“Home away from home experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park
Ranked #74 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Minden, Louisiana
“Home away from home experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Excellent accomodations! I have been staying at this hotel since August.. Very friendly and helpful staff, Michelle is outstanding! All of the staff here are great. Very clean rooms in an extremely nice area. Managers Chris and Tiffy go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. Nice clean grounds, excellent pool and quiet area..Many nice restaurants and entertainment within short distances. Highly recommended! My home away from home!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for the great review of our property! I am thrilled that you have been enjoying your time with us. We strive to make our guests feel like family and it is so fulfilling to hear that we are succeeding in that endeavor. Thank you again for your choosing us for your lodging needs and for sharing your experience with us. We are always happy to have you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
St. Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I booked thru Priceline got a 35.00 rate which was great. However one of the rooms we needed two beds which you get the message about the up charge after you book. However Janet was very nice and even for the extra 11.20 we got a King and a pullout which worked fine and the rooms were really clean and close to our event...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Camden, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Excellent hotel Great sevice freindly staff Clean rooms nice bed, all the cooking utencisls you need,Very clean pool , out door gas grill or charcoal grill to cook on in a nice clean area, This was the perfect stay for our vacation stayed 14 days never a problem, I would highly recomend this Hotel, easy to get to all the beaches Theme parks Zoo, Malls & best of all price is reasonable want to thank the Awsome staff for a great comfortible stay !! Gary Oliver & freinds. See you next year!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I don't get the negative reviews. I have stay here twice in the past three months and both times I had and excellent experience. My rooms were very clean and everything was in working order. The grounds were well kept and well lit. The staff was vary courteous and friendly. They even called my my room a short time after I checked in to see if everything was OK. I particularly enjoyed taking walks in the corporate park, located across the street, that encompasses a wildlife preserve. I saw birds, bats and gators, oh my! For under $50, you get a clean room, cookware, appliances, and fridge/freezer. A truly exceptional value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. Thank you for commenting on our courteous staff and well-kept grounds. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here in Clearwater. Thank you again for choosing us for your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I booked a week there along with some family members in Juy because the hotel was close to a wedding venue. All I can say is OMG. The parking lot looks like a trailor park. The areas were not keeped clean. We booked two non smoking rooms;the rooms still smell like cigarettes. The fridge and caninets were falling apart. Everything there was disgusting . And where is this pool I did not see. I was afraid to leave my car without supervision. Needless to say we cancelled our reservations. We stayed at Ramada Inn ( great place) in Tampa for the same price we were paying for this junk.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Abb67
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead St. Petersburg - Clearwater. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Hudson, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I arrived at the hotel and there is no parking in front of the check-in office!! I got to my room and the first thing that I noticed was that the front door was banged in and all dirty. However, opening the door I found the room to be very clean. A queen studio is small but ok for one person. The bathroom is normal size. I had no problems with the water pressure or it staying hot. The kitchen part was all good. My only complaints are that the bed is not very comfortable and I was awakened at 1:30am with people making noise upstairs and then the maid never turned the alarm clock off from the previous guests and I was again awakened at 5:30am from the alarm. I heard people walking and running aorund upstairs in the late evening, which I was surprised since I am used to hotels having concrete floors upstairs.

The pool was clean but the area around it wasn't, especially the table and chairs area.

I would stay there again, but ask for a room with no one upstairs and I would have to make sure that the alarm isn't on. For the price I paid it was a fair deal. Several restaurants within walking distance. I ate dinner at Beef O'Bradys which was the nicest and largest Beef...I have ever been in. The environment didn't consume theTV with sports. They had nice music playing and the TV sound was left in the bar.

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the 1st floor unless you make sure no one is staying above you.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

This was the first time I have visited Florida. I was confused over where to stay and a recruiter requested I stay at Homestead Studio Suites since it was 0.5 miles away from my job assignment. The staff was very courteous and helpful and even help me get around town to the neccessary placed I had to go.
The room was immaculate and everything was in place. The only downfall is that there wasn't a stove. I prefer baked instead of of fried. Other than that I had a good 2 weeks there and would do it again if I had the chance. I have friends coming to visit in about a month and guess where they are staying.
Homestead Studio Suites ROCK...

Room Tip: End units have less traffic and tend to be more sound.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Rico B
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead St. Petersburg - Clearwater. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.