“Great Food”

Caretta on the Gulf
Reserve with OpenTable
Caretta on the Gulf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 691 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Baymont Street
hopkinsville
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The food at Caretta is very good. Had the colorado lamb. Wow, so good. Hubby had the new york strip. Great flavor. If you are in Clearwater you must visit Caretta. Breakfast is very good also.

Chicago, IL USA
“Great breakfast buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

kids eat free, great fresh made omelets, amazing views. The staff is also wonderful, fresh fruit juices, bagels, yogurt, fruit and the best cheesy potatoes ever!

Massachusettes
“Amazing Mother's Day brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

A special thank you to Debi Pagan the Restaurant Manager! The food selection was amazing! The service was spectacular!

Clearwater, Florida
“Not as good as previous visit!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Husband and I love this buffet/holiday Restaurant and at Christmas it was superb. So...we decided to visit at Easter with my daughter visiting on Navy Leave. At Christmas the meat was carved at stations and was cooked to perfection and served on your plate. This time there were NO CARVING STATIONS. I inquired about the lamb and filet, a chef graciously pointed me to the covered tureens in the adjacent room. The heat from these tureens being covered had overcooked EVERYTHING. The filet mignon tasted steamed and all well done, the duck had become tough. The lamb, seeing it had been carved rare, was still edible - yet practically tasteless. Their tureen managerie of spring veggies was wilted and tossed together. Of course their garlic mashed potatoes were always hot and ample - for those who enjoy garlic in their mash - excluding myself.

I was also disappointed in the dessert section - two cakes and a lot of fudge and easter cookies for the kiddies. We had made reservations in December for Mother's Day this Sunday, but think another choice is in order. I sincerely hope they go back to the carving stations and not pre-cutting all meats beforehand. Also did not appreciate paying $13 for a mixed drink and having a $42.00 tip added to my bill for 3 people, seeing it was mainly self-service. Forty-Two Dollars, really? When we had 3 different waitresses just picking up our plates.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RhodyGal
JPNewport, Director of Food & Beverage at Caretta on the Gulf, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

My name is Jonathan Pelletier and I am the Director of Food & Beverage for Sandpearl Resort. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent dining experience with us at Caretta on the Gulf.
In your review you mentioned a couple of your concerns that are particularly concerning to me as I was here all day on Easter and do not have the same recollections as you. I am wondering if you are reviewing the correct restaurant? You are correct, we did not have one carving station but FOUR carving stations on our Easter Buffet carving lamb, prime rib, turkey and ham. I also had an army of people here constantly replenishing the buffets so the food was always hot and fresh. I have actually not met a guest who did not love our garlic mashed potatoes so that will always be a staple at our holiday buffets. The reason you had three different severs at your table clearing your plates and replenishing your silverware was so that you can experience the best possible service and not meant as troublesome for you. Alas, we certainly fell short of your expectations and for this I truly apologize.

I will speak with our Restaurant Manager as well as our Executive Chef regarding the comments on the quality of food as well the follow up and recovery that apparently did not occur. This is normally something that we pride ourselves in.

I would love it if you would contact me personally here at the Resort if you return to this Resort again, as I see you are from Clearwater, so that I may introduce myself. If you would like to speak me personally regarding your dining experience, please feel free to contact my directly at the resort.

I want to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention, without me knowing something like this occurred in the restaurant; I would not have the opportunity to improve.

Regards,
Jonathan Pelletier
Director of Food & Beverage
Belize City, Belize, Belize
“Easter Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went to Caretta's for Easter Brunch. Glad we did. The food was very good. Sushi, seafood along with the traditional. I would go back.

Visited April 2014