“Residence inn downtown clearwater”

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Fantastic hotel, rooms very comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast of good quality and welcome back on 2-3 nights per week which saves a fortune on eating out. Would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Reviewed 7 September 2013

What a beautiful place! Good location - close to everything. Decent breakfast. I flew in to Tampa later in the evening, and got to the hotel starving. The kind woman behind the desk asked "Did you even have time for dinner?". I had not. The chef was still there. She told me to put my stuff in my room and come back down and they would have something for me to eat. They clearly went above and beyond! The room was exceptionally clean. The entire room was tastefully decorated and all necessary items were available in the kitchen (although I didn't need to use it).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We only stayed at the hotel for two nights but we loved everything about it and if we ever returned to Clearwater this is where we would stay. Randal at the front desk could not do enough for you and nothing was too much trouble. whenever you thanked him he just said that's what I'm here for
The breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and the breakfast staff were very helpful and friendly.
The rooms were very comfortable and had everything you needed including microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher, the bed was wonderful and would have loved to have taken it home!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations! The staff was very friendly and helpful (we needed dinner recommendations). The room was lovely, a king size in the bedroom, 2 pc bath with separate sink/mirror, living area with pull-out sofa, recliner and desk and the kitchen was nicer than my own! The mattress on the pull-out could have been better, but the regular bed was very comfy. Breakfast was included - a very nice buffet of eggs, sausage, potatoes, french toast, fruit, muffins, bagels, bread and make-your-own waffles. The hotel is close to Clearwater Beach and the Clearwater Marine Museum (Winter, Panama & Hope). Lots of local places to eat close by. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My family stayed at this RI for the first time Aug 14-17. I was cheerfully greeted by April and her manager, Sarah. Maybe it was because I had both the Marriott Visa Credit card, was a Rewards member, and they had rooms, we were upgraded to the next larger suite. Unexpected but very welcomed, as it was very nicely furnished. I've stayed at other RI, and the pool is much larger than average. From my experience, I can only say the pool at the RI in Adventura /Miami (also a fantastic RI) was larger.
We were in town for a mix of vacation and business. The drive to Clearwater Beach was short. We weren't willing to pay a lot more to be in the Clearwater Beach area itself. I appreciated the free WIFI throughout the hotel and the computer with printer in the lobby. As well, April gladly faxed documents for me, which I appreciated was complimentary. We decided to visit the famous Sarasota's Siesta Key Beach for one night, about 1 1/2 hrs drive. Amazing beach with very powdery sand.
After the great experience, without hesitation, we decided to return to this RI for 2 more nights. Randall greeted us and offered a room upgrade again. Unexpected and appreciated again. More faxing was gladly accommodated. What more can I say? Great staff at a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This was my second stay here and won't be my last! The staff are friendly and professional. The rooms are nicely appointed and clean. Comfy bed. Short drive to Clearwater Beach. Nice breakfast area. The one bedroom was very spacious. This one will stay on my list of places to stay when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo