“Don't expect social hour promise if you're not first in line.”

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #16 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Over all it's a nice hotel. The social hour employee's ruins it. They text and talk on phone while the guest wonder where the food is. This may seem minor but it is part of the residence inn experience. If this would have been my first experience with the chain I may not have considered them for future needs. I will now read reviews before making reservations. I placed a lot of trust in the chain. My mistake. This one is at the very bottom of my experiences.

• Stayed: July 2014
Sarah G, Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for your comment regarding our property. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. We take great pride in providing quality service to our guests and anything less than this is completely unacceptable. I have spent a great amount of time addressing this social hour issue so that this will not happen again in the future. I hope that you will give us a second chance and come see us again soon. Thank you very much.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown

Reviewed 18 July 2014

When I am in the Tampa area, this is my hotel of choice. It's close proximity to the beach, restaurants and shopping are significant benefits. The staff is always friendly, helpful and cheerful. The rooms are clean and the free breakfast is always nice. Highly recommended - from a frequent business traveler and Marriott Platinum Elite. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators (it's always a bit noisy).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

If your looking for a budget friendly hotel that is clean and close to the beach this is it! Clean little kitchen clean bed, clean bathroom, free Breakfast great to start the day..and NO bed bugs!! We loved it!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel goes above & beyond Hospitality Friendly, smiles especially the kitchen crew! they all take time to make sure you are enjoying your breakfast and by the way the breakfast is awesome waffles with extra stuff , homemade muffins are yummy, homemade oatmeal with even cinnamon on it just got to love it! it is just simply delicious they also have scrambled eggs bacon sausage all cooked great natural yogurt which I am a fan of with either blueberries in it or strawberries. I felt like I was in the South like South Carolina TN with their hospitality charm. it is amazing. One of the employees at the desk her name is Jane was friendly smiles, and talked to me while no one was in line giving me tips on a shopping online site. We my hubby & I will be back whenever we are in Clearwater again. Highly Recommend this hotel. Also rooms are clean very very nice décor comfy and best of all Reasonable which was a Surprise to us when we opened the door to our room only $126 which included tax it is just simply amazing .the house cleaning person was also amazing leaving on the TV ambiance with the music and putting a robe on the bed ! Enjoy! LiveLoveLaughDanceSingPray

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This a wonderful hotel !! Very clean, hotel staff are very warm, friendly, eager to help with any need u may have. Mr Randall G. is the man, whatever question u have he has a great answer or suggestion;the night front desk attendant I believe her name is Barbara, wonderful person super friendly welcoming, also very knowledgeable about alot ! lol Rooms were clean, well supplied, location is nice & quiet, minutes from the beach & range of shopping opportunities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a great experience. The hotel staff was fantastic. Randall at front desk was helpful and courteous. The lady at breakfast was outstanding. She made sure everyone enjoyed their breakfast. Breakfast food was refilled promptly and was delicious. I would recommend this hotel to families and guests traveling with pets. Short 5 minute drive to Clearwater beach.

Room Tip: We stayed overlooking pool. Seems to be a nice view from the north on high floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Ok, so one of the reasons we loved this place was we got upgraded from a one bedroom to a two bedroom. BUT the staff was very friendly and helpful with our TV not working and they were out of laundry detergent.....they made the stay a little better.
This room was HUGE! Kitchen was spacious with tons of counter space and all updated appliances. Hubby and I had our own room with en suite, and so did our 15 son. This extra space was ideal!
My only issue was our bedroom never seemed to cool off like the living space and son's room.
You might not get as lucky as we did and get the upgrade, but stay here and enjoy upgraded space with the friendly, helpful staff!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family