“Great place to stay”

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel is very clean and the staff is very helpful and professional. The room was a very nice size and the price was very good. The bedding looked new and the room had a nice kitchenette and large flat screen TV.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week at the beginning of July to look for a property to buy. Then, we returned at the end of July to await our furniture. Unfortunately, rather than the 3-4 days it would normally take to travel from PA to FL, our movers did not arrive for 2 entire weeks! We were not at all happy. However, if you are going to be stranded anywhere, this is the place. The staff is wonderful. Special accolades to Belinda and Randal at the front desk and Nicky and Melvin in the breakfast/happy hour area. All three, as well as most other staff members, made us feel as if we were at home, staying with family. Nothing was too much for the staff. If you requested it, you got it, if at all possible. We requested beach chairs to take to the beach. However, because some guests chose not to return them to the front desk, there were none available. The Housekeeping Manager went out to a garage sale and got a beach chair for us. Now, that's service, if I ever saw any anywhere.
My husband asked for bisquits with sausage gravy. Nicky made sure that they were on the breakfast buffet the following morning.
My husband asked the daytime maintenance person for tools to install our new FL license plate, and he was immediately supplied with them.
Weekly happy hours are offered 2-3 nights /week with free wine and beer as well as burgers, hotdogs, tacos or cheese & crackers with salad bar.
I could go on and on about the wonderful service at this hotel. Was everything perfect? Of course not, but we weren't paying Four Seasons prices. For the rates you pay, I can't imagine a better deal anywhere.

Room Tip: First floor offers easiest accessibility to the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Franfromthepoconos
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Spent a weekend for a quick trip to the beach. The hotel is located near downtown Clearwater and about 3 miles from Clearwater Beach. Lot's of restaurants, and shopping are close. Great rooms with all the amenities that Residence Inns offers. Nice outdoor pool, great breakfast buffet, and evening social with beer, wine and food during the week. The best amenity is that they offer beach umbrella's, chairs, towels, kids toys to take to the beach on a first come, first serve basis! This will save you lots of money instead of renting an umbrella and chairs at the beach! The staff is wonderful and very helpful! You will not be disappointed here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This Residence Inn is near the beach, but without the beach traffic and chaos. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast had plenty of choices and the breakfast area was clean. Being able to eat breakfast by the pool was a plus. Our room was clean and the appliances were wonderful. The only complaint was the covering on the one of the chairs was deteriorating badly. I noticed that other chair coverings in the hotel were also deteriorating. This hotel might be newer, but it needs a little maintenance to keep it in top shape.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

The service staff at this hotel is the best I ever had. We travel 4 to 5 times a year and I can say I loved my stay here. The hotel is new and rooms are very nice. But the staff made this trip one of the best ever for us, they treated us like rich/royalty made us feel like we was on vacation. I dont know the manager but I have to say thank you and keep up the good work with your staff because they are the best I ever seen they go above and beyond. Thanks again the hotel and staff made our vacation, we want still any where else when in clearwater. Ps. To the night desk auditor the movie channel was good. Lol

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I just booked another stay at this hotel. It is very clean and comfortable which is important to me when I book any hotel. I was there first time with my daughter. She was excited to use the pool and we were told it was open despite of our late check-in. After putting on our bathing suits we were told that the pool were closed. Very disappointing for my daughter. The breakfast were good better than any continental breakfast I've experience. Overall I coming back for the affordable and cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed here for a week and it was great. The staff, Belinda in particular, was extremely pleasant and helpful. Property was clean. Rooms were very spacious. If you like high ceilings ask to stay on the first floor which is where we stayed. Pool is a good size and always clean. The fitness room is well equipped also. They offer free breakfast each morning and Monday through Wednesday there is a chef who does a barbeque or some other menu. There is ample parking and the location is not far from beaches, restaurants, activites, etc. Would definitely stay here again if I come back to Clearwater.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor seem larger because of the high ceilings.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple