“Food Gets 5* In My Opinion”

Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza
Ranked #2 of 695 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Food Gets 5* In My Opinion”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We went to Disneyworld and wanted a quick getaway from all the theme parks for a day and Clearwater beach provided it. Once we knew we were going there we search for the best restaurants in the area. A few came up, particularly seafood, however, when we came across Christino's we were very intrigued by it.

Once there we order Bruschetta and calamari for starters, both were simple yet very tasty. My son order a pizza with pepperoni and that came out before our entrees so we all tried it. Man that was some good pizza! After tasting my son's pizza I figured I should've order me a pizza as well, after all it is Christino's Coal Oven Pizza. Nevertheless, our entrees came out (Veal Milanaise, Chicken Parmigian, and Spaghetti Carbonara) and as hard as it was to believe we all enjoyed our entrees as much or even more than that delicious pizza.

All tastebuds were immensely happy to delight upon such flavours. Veal Milanaise was very light and soft, the Carbonara was a little heavy, but very tasteful, and the Parmigiana was, in my wife's word, "very good" also. As far as food goes I would give it a 5 star rating. Only drawbacks were service efficiency. They were friendly and polite just forgot which table order what in more than a few occasions. Dessert could also be better to come to the par of food. It was good, better than average, however, after amazing food one would expect more fo dessert.

1 Thank serrano e

Saint Petersburg
“Wasn't impressed”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I was so disappointed when I ate at this restaurant. At the time it was rated #1 so I had high expectations. The pizza was just ok nothing to memorable. I don't think I will be returning anytime soon.

• Visited March 2013
clearwater, fl
“Best pizza around”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We're locals and eat here all the time. Best pizza around. The crust is amazing and the service is great. Can't ask for nicer people or better food. Nice outdoor seating area as well that is small-dog friendly if they're well behaved.

Clearwater, Florida
“Best Pizza”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Cristino's consistently serves up the most delicious coal oven pizza in town. We've never gone wrong with a meal at the place. The Margherita pizza is the best, sometimes with added toppings, makes it that much better. Salads are also excellent. The pizza is so good, we've never eaten any of their main courses! Lunch service is quick, good for a workday meal, dinnertime is usually surprisingly packed. Everybody knows how great the food is!! Their outdoor patio is covered, enclosed and small dog friendly. The gelato samples after the meal are always enticing... every so often we get a cup and it is beyond delicious!

2 Thank CAK314
north rustico pe canada
“THAT'S ITALIAN!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

When our friends happened upon Cristino's, they felt they were still on vacation in Itay. Of course they had to take us there for the pizza and we were not disappointed. We ordered two large pizzas and the flavour was excellent. Better yet....we had a couple of slices leftover and the next day, they were delicious cold. The service was very good...even though it was quite busy. As stated, Cristino's is a small place and very popular with locals and tourists alike but it certainly is worth the wait. It does get quite busy. The meal was not overly priced for what we had, which included, ending our meal with ...... of course, gelato.

1 Thank doodiegirl