“Forget Your Mickey Ears For A Day”

AirBoat Rides at Midway
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Christmas
More attraction details
Owner description: Open daily at 9am - Experience the beauty of the "Florida Outback" while gliding across the legendary St.John's River marshes. See Florida alligators, American Bald Eagles, and more on your Central Florida Everglades Wildlife AirBoat adventure. Our custom-designed, US Coast Guard certified airboat fleet features elevated seating for excellent viewing opportunities and voice-activated headsets for effortless 2-way communication with your guide, a certified USCG Master Captain.While you wait to depart, check out our Gift shop, reptile, exotic bird and honeybee colony exhibits. Hold our baby gator after your ride. "PorkChop the Pig" may greet you at the door! 45 minutes or less from all major attractions.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Forget Your Mickey Ears For A Day”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

When family and friends come, I always enjoy taking them on excursions where they can see Florida. Raw, real and unspoiled. This airboat company will provide that experience for you. It's beautiful to glide across the water and marshy land, seeing the huge number of birds and gators in their natural, untouched, unspoiled habitat. Mother earth. It's a great trip for kids as well. The guides take time to tell you about the wildlife, the mounds made by Native Americans (where they would go when the land flooded), the history. So step away from the high dollar tourist traps and step into nature for a day. If you want a beautiful ride, beautiful pictures, amazing view....take a ride with Midway.

Visited August 2014

Titusville, Florida
“Airboat Rides at Midway”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I drive by Airboat Rides at Midway everyday to and from work. It has always been on my bucket list but I just never got around to it. Last weekend my wife, two sons, and myself decided to go. It was AWESOME! The staff was great, the boats are really cool, and there is nothing like cruising the Saint Johns River like this. I am a native Floridian and I have never seen so many gators. My wife, who was very reluctant to go, had the best time and is ready to go again. Do yourself a favor and visit AirBoat Rides at Midway.
www.centralfloridafunguide.com

Visited August 2014
Fulton, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We did the AirBoat ride as part of an excursion while cruising on Royal Carribean's Grandeur of the Seas. We arrived around midday, and got off to a bit of a bumpy start in that our daughter's headset, as well as my own, were not working. We didn't realize this until we were already out on the water, but as soon as he heard this, the driver took care of it. He was very informative, and really took care to point out interesting facts about the area. Additionally, at the end of the ride we were able to hold a juvenile alligator and learn more about them. I would recommend this for anyone!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank SLH_102011
Winter Haven, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing & Knowledgeable”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was my 2nd trip with them. We loved the July 2013 trip so much that we went again when my parents came to visit from the UK. The Captains are always informative and knowledgeable. They keep things entertaining as well as being considerate of the ecology of FL. The office/Shop staff were informative when we called to book and the online booking is easy too. Definitely worth the cost. Even my 13 yr old was thrilled.
Would highly recommend it to locals and visitors to the State or US. I will definitely go back.

Visited December 2013
Beckley, West Virginia
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“"Best part of the Trip"”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Found online in a search and tried it out. My 10 year old said it was the best part of our week trip to the area. The guide was knowledgeable and took interest in the kids showing them all the things that could be found. Left the impression upon them about what Florida could have looked like without Disney. Perfect reminder in a beautiful area.

Visited July 2014
MidwayAirboats, Owner at AirBoat Rides at Midway, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We really appreciate the feedback and very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here. Hope to see you again. And yes, all of Florida used to look like this.

Been to AirBoat Rides at Midway? Share your experiences!