“it had to be done” 5 of 5 bubbles

Clearwater Beach Pier 60 Tour
Ranked #1 of 77 things to do in Clearwater
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With hundreds of things to do on Clearwater Beach, the main attraction is still pretty much its near-perfect beach (USA Today readers voted Clearwater Beach "Best Beach Town in Florida" in 2013). Beautiful white sand and clear, shallow water make this beach an ideal playground for families.
Dublin, Ireland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“it had to be done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

As a tourist ,youre always looking for new beaches to check out ,and when we were told by a family member that clearwater is the enniscrone to americans we had to check it out. We purposely took that route to go and see it. It was a little shelly for my liking however I did manage to cap a good 4 hours in 32 degree (Celsius) heat to enjoy it. It was quite busy, as expected on a weekend but there was plenty of room to towel down and lay out. The water was warm , the crushed sea-shells below my little feet was a little sore but I got used to it after a while. I think it may be a little over-rated, but I enjoyed it.

Visited May 2014

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Beautiful beach on the Gulf Coast.

Miles of white sand. It gets busy so park early and get set up ahead of the crowd.

1 Thank David C
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The beach was very clean. Tons of seashells to find which was fun for the kids! Beautiful white sand! It was crowded by the weekend but through the week was very peaceful! A great vacation spot!

Morton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Can't figure out how it got it's name”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

let me start by saying I love the Clearwater area.there is lots to do or not do, depending on what your preferences are. I have traveled to this area 4 times, one in each season. As a woman traveling alone I have felt very safe each time I visited.Choice of hotels range from very upscale to old fashioned mom and pop.I prefer the latter because I go for the beach! why spend so much for something you hardly use? B
y the way,most of those places you won't find on hotels.com!
Although all the areas beaches I have visited are beautiful and very clean,the water is far from clear and calm. As soon as you walk into the water you lose sight of your feet! and the waves! I am not a tall person, maybe five foot five, but trying to go into the water, waves engulfed me over my head knocking me over. So, being confined to the beach,I prefer Fort Myers Beach area which is a great place for shelling

Visited April 2014
3 Thank das1517
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great beach, way too crowded....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The gulf coast has some of the best beaches on the planet its just on some days on Clearwater Beach you'll have a hard to experiencing it due to the crowds of people on this beach. Go a little north or south for some space.