arrival we were given the “sales pitch” at the courtesy desk, encouraging us to purchase discount Disney park tickets and other area attractions. We informed them we had already purchased our discounted Disney tickets and the staff rudely stated “Well you shouldn’t have. Next time do it here and save money”. The next few times of walking through the lobby we continued to be hounded by staff encouraging us to buy tickets and take advantage of their “promotional tour and earn $70…just for listening to a speaker and visiting a hotel”. We learned the best way to avoid being solicited is NOT to make eye contact with the courteously desk staff…but the fact this is necessary is sad.

Fee:
There is a $5 daily service fee in addition to what you pay if booking/paying in advance. This totaled an additional $35 for us. We were told this at check-in and in writing when we booked, but still felt like a final attempt to empty your wallet after only a mildly satisfying experience regards to breakfast, noise, and other discoveries at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Maingate Lakeside Resort
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Comfort Inn Maingate
Comfort Inn Maingate
#27 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!