“Best Coconut Crusted Grouper”

Rumba Island Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 732 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Yummy - atmosphere not the greatest but the grouper was amazing! We enjoyed the food as we ate a late dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had dinner there last night and as usual we had an great time. We started with the fish spread and tuna appetizers which were excellent. My wife had the butterflied shrimp and my son and I had the Monk fish specials. Large portions and very inexpensive. Add to that the two for one drinks and the $3.00 wines and it's hard to beat. This is always a great place for casual seafood and a good happy hour.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was by far the favorite of mine and my wife's on our honeymoon to Tampa this year. The atmosphere is incredible. We ate there for dinner and they just left all the windows and doors open so while the sun was setting we got an incredible view and the effect it had on the lighting inside was amazing. The food was spectacular. There's not a dish on their menu that I wasn't dying to try. Everything sounded amazing, and the food I did order tasted even better than I was expecting it to. Great restaurant! My wife and I have talked about visiting Clearwater each year simply to be able to eat here again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Clean, attractive indoor or outdoor seating. Outdoor seating has big fans going. Staff very sociable. We had lunch, pasta & seafood (shrimp, mussels, fish), excellent! Son had an Island Shrimp Bowl, coconut, cream, rice, shrimp dish, excellent. Drinks were 2'fers all day! Food prep is amazing, and we were intrigued by the small colorful cuts of fruit in our dishes which add to the presentation and flavor of each island dish. Small corn muffins were brought to our table, salad, then our meal, delicious! Loved the great flavors! We plan on going back!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stopped in here after a day at the beach, we got our order to go because we were all sandy and kinda dirty from the being at the beach. I got the grouper and the husband got the Mahi Mahi. We also ordered some coconut shrimp and some tuna ahi as appetizers. Upon arrival to pick it up we were greeted by a friendly host and escorted to the take away area. The waitress was wonderful! She double checked my order and made sure we had all the correct sauces to go with the shrimp and Ahi,. She even stuck in some of the complimentary corn muffins that you get at your table when you go in to sit down and eat. We are busy people and we get take away quite a bit and that little extra effort to double check things and ensure you receive all the sauces and such is a really nice touch. We got home and every thing was packed so well the food was nice and hot and we didn't have to do a thing to it but sit down and eat. And all of it was really good! The fish is nice and fresh and you can tell. The coconut shrimp was outstanding! Usually restaurants tend to over cook this item and it's too brown or too chewy. Not this time, our shrimp was perfectly golden brown and so tender my son could bite into it with out any issues. We were so happy with our meal that we went back again a week later and this time we ate inside. Same great service, same great food. This place is awesome and we will be going back again and again. In addition there is a satellite location on Tampa road in Oldsmar, As luck would have it, that one is right around the corner from my sister's house. I'm sure we will be frequenting that location as well. Just plain good food and service with a fair price. What's not to love?