“Almost Perfect! ”

Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I along with my young daughter stayed at this hotel. I am a very critical hotel reviewer and I look for specific things when we choose a hotel to stay. Complimentary breakfast, parking and internet. This is my first time choosing a Marriott Residence inn. We normally try to stay at Best Western Plus/Premier. Since we were traveling with our small daughter I decided to try somewhere with a full kitchen. From the time that we arrived we were greeted by smiling welcoming faces. There are many times I have checked into other hotels where I felt as though we were checking in as a burden instead of a guest. The check in process was fast and smooth. Our first impression of the room was great and it smelled fresh and clean. I had no concerns of letting my little one sit or play on the floor. The bathroom was immaculate even behind the toilet. The kitchen was clean as well although I did find dirt on the floor between the fridge and old grease and spots on the wall above the cooktop. The water pressure in the shower was excellent and the temperature was perfect. Our first night was great. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were crisp clean. We had a bit of difficulty with using the television. We were unable to find any channels and it actually froze and was out of service for half of the day. After the first night we ended up having to switch rooms. The ladies at the front desk were highly professional and handled the situation right away. They even offered for me to take my daughter to urgent care for the bites that she had on her leg.

Breakfast in the morning was above average. I usually sent my husband to bring it back for us so I could sleep late. On the day that I decided to check it out for myself, there was a line waiting for food to be replenished. The cook as well as the attendant made the wait fun. You could see that they were doing all they could to speed things up and were very personable. We did use the pool one day. It was very clean, so was the pool area and the towels were plentiful. One thing that would be a great addition would be a hot tub.

We didn't require service everyday for our room, but on the days that we did, our house keeper was stellar. She made sure to check with us every morning before we left to make sure we were set for the day.

We really enjoyed our stay. All of your staff should be commended for winning over a very tough critic. April and Sarah were excellent as well as the evening front desk person who wears glasses. I can't remember her name. Jane was also great as well this morning during checkout. We hope to return to the area once the renovation is complete. I'm sure the upgrades will make an outstanding hotel even better. Clearwater water beach is less than 3 miles away and easy to access.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jaiere2001

Reviewed 4 August 2014

After flying 3000 miles and driving 2 hours we arrive at this hotel. After booking in advance thru Expedia months in advance we find that they overbooked and didn't have a room for us. We arrived at 10 pm. I will never book with Marriot again. Oh, we recieved an email apology and a promise of a discount next time....yeah, next time. How about a couple of hundred bucks voucher! Never again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Derek B
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

I know an apology will not ease your dismay you have towards our property due to your reservation being pushed. It is unfortunate you traveled that great length only to arrive to have your reservations set up at a different hotel. I can completely understand your decision not to want to stay with us again. I can only hope you will have a different perception towards Marriott as a whole.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was travelling with my family and we stayed for a little over a week. Rooms were nice and cleaned daily. Breakfast was included and very delicious. Staff was very nice and helpful when asking about attractions and restaurants. Great over-all experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Haubingths I
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Some members of our 55 Alive Senior Church Group recently stayed at the Residence Inn. The Staff were some of the friendliest, helpful that we have encountered. Rooms were beautiful and comfortable. The kitchen was a huge plus. I can't believe they are talking about renovation. Can't wait to see the changes. This will always be our first choice when we are in Clearwater and are already recommending it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 55Sheryl
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

For me, the service has stood out above all the rest. The hotel is clean and generally in good shape. The employees though have been top notch - from reception to housekeeping. I chose not to have cleaning services my second day but did stop and ask a housekeeper in the hall for towels. She apologize and explained that they were in the dryer. I told her I would call later and left for work. What did I find waiting for me when I returned at days end? Extra towels!! Above and beyond...

Will definitely come back if I'm in town.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Road W
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Clearwater this weekend. The Inn is well kept and the service employees are very nice. Greet you whenever they see you and are pleasant. The breakfast was included quick breakfast scrambled eggs sausage grits biscuit pancakes waffles. Not a bad spread for the money.

The rooms are clean and well kept.

Outside the hotel there is nothing, we found a starbucks (the only one in clearwater) a couple of blocks away that was about it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sinister27
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Every time our son has a swim meet in Clearwater, we stay at this hotel conveniently located, close to everything.
Our suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms was perfect with its kitchen and sofa area.

Since our last visit in February, wifi and the TVs have been upgraded.
Randall at the front desk is the man, always helpful and courteous.
Only a minor issue with the AC which seems to cool more the sofa area than the bedrooms.

Stayed: July 2014