“Great Time”

Ranked #83 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Mulberry, Florida
“Great Time”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We have been coming here for the past 3 months missing only one weekend because a family member was sick. We just brought our boat over this past week and used the dock there. We have booked a room for 8 day's now. Tim and his staff go out of the way to make your visit great. They helped us dock, give us use of parking a long trailer. They are remoldeling rooms and are doing a great job. You are only steps away from the pier and beach and when done you can come back and relax in the pool. We look forward to going eve weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mitch389

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My partner and I wanted somewhere to stay for one night in Clearwater and booked via internet. I was sorely disappointed on arrival and if i hadn't already paid online i would have found an alternative place to stay. It was depressing and in need of a lot of tlc, Could be a lovely place but the pool was grimy and everything seemed worn. The guy working there was pleasant enough and gave us a free upgrade to a suite. The rooms were cool and clean but need redecorating. There was a coffee maker but no coffee and to be honest i probably wouldn't have used it due to it not being as clean as it could be. Shower gel and shampoo were provided and some towels but the hot water seemed to go cold during showering on occasion. Cost was $103 for the night inc taxes. The next day we drove to St Petes and paid $98 for a best western hotel which in comparison was 5 star! I think if some work was done on the place it would be a little goldmine as its a great location for the beach and local restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This was my first time staying here (room 10). Check-in was a breeze. Owner couldn't have been nicer. Location was great. We were able to park the car and walk everywhere. The pool was warm but had a film of something on top of the water. The room was very spacious and clean except for the kitchen floor which looked dirty. There is a kitchenette but there was not one single pot or pan. There was 1 knife and 2 spoons. No forks. I had brought grilling utensils but could not find a grill. My attempts to save some money not eating out were shot as I could not cook with no kitchenware and ended up at Cooters. Good food but not cheap. There are no curtains on the windows, only miniblinds. The room was very bright even at midnight with the outside lights and the spot lights shining from Frenchys next door. They said there is WiFi but I never got a signal with my laptop or phone. Had to log on via a Brighthouse link. Won't work for someone not already on their network. The maintenance issues continued with 2 door knobs falling off leading into the bathroom. Lastly, the A/C unit is level with the mattress sending most of the cool air downward instead of up into the room. This resulted in the room staying very uncomfortable until late in the evening. This place has such potential. All it would take is some minimal upkeep and a little money thrown into it. If you are going to advertise a kitchenette, have one that is functional. It you advertise Wifi, have it working. I hope this review does not deter buisness from here because it is a nice place. I just hope it educates people what to expect and not come unprepared like I did.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Haines City, Florida, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My 2 sisters and myself stayed here in early May. We couldn't have picked a worse place. The pictures are VERY deceiving. The motel does not look like the pictures at all anymore. There were no towels, soap, shampoo/conditioner provided and no phone in the room to request these items. The water in the shower changed from scolding hot to ice cold on its own, the toilet barely flushed, the AC on full blast kept the room above a comfortable temperature, and the pool (more like a huge bird bath) was a light shade of green. There is no parking lot; we drove 2 cars and I had to pay to park across the street. The only good thing about the room: I saw no roaches. Needless to say, I would not stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I have been going to the Traveler for several years. Place was deteriorating under last management and I was very disappointed. Now Tim and his energizer wife Brandi are taking care of the place and improvements are evident. Fine people with a solid plan to bring the place back to snuff. Looking forward to my visit next year to see the results of all their hard work. Fine people and a pleasure to have been there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Heather W
Sarver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 April 2012

OMG!!!! When I pulled up to the place I was thinking not to bad for the price but when I entered the office I found it pretty deplorable .... All tho the owner / manager or whoever was very nice he says to me as he's taking me to my room "It's not the Taj Mahal or anything. I should have backed out at that moment but I didn't. The room was old and smelled that way -- the carpet made our feet black just from walking from the bathroom to the bed which is a very small distance -- the water smelled like onions --- the toilet seat was for an oval shaped toilet but it was round -- it was also not attached. Found a roach crawling up the bathroom wall & one on the nightstand. The pool looked clean but was constantly full of birds -- The best part of the stay was the owners / managers they were both very friendly and both very nice -- and the location was awesome literately a 3 min walk to the beach & right beside an good place to eat --

Room Tip: I would not if I were you
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have been coming to the Traveler since 2004 and the new Management have really got the place in excellent shape.Refurbished rooms clean and tidy. The location is great for the beach, marina and lots of resturants all within walking distance. I can understand some of the disappointed customers as under previous management the place has not always been kept up to scratch. However even then it did not stop us coming back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple