“must dine if visiting clearwater beach”

Caretta on the Gulf
Reserve with OpenTable
Caretta on the Gulf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 721 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Baymont Street
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is located in the Sandpearl Resort. The view is breathtaking and ambiance is upscale. Food is decorated and presented wonderfully. I had the cauliflower bisque - king crab and caviar soup sounded good, but was not as great as I expected. The Lady Moon Butter Lettuce Salad is made so beautifully that you almost feel bad eating it. Filet and Naked Bird Chicken are both standard items, but cooked and seasoned well. Vanilla Bean Brulee is best I've had in Clearwater yet.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Called and left message about making reservations. Didn't answer and never returned my call. Decided to just show up. Slow Sunday evening. Taking my sister and daughter for daughters 17th b-day. Asked to be seated outside and asked what menu, again celebrating a birthday and wanting a nice meal. We chose the nicer menu option. That's where everything went south, after looking at the menu my daughter asked to look at other menu. Our waiter said I don't think we can do that seated in this section. He said the table right across from us is in that section. We said fine we would move tables. He calls his manager over to deal with this huge issue. 10 minutes later the manager comes over and says we can stay. So know its 15 minutes later still haven't received our drinks or other menu for my daughter. Others have came received their drinks and ordered their food. After feeling like the biggest piece of white trash for asking for a separate menu we chose to leave. We have stayed at Sandpearl and eaten at Carreta's before. Never again.

2  Thank IAduckhunter
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stopped by for lunch. Had the C-Burger and the Steak Blue Cheese Salad. Excellent quality and presentation food. Lance was our server and went over the top. The view is to die for, and the food and service will send you all the way to heaven. Only place to stop for lunch on Clearwater Beach.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I never really expect too much from most hotel restaurants, but I was more than pleasantly surprised by this gulf-front gem, located within the Sandpearl Resort. As one of the few restaurants on the beach, the view alone earns it at least a few stars. Let me premise this review by saying that we ate here several times in one trip, over the course of a few days. We also sampled items from each of the menus: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Service was very good each time: Our servers were friendly, attentive, and knowledgable about the menu. For dinner, we ate light and shared the oysters BLT and the surf and turf sushi. These appetizers were delicious - both in the visual appeal and the taste. The surf and turf was a unique take on lobster and filet. The fried oysters on the half shell were light and crunchy on the outside, while creamy and tender on the inside and with just the right amount of brininess. It was a tough decision as to what to order as the menu was varied and full of tempting delights. We left with happy tummies and a strong desire to return. This place is a must for any visitor to the Clearwater area. As a bonus, they also offer outdoor dining, but sadly it was too cold on our visit. Definitely next time!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Fantastic meal, again. I had and elk loin chop and my wife had braised beef short rib, both were amazing. Oysters and a roasted beet salad were perfect too. Food and service were both perfect from start to finish. I'm a little upset about our seat assignment though. My wife and I were married at the Sandpearl a year ago and we were celebrating her birthday. Via Open Table I requested a seat on the window for sunset. I also requested when they called for confirmation. They knew who we were. I'm not better than anyone else but really, spending $20k on a wedding and celebrating a birthday etc. can't get me a choice table? I work at another high end hotel in the area, managing restaurants actually, it's an easy request. It wasn't even for me, it was for her. There were empty tables on the window and we were seated behind a section of wall so nothing was seen. I know it sounds petty but I wanted to make her birthday the best, so I chose a place that would make her feel special. Fail.