“Best service I ever had as a season traveler.”

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte
“Best service I ever had as a season traveler.”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

The service staff at this hotel is the best I ever had. We travel 4 to 5 times a year and I can say I loved my stay here. The hotel is new and rooms are very nice. But the staff made this trip one of the best ever for us, they treated us like rich/royalty made us feel like we was on vacation. I dont know the manager but I have to say thank you and keep up the good work with your staff because they are the best I ever seen they go above and beyond. Thanks again the hotel and staff made our vacation, we want still any where else when in clearwater. Ps. To the night desk auditor the movie channel was good. Lol

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I just booked another stay at this hotel. It is very clean and comfortable which is important to me when I book any hotel. I was there first time with my daughter. She was excited to use the pool and we were told it was open despite of our late check-in. After putting on our bathing suits we were told that the pool were closed. Very disappointing for my daughter. The breakfast were good better than any continental breakfast I've experience. Overall I coming back for the affordable and cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Yonkers, New York, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed here for a week and it was great. The staff, Belinda in particular, was extremely pleasant and helpful. Property was clean. Rooms were very spacious. If you like high ceilings ask to stay on the first floor which is where we stayed. Pool is a good size and always clean. The fitness room is well equipped also. They offer free breakfast each morning and Monday through Wednesday there is a chef who does a barbeque or some other menu. There is ample parking and the location is not far from beaches, restaurants, activites, etc. Would definitely stay here again if I come back to Clearwater.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor seem larger because of the high ceilings.
Green Features: They suggest hanging your bath towels if you want to reuse them.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We enjoyed our night in the residence Inn, room was spacious and very well equipped, we had a studio as our daughter was staying with us. A special mention needs to be given to the staff who were excellent. It was our first time in clearwater and they couldn't do enough for us.
The only downside was the breakfast, selection was very limited and it felt more like a transport cafe.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you very much for writing a review on line. I was pleased to read you enjoyed our staff and guest rooms; however I was disappointed to read we clearly failed you in the breakfast department. It is my commitment to revamp our offerings in order for our guests to enjoy a good hot breakfast in the morning. It’s feedback like yours that help us correct our deficiency in order serve our guests better. Thank you again.
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Clearwater Marriott Residential Inn is not on the beach but is a short drive (4 miles) away. However, it offers so much I think it's worth it. The staff is extremely friendly and offers great suggestions on places. The hotel provided me with beach chairs and beach blankets (great since I didn't drive so couldn't take them with me on the plane) as well as social get togethers Monday thru Wednesday night. The breakfast is fabulous- a FULL breakfast, not just danish and coffee. The room was spacious, the bed was comfy, the kitchen (although small) is fully equipped. My only "negative" was the neighborhood. It's not bad but is mostly government buildings and warehouses. Still, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Ironton, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here to visit Winter at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly and the location was very convenient. Great place to stay if you aren't looking to be directly on the beach.

• Stayed July 2013
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I wanted to take a moment and express my gratitude for your kind comments. Each and every day our team makes it our mission to accommodate our guests. Thank you again for your review I look forward sharing this with the team.
Luxembourg
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The 1 bedroom room was nicely renovated, very comfortable and spacious both on the living and bedroom sides. Full kitchen including oven was a definite plus. While not located in the best neighborhood, it is only a short drive to the beaches. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for writing a review regarding our property and the layout of the room. I was please to read you enjoyed the room you received. Our ovens are a perk although only in a handful of rooms it is definitely a plus to have especially if you’re traveling with your family. Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward having you again.