“Storms - Not a Problem”

AirBoat Rides at Midway
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Christmas
More attraction details
Owner description: Open daily at 9am - Experience the beauty of the "Florida Outback" while gliding across the legendary St.John's River marshes. See Florida alligators, American Bald Eagles, and more on your Central Florida Everglades Wildlife AirBoat adventure. Our custom-designed, US Coast Guard certified airboat fleet features elevated seating for excellent viewing opportunities and voice-activated headsets for effortless 2-way communication with your guide, a certified USCG Master Captain.While you wait to depart, check out our Gift shop, reptile, exotic bird and honeybee colony exhibits. Hold our baby gator after your ride. "PorkChop the Pig" may greet you at the door! 45 minutes or less from all major attractions.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Lawrence, Kansas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Storms - Not a Problem”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was my 2nd ride with this company. On our last ride the weather was looking bad, but we were assured that we would still get to go on our ride. Half way into it, rain started coming down and lightening and thunder were very close. Our guide did a great job reassuring us that we would be okay and got us under cover. Even though we did have to wait out the storm for about 30 minutes, the ride was still awesome. We saw many birds and about half a dozen alligators. I would definitely recommend this company if you want to have a high quality Florida airboat ride.

Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not really a good summer attraction”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spent over $80 on this today for just two of us, and after driving all the way from Daytona it was a huge let-down because they wait until they have your money and are on the boat before they tell you that the gators are out moving about in the winter time here. Apparently it's just too hot in the top-level of water for the alligators to surface; and, that they remain on the bottom in the cooler water during the day this time of year. Boooooooo! Should have demanded at least rain checks for cooler weather. Grrrrrrr!

On a more positive note, we did get to observe many interesting birds in their natural habitat, as well as wild cows and horses! Also, our boat captain was AWESOME. On the down sound, the owner, an older guy, was not very friendly a couple of times we interacted and his daughter was appalled with me for asking for a discount on an item that was suppose to be combined for discount with a different item. Can you say awkward???

All in all, is was a good attraction because the boat ride itself was entertaining......but I still believe the website is very misleading and feel hoodoo-ed because because no gators were to be found today!! #majorlydisappointed

2 Thank Sherrie M
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Forget Your Mickey Ears For A Day”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

When family and friends come, I always enjoy taking them on excursions where they can see Florida. Raw, real and unspoiled. This airboat company will provide that experience for you. It's beautiful to glide across the water and marshy land, seeing the huge number of birds and gators in their natural, untouched, unspoiled habitat. Mother earth. It's a great trip for kids as well. The guides take time to tell you about the wildlife, the mounds made by Native Americans (where they would go when the land flooded), the history. So step away from the high dollar tourist traps and step into nature for a day. If you want a beautiful ride, beautiful pictures, amazing view....take a ride with Midway.

Titusville, Florida
“Airboat Rides at Midway”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I drive by Airboat Rides at Midway everyday to and from work. It has always been on my bucket list but I just never got around to it. Last weekend my wife, two sons, and myself decided to go. It was AWESOME! The staff was great, the boats are really cool, and there is nothing like cruising the Saint Johns River like this. I am a native Floridian and I have never seen so many gators. My wife, who was very reluctant to go, had the best time and is ready to go again. Do yourself a favor and visit AirBoat Rides at Midway.
www.centralfloridafunguide.com

Fulton, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We did the AirBoat ride as part of an excursion while cruising on Royal Carribean's Grandeur of the Seas. We arrived around midday, and got off to a bit of a bumpy start in that our daughter's headset, as well as my own, were not working. We didn't realize this until we were already out on the water, but as soon as he heard this, the driver took care of it. He was very informative, and really took care to point out interesting facts about the area. Additionally, at the end of the ride we were able to hold a juvenile alligator and learn more about them. I would recommend this for anyone!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank SLH_102011

Been to AirBoat Rides at Midway? Share your experiences!