“very decent hotel for price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed 28 February 2010

I stayed here for a week to visit Disney and Universal. As others have said, the location is great to get to the attractions.

The rooms were clean, great mattress and pillows. Nice kitchen area with coffee maker, fridge, microwave and bar sink. Be aware that there are no plates, cutlery etc. The bathroom was always cleaned and soap, shampoo and conditioner replaced daily. The quality of the towels were hit and miss. Some were soft and fluffy, some scratchy.

Our room faced the courtyard and was quiet. We had a safe in our room, but our friends didn't have one in theirs. There was a pool, but we didn't use it (too cold!). We did use the laundry, it worked great. $2 a load and $2 to dry. Bring your own laundry soap.

Breakfast was fine. Nothing fancy. Toast, waffles, bagels, cereal, muffins, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. Enough to get you through till lunch.

I found customer service here to be above average. I was having an item delivered to the hotel and they were more than accomodating. Any questions we had were answered and addressed in a friendly manner. A special thanks to Mr. Keen and his prompt replies via email!

I would stay here again, especially for the rate we got on Hotwire!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,918)

Reviewed 16 February 2010

I will list the pros and cons of our stay:
PROS:
Near all of the Disney Parks and many restaurants close to the facility
Outside front of building looked fine.
The lone staff member was polite and couteous. I only saw 2 staff during our stay.
The reception area was large and well appointed.
Nice large 2 door fridge and rich dark cabinets in the room.
Queen bed matresses were comfortable.
Size of the room was fine for 3 adults.
Breakfast was plentiful and adequate however the toasters are boat anchors. Heat worked perfectly. Room and carpet was clean upon arrival and cleaned nicely each day.
Vanity area had granite, large mirrors and roomy. Some towels were fluffy but some were old and thread bare.
CONS:
After leaving the reception area........the property goes downhill and is disappointing. In fact, it feels deceptive once you go out the rear door to the REAL place.
Rooms are all exterior with narrow walkways. Doesn't show this in their photos. The outside area looks like an old worn motel. It was very dark in the parking area and on the corridors. Our room was on the 2nd floor all the way to the end # 2225 although I stressed to everyone I spoke with when I booked & upon arrival that my spouse has limited mobility. Our room faced Sherberth Road....A Very BUSY and NOISY street. Constant traffic. Creepy. Toilet would not flush. So we found several plungers next to the ice machine (why there?) and took one to our room. We plunged the toilet every day. Tub and toilet area look run down and needs updating. Ceiling had leaks over the shower. Elevator area had a lot of debris the 4 nights we stayed. Bed mattresses were comfortable but the comforters were horrible! Old pilled up fabric felt like sandpaper. Way past time to throw them away and get something new. Wake up calls came 15 minutes late....use your alarm. Never saw the shuttle, but it could have been there at some time. I had to call 3 times to get directions to the hotel. We were sent on a wild goose chase.

FAIRNESS:
We called to book our stay at another property and was told there was nothing availible on Sat night. A manager there, came on the phone and suggested we book at this sister facility. After some hesitation, I specifically asked the condition of this property. I was told it was "Fine", no problem there. THAT was my first mistake! I can't blame this hotel for what they are. I would not stay there again and I will never again allow anyone to suggest another hotel that is "Fine". This facility is below the average rating in my opinion. I am not angry about any of it, but I would not recomment a stay here unless a feeling of safety and service are not important. I would not stay at this facility if traveling alone.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I was extremely apprehensive about this hotel. After reading some of the reviews I wanted to change hotels. We were using points and therefore the hotel was free. I am use to staying at moderately priced hotels and have stayed on Disney property 5-6 times. I would never stay at this hotel again, but my stay was ok. Here are some of my feelings about the Baymont Inn and Suites on Black Lk Road:

The lobby was very nicely decorated
The front desk personnel were exceptional - very knowledgeable and sharply dressed
The breakfast was adequate
The elevator area was very dirty - would it really take so much time to clean the inside of the elevators and pick up trash left around
The parking area was a little dark and scary
The area surrounding the hotel was touristy but okay
The room itself was not bad. I think the 40 inch flat screen was over kill in such a small room
The sheets did not fit and were impossible to keep on the bed
The large refrigerator was very nice
The carpeting looked new and the air conditioner was new and worked very well
The bathroom was in need of updating. The bathtub looked very disgusting and we went out and bought a cleaning product
The bath mat was mildewy and I could not pick it up to clean under it
The toilet was old but functioned
The area outside our room was very dirty and not kept up. The doors open to the outside and I don't think anyone bothers to clean the walk ways
There is a counter by the front door where you can get information and they will attack you as you come in and out asking if you want to see a time share and get money or free tickets to something - call them off

If you want people to stay here, because the location is good, spent some time cleaning the grounds and the public areas outside of the lobby area. Get some sheets that fit the beds. Put new bath mats in the tubs and replace them when they get worn. Have someone in a management position evaluate the grounds every day and see what everything looks like. An empty plastic bottle lay on the cement for four days and no cleaning staff ever picked it up. If you do stay here, ask for a courtyard view and stay on a higher floor. I will personally never stay here again but it really wasn't bad.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RustyGuyMichigan
Reviewed 13 February 2010

Nice room, comfortable beds, well appointed bathroom. Mini-Kitchen is handy. Close to Disney World. Free breakfast has many items that appeal to children. I do not understand the previous poor reviews. They do not describe this nice motel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank MTColeman
Reviewed 7 February 2010

I just came back from a 6 day stay at the Baymont hotel. The lobby and staff are excellent. The rooms are nice and comfortable. Housekeeping did there job daily and never had an issue. The location was great and we walked the area several times and felt very safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flbeachbum03
Reviewed 25 January 2010

After reading the reviews on this site, I was rather concerned as to what to expect. I can't understand all of the negativity. The lobby was very nice, and quiet. The courtyard garden was very pleasant, the room was spacious and clean, the staff was friendly, and the pool area was well kept. I've traveled extensively for many years and this hotel is a wonderful bargain for the price. The room was made up every day and we never had a shortage of towels. With this trip, I have been to Orlando/Disney about 60 times and I've stayed all around the area in hotels of all price levels. As long as the price and quality of the Baymont Inn remains the same, I will definitely be staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BEEBOYPA
Reviewed 15 January 2010

My daughter & I made reservations at this property even though I had read mixed reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby was large, well appointed and the front desk person was professional, friendly and efficient. I had to wait while she helped another person, but that is not unusual. The entry to the rooms are outside and it was cold & wet and we were given the end room - still not an issue - the weather isn't their fault. The room was large, clean and well appointed. We had the correct amount of towels and amenities. I surprised to see a refigerator with freezer, microwave and coffee maker. The breakfast was carb heavy but with a varied selection. It was plenty for us. I am a travel agent and I have been staying at a variety of properties so that I could honestly recommend properties to my clients. I'm not sure what some peple expect. It wasn't a 4 star resort but the room was larger than some I've been in. The mini-kitchen was a plus. I did not use the shuttle because I wanted to be on my own time schedule. If you add the $14 Disney charges to park to the cost of the room, then subract the cost of breakfast for 2 (even at McDonald's value menu) - This was definitely a great value for the price.
I will be booking clients into this property in March and I will stay at this property again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank suzitravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Seralago Hotel and Suites
Seralago Hotel and Suites
#98 of 155 in Kissimmee
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!