Our family stayed here during Spring Break. The price was a little high, but everything in Clearwater Beach is high and this wasn't atrociously high compared to hotels that weren't on the beach or even compared to nearby budget hotels. We wanted to be directly on the beach so paying a little bit more was worth it for us. Regarding the location, it is on the channel the connects the Gulf to the Intercoastal/Old Clearwater Bay. You will understand if you look at a map. It is right next to the bridge for Gulf Blvd/CR 699, so it is not exactly on the Gulf but if you go just a little north up the beach you are on the Gulf proper. We didn't care that we weren't 100% on the Gulf...it is easy to drive up there and park if you want to check it out, which we recommend doing.
We had a beachfront room that was really nice. All new laminate flooring (we loved it, especially for the beach and for people with allergies), new dark furniture, a cute cream (faux?) leather sofa bed (not super comfortable), wide selection of pillows with varying firmness, and a very comfortable (think it was Simmons Beautyrest) king size bed with an impressive tall headboard. There was also a large desk with a comfortable executive work chair, a safe, a coffee maker, a mirrored vanity area (no sink) outside the bathroom, and a remodeled bathroom. The balcony is great for taking in the sunrise/sunset and watching the pirate boats cruise past. Everything was clean enough to suit us and there were no bed bugs (we always check).
We loved the private beach. The atmosphere was so much more relaxed and low-key and the people who were staying here were like us, i.e., they were not college students here for spring break. We had family staying at another hotel just up the beach and even though it was also kind of a "private" beach, people would park their boats and wave runners there and blast loud music and have loud conversations that were inappropriate for kids. We didn't have any of those problems, plus our beach (unlike theirs) was very clean and well maintained, it dropped off gradually into the water, and the waves stayed very low, which is great for children. We also enjoyed the pool, which was big enough for the kids and had comfortable lounge chairs for the adults.
The hotel itself is an older hotel that has been renovated. That does not bother us at all...we actually kind of like it. What that means, however, is that it has low hallway ceilings (probably to retrofit a sprinkler system), small elevators (nearly impossible to enlarge those), and the rooms are not huge (may have been downsized slightly to increase the size of the bathroom). This is not worth complaining about, in our opinion, because why would you come to this beautiful beach to sit in your room, walk up and down the hallways, and ride the elevator all day?
The staff was nice and helpful, and the bartender doubled as the Starbucks barista when we needed a pick-me-up in the evening. We enjoyed the nice sitting area they had in the lobby. Prices for all the drinks were what you'd expect, about $3-$5 for coffee and $5-$10 for drinks depending on your selection. We did not eat at the restaurant.
Overall, the relaxed atmosphere, comfortable rooms, and private beach were perfect for us, and we would definitely stay here again if we could get a price comparable to other area hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DreamView Hotel & Resort, where you are greeted upon arrival with an ambiance of relaxed luxury. Throughout your stay, enjoy a unique experience where the only thing separating DreamView Hotel & Resort from the Gulf is your own private beach! Enjoy the ever changing view of dolphins, sailboats and yachts as you relax on your complimentary private cabana lounge. Once it's time to wind down, rejuvenate in one of our 110 newly remodeled, smoke-free and fully hypoallergenic guestrooms with exclusive pillow-top and/or 14" memory foam mattresses for a great night's rest. Most rooms also have a balcony to enjoy the colorful Florida sunset, and beachside rooms offer a panoramic view of the Gulf of Mexico. Relax and unwind in a beach cabana or kick back in a poolside plush lounger. Should your arrival occur before check-in time, enjoy the luxury and accessibility to our newly-renovated changing room, for the exclusive use of arriving guests, where you may freshen up from your journey and change into resort attire before enjoying the beach cabanas and pool upon your arrival, an amenity on Clearwater Beach uniquely offered only at DreamView. Allow our bell service to secure your luggage or ensure that it is waiting for you in your room once it becomes available. Stop by the 24-hour Fitness Center to get a great workout, or put finishing touches on a presentation in the Business Center. At the Sands Beach Bar & Grill, enjoy in or outdoor dining with our award-winning breakfast, lunch or dinner without leaving the hotel. We also offer In-room dining, with your choice from any of our delicious entrees. Taste the variety of tropical beverages of the Tiki Bar, and sip on one of our signature cocktails in your beach cabana without leaving the sand thanks to our beachside drink service, or swing by the mini-Starbucks or Grab-n-Go Cafe where there's always something tasty to pick up on the go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Best Western Sea Wake Beach Resort
- Best Western Clearwater
- Clearwater Best Western
- DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort Clearwater, Florida