“Another "BEST" ride I've ever taken”

Saint Johns River Airboat Tour
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Christmas
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a lifetime memory adventure on the St Johns River with Captain Mike with St Johns River Airboat Tours in Christmas, Florida. Glide on land and water to view the natural surroundings of the St Johns River.
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

After feeling like I was bothering somebody at Midway air boat rides for just wanting to take a ride, I went and got my wife and said let's go to St.John's River Air boat Tours, and they were the nicest most professional people I'd ever met,not to mention the absolute BEST air boat ride we have ever done, and we've done a bunch, I told captain Mike what I had experienced at Midway and were sad to end the ride with him, so Captain Mike took us again "FREE". can't say enough about that, Believe me, if you're out for the best time of your life, DON'T PASS THIS ONE UP.

1  Thank Bob S
Denise A, Owner at Saint Johns River Airboat Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Hello Bob, I am catching on on my response, excuse the length of time. I guess I had not heard about the whole situation you experienced prior to calling us. We do believe in the southern hospitality and regret you prior experience.and that you were able to end your day on a positive note. Also taking the time to write a great review for us. We hope to see you again. Thank You

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"incredible experience"
"access areas"
in 2 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"boat ramp"
"personal experience"
"real florida"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This was absolutely great! Chelsea was very informed and handled the boat expertly. I really enjoyed the smaller boat for a more personal experience. We went in June so the gators were as prevalent as in colder months but we still spotted several. The Cypress Grove was beautiful. Water was breathtakingly clear and smooth and the scent so fresh and clean. I will be back in February and plan to book with Chelsea again for more gator sightings!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

If you're visiting from the UK, and you've never done an Airboat tour before, but it's always been on your dream list of "must do" things, (or maybe you've done one before but been a bit disappointed) then let me wholeheartedly recommend this one to you. I promise you that it is the tour you have been dreaming about. Yes, there are many other tours available, (and I have done them), but this one is far far better. Why? Well first off you are on proper airboat with a great elevated viewing position. It's a smaller boat so it can, and it does, access areas that larger tours can't. Secondly, this is a personal tour by an extremely knowledgeable local guide, which makes it unique. Check out their website. Rest assured that booking is very easy and these are lovely people to deal with. Trust me, this IS the airboat tour that you have been dreaming about an it WILL meet, if not surpass, your expectations (just read the other reviews on here). This is the second time we have been with them and it will not be the last.

1  Thank Brian E
Denise A, Owner at Saint Johns River Airboat Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Brian, thank you for taking the time for your review. It really makes Mike feel good that he was able to show you and the family his passion of the river and that y'all enjoyed it so much. We differently look forward to seeing y'all again. thanks again for a great review

Denny

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great time on this tour. Denny was so accommodating with weather changes and keeping us updated to moving our time back so we could do this tour. Capt. Mike's knowledge of the river was from growing up there with his family. If you want to see the Saint Johns river and a whole lot of gators, birds and we even saw deer, this is the tour for you. Thoroughly enjoyed this and will be back again. Thank you Captain Mike and Denny for a wonderful late afternoon airboat experience.
Kendall, Terri, and Lisa

Morning Kendall, Terri and Lisa, we did not mind making any changes for the tour. In Florida we never know about the showers so if we can we will change the times. We thank you for being understanding also. Mike and I were glad y'all enjoyed the Eco Tour and history of our area. Thank you for taking time to write such a great review. Hope we see you in the future.
Denny

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Captain Mike gave us a great tour of Saint Johns River with lots of history and details. On our way out we spotted a calf wadding in the water. 80 mins later we saw that the calf was still standing there and we thought stuck in the mud. Captain Mike went into the river knee deep to rescue the calf.
As for the alligators, we saw tons and enjoyed the comfortable ride with the wind through our hair and great knowledge and personality of Captain Mike. Great adventure and highly recommend this to anyone who wants to see the REAL Florida.

1  Thank Debra T
Denise A, Owner at Saint Johns River Airboat Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Morning Debra, Mike and I wanted to thank you for your comments and that your tour was not only full of the sights on the St Johns River but that Mike was able to help y'all with bing informative about our wildlife, swamp, even the cattle. Yes it is an experience most people are not aware of.