“Moral Aspect”

Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Toronto
“Moral Aspect”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Honestly, in this hotel we had a terrible and bad experience. I made a reservation in Marriot hotel but I came one day before. I needed one day to stay somewhere. By chance, I came to Whyndham Garden Hotel. The ladies in reception were so nice to my kids. They assured me that I should cancel my reservation in Marriot and come to this hotel. I told them that I need to complete my cancelation in Marriot and come back to your hotel. Can you hold it for me? The answer was: Yes, no problem. We informed them that in one hour we will come back and we want make sure that we have a reservation here.
However, when we canceled Marriot hotel and came back to Whydham Garden Hotel, the receptionist in Wyndham Garden Hotel told us that all places sold out. We told them that we spoke to you colleague and made a reservation in your hotel. She told that her colleague left home and she doesn’t know about that. As a tourist being in situation was shock for us, and we tried to speak to management. Finally, the owner of hotel Unji Binjay (Not sure what his correct name was but one of hotel clients told us his name) informed us: Business is business and we found another client who paid more. Maybe he is right, business is business but not sure what moral codex they are following when playing game with tourists like this. Finally, because of this stress I admitted hospital with heart problems and physician told me that I need to leave that place and see my family doctor.

I don’t want to go much details but I and my family members really got stressed because of that lie.
Now, you make your decisions, my friends! You may contact us for reference.

4 Thank Svetlana K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My family and I visit this hotel very frequently since 2007, we all lived in Tampa. The staff at front desk are outstanding. Very friendly, they go above and beyond to make you feel at home. For example like: Nicole, Andrea, Loren, Allen. Honestly they are the reason we keep going back. The bar tenders/ waiters they are wonderful. Robert would try to pleased and make everyone happy. We never had any bad experience. We had met wonderful people. I have to said that from the owner which we met several times to the head manager (Nigel) to the maids they all are very, very nice. Overall is a little paradise with wonderful people in it.

Room Tip: Wow I think by now we had just about all types of rooms and they all are wonderful. Never had a prob...
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My family and I stayed there first wk April 2012...Let's start with the "cons"... first u get hit with the $15 hotel fee x day, hotel does not even offer a free "cabana" or tent at the beach, which I assumed should be free staying at a Wyndham hotel ( it's $25 x day) the so called gym is non-existent ( an empty room with just one tread mill), elevators are so small that they can barely have 5 adults on them ), swimming pool is very, very small. At one point we were ready to switch hotels, however we decided to spend more time doing activities away from the hotel. On the good side the staff at the front desk and room cleaning ladies are very friendly. I WOULD NOT go back to this hotel; even the Holiday Inn was nicer.

Room Tip: If I "had to" stay there again, it would be on the 4th floor ( there's an ice maker th...
7 Thank ozzy o
Ware Place, SC
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Our stay at WGCB was fantastic. We arrived ahead of schedule and called to see if we could get a room. Danielle was working the front desk and made sure that we had a room as soon as we arrived. All members of the staff were very friendly and went above and beyond to see that we had everything we needed.
We did have a bad experience with the restaurant on the property. When we went in to be seated no one acknowledged us, we ended up leaving, and going next door to the IHOP.
When there was a problem with the AC in my parents room a maintanence man responded immediatly and replaced the unit!
Rooms were very clean and we loved the private beach.

POUGHQUAG
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Place was great, not sure what people where complaining about. Staff was excellent, food was great, rooms, bar, starbucks, everything was great. Restaurant/bar staff was extra helpful. Maid was honest, I didn't know I dropped a $100 bill, came into my room and found it waiting for me on the table. We were very happy, I go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank from10801
hoboken
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hotel smell was noted immediately upon walking in the door (chlorine?) and still pungent when arriving in room on 3rd floor. Room was fine despite not thoroughly cleaned.
Charged $15/day "resort fee" (this is in addition to resort tax and regular tax). However, guests are only allowed to use chairs on the beach for a fee ($25/day or $15 for less than 1/2 day) and pool chairs could not be moved to the beach. This was NOT noted prior to arrival.
The woman at the front desk was dreadful when asked what the resort fee was for if not covering beach chairs as well. She said well for that, towels and the gym. I reminded her the gym was not functioning. No fees were waived.
I most definitely would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank ellen s
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed at this Wyndham 3-9 and 3-10-12. The service at the front desk was AWFUL. There is a young lady who is rude beyond belief. We were first placed into a handicapped room even though we booked weeks earlier for a king bed/ocean front and she told us we could not be moved because the hotel was full. We also asked for a late check out which AAA told us we were entitled too and she again advised us no. We asked for a parking pass for a guest and again we were told no. When we went out to the beach in the evening around 10pm we were advised that we were not allowed to take our personal drinks with us and that any purchase had to be made from the bar. There is not one sign to address this issue and the following day many people were on the 'beach' area with personal drinks. We were advised to dump them out. The only nice part about our visit was the desk clerk 'Dylan' who was willing to work with us to move us when we told him that we were not advised that our room was handicap and we insisted upon being moved to a room where someone had not yet checked in. He was able to locate another room and even though the other young girl was advising him they were full and we could not be moved- he did so which in turn my husband tipped him for assisting us. The young lady at the front desk has long dark hair and black glasses. If you arrive and she is on go to another desk clerk so you can try to avoid spoiling your trip. We had friends that stayed down the street at the Holiday Inn and had a much better room and time.

Room Tip: The 6th floor is the best option at this hotel- the elevator is slow but you have the ice machine o...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple