“Good overall visit”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chipley
Athens, Georgia
“Good overall visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I've stayed here before because I like the Comfort Inn name and the rooms, price and service have never disappointed me. Also, I come to Chipley every year for a family reunion and several of my family members stay here. However, this particular time, I had a very difficult time getting cell phone service even though I have a phone from a national carrier (AT&T). I asked the front desk clerk if she knew of anyone else having trouble getting a signal. She told me that AT&T did not have a tower in Chipley. She made several recommendations: I could go up to the 3rd floor to see if I could get a better signal, I could go out by the street or drive around to try to get a signal. This was a little frustrating but I was impressed that she did try to help and was very polite.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Akhil B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley, responded to this review, 14 September 2014

850-415-1111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This property is well maintained as Comfort Inns uttsually are. The night shift was very helpfull
in getting a room on the 1st floor near the desk and eating area. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was good as was the room price.
If you are heading east or west on I-10 and it is dark be watchfull or you will miss the exit and go about two miles and make a U turn.

Room Tip: Really does not make a difference
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Cedar City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Good hotel for the money and comfortable, clean. Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

This is a hotel that I stayed at frequently over the last few years. The last few stays have convinced me to search for other accomodations along this route. The wireless which was adequate in the past, is now so slow as to be unusable (forget VPN-can't stay connected). The breakfast was always suspect, as continental breakfasts usually are, but even that has declined in quality and variety. The desk staff is more interested in watching tv on the computer than assisting. Maybe that explains why there is no bandwidth.... At any rate, there are better alternatives 20 miles east.

• Stayed January 2012

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Just off the I-10 and there are few fast-food restaurants nearby. Okay for a quick stop-over. Do not expect the ambience of a typical Comfort Inn because the hotel is a bit older. Our room was large and bed was comfortable. However, we were put off by the food crumbs and rubbish on the sofa mattress and under the sofa itself. Breakfast was standard with free parking and wifi.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

We had two king rooms. The room smelled good when we walked in, bathroom was clean. The beds were Serta pillow top and very comfortable. We were right next to an elevator-didn't even hear it. Breakfast- waffles, scrambled and boiled eggs, and the usual cereals, pastries, yoghurt, etc.

• Stayed December 2011

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I had to make an emergency drive across Florida recently and stayed again at this hotel that's about five years old. Stopping nearly at midnight, the hotel was totally lit up and I
parked my car full of many possessions in the parking lot. I had called ahead to verify
availability and the inn manager greeted me by name. This town is a tad off the beaten track
but has several hotels, gas stations, shops and fast food restaurants. Earlier in the year, my husband and I checked in earlier in the day and had a chance to even explore the Falling Waters Park south of the hotel on the other side of I-10 which is a delightful walk in the shade
of tall trees on a hot summer day. Waffles are good at the complimentary breakfast too.

Room Tip: Pool in the summer is nice and Burger King within walking distance for a late snack.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Sophie_Houston

850-415-1111

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipley
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna
Days Inn Marianna
Days Inn Marianna
#5 of 12 in Marianna

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley? Share your experiences!