“Quick Trip” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
Clearwater Marine Aquarium General Admission
Ranked #7 of 77 things to do in Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Clearwater Marine Aquarium's mission is to restore and preserve our marine environment. We accomplish our mission through leadership in education, research, and the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life.
Johnsburg, Illinois, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Quick Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Not a whole lot to see, but I still enjoyed it. It was cool to see Winter and other sea life that been rehabilitated. Just don't go expected Sea World or larger Aquariums the Shedd Aquarium In Chicago. It is small.

1 Thank Joy C

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Callahan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I typically never write reviews, especially bad ones. I feel like most people wrote bad reviews and never good ones so I tend to only write reviews when things have been great but this...warranted a review. HORRIBLE! The biggest waste of money and disappointment of the whole trip. My family had limited funds for this trip and I budgeted everything we did. I wish I would have know about this place. $95 for my family of five (kids; 12, 10 & 5) to get in and there was NOTHING there that kept our attention. My middle son LOVES all things educational and when we left he said "well that wasn't what I expected". Don't waste your money!!

3 Thank Jenlynnn
Lakeland, Florida, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Under Construction - Takes about 30 minutes to get through.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I understand they're trying to extend their program, but as of right now, it wasn't very good at all. We went through the entire aquarium in about thirty minutes. Everything is under construction and they're only about six or seven exhibits in the aquarium that you can go see.

The way that the caretakers explain what they do during feeding times is good; but, I just don't think it was worth the money.

With your admission, they include entry to the Dolphin museum so you can see the props from the movie. That is also fairly small and if you don't really care for the movie it's not much fun.

Nice for kids but it's still very small. Hopefully they'll improve it and make it a little bigger.

1 Thank Sarah B
Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dolphin Tale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Nice little aquarium, but no fish to see! Was nice to see all of the rescued animals, including Winter, the dolphin with the prosthetic tail.

Second part of the aquarium is located several miles away and is accessible via (free) trolley ride. HOWEVER, I highly recommend taking your own car since the trolley only runs every 10-15 minutes, and the line is long enough to wait over half an hour. (Parking is FREE at other facility, as well.)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Never Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

That is probably the worst experience I have ever had at an aquarium. The price to get in is not worth it. My daughter loves animals and she was beyond bored. Didn't see winter, which honestly I didn't care too much bout but still. It was so awfully hot everywhere inside and out. I will never ever go there again.

3 Thank Chelsea D