“Went to see Winter”

and up
Clearwater Marine Aquarium General Admission
Ranked #7 of 84 things to do in Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Clearwater Marine Aquarium's mission is to restore and preserve our marine environment. We accomplish our mission through leadership in education, research, and the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life.
PA
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Went to see Winter”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This aquarium is very small and raising money for a larger facility. I am glad it is getting so much attention from the recent movie about Winter the dolphin. There is a new attraction called Winter's Dolphin Tale that is all about the movie and has many props from the movie. It is in a separate location and has a separate admission fee.

I would recommend going 1st thing in the morning before the crowds arrive. The staff and volunteers are dedicated and very kind. We had a very nice visit.

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Clearwater FL
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Rejuvenated - Dolphin Tale Set”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

If you are visiting Clearwater Beach, put this on your list of must see's. It's not Sea World, and that is a good thing!! It is an intimate setting where you feel close to the work being done there. "Winter" is just a part of the great work they do there.

Visited May 2011
Tampa, Flordia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simple but interesting”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Winter is there for all to see. Also, other rescued sea creatures are there. I hope Winter's popularity will bring in more money for this acquarium

1 Thank DollyBay
Dunedin, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over Price & unorganized”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

It was not worth 20.00, it was so crowded that you could not get to see anything with the crowds...hallways cramped and couldn't get near a window to look into see anything, we only went into the aquarim part and not on the tour part.

I would highly suggest that they do groups of 10-15 people in tours and space them out 5-10 minutes apart so that everyone can have a chance to see things...

I will not suggest to friends and family visiting...to go there...when I left I felt ripped off, but had to say to my self that I was donating to a good cause...it is overpriced for what you get to see...if you can see anything because of the crowds...

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disappointed, should have done my homework!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Spent $75 for 2 to see Winter and go on boat ride! The story of Winter was heartwarming and the staff was very close to their animals. Not many animals to see and the marine life boat ride was a joke! For the "show and tell" we saw a crab and about 4 fish. I thought there would be more...as packed as the boat was this marine is making good money monitoring the bay area! Stop for a bite before arriving - all is very overpriced!

7 Thank 3Garza12