“Close to highway, but in business district”

Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park
Ranked #74 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Close to highway, but in business district”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We felt the room was priced a little high for the location, services and condition of our room. The hotel is in a business district on a busy highway. Website states the rooms were recently renovated, but the one we stayed in was not - it was okay, but could use some upgrades especially in the bathroom. The staff was very friendly and even offered discount cards for local restaurants. The open closet was large and had enough room for suitcases and all our clothes. The "complimentary breakfast" is really a grab-and-go offering coffee/tea, apples or oranges, granola bars, or wrapped muffins. Pay attention to the housekeeping, which is weekly - daily is available at an extra charge. The free WiFi was great, and they offer faster speed for an additional charge. Bring your own blow dryer, reception has a limited number of dryers for their guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway and on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Trivandrum
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Rooms are good for singles, all facilities are provided.tough for families with kids. Will be good if some more varities are prodived with breakfast. Room service should be little better. Nice and cam area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aravindvikraman
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have literally spent over 60K in 3 years on these Extended Stay America hotels. This one the staff was rude to me from the get go. Plain RUDE. You would think they would be more appreciative of their good customers but they are not.
At The Extended Stay America on 6001 NW 6th way I had ZERO problems with anything or anyone. This one is different really bad customer service.
TACT should be a must have and a requirement for hotel managers and staff to have.
Articulate, well mannered form of speech and communication is a must have for staff in the hotel industry.

Room Tip: Choose another Extended Stay where they have better customer service and they show their customers m...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Camden, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed for 15 day"s Excellent Staff very clean rooms as well as pool area ,Stayed at same Hotel last year and was very happy with the kindness of office presonal & staff!! Very helpfull, Laundry room is squeaky clean,Very easy to get to all the places & atractions . and also nice & quiet, Thanks for A nother Great vaction & Great hotel! Will be back next October!!!!

Room Tip: Restaurant next store there are A few choices within walking distance..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel in the areas of cleanliness, customer service and location. We look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to our area.
Marshfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

When I was here last May this hotel was a "Homestead Studio Suites." It is being re-branded as an "Extended Stay America." In fact, at the moment one side of their marquis sign says "Extended Stay" and the other side still says "Homewood Studio." The use of the word "suites" is extremely libera. You will not be getting an additional room in your "suite." But you will be getting a kitchenette that includes a fridge, 2 burner electric stovetop, microwave and pots/pans/dishes/glasses/silverware,etc.

This is by no means a luxury or destination resort, and it makes no attempt to try to be one.It is not near any of the attractions or beaches. It is, however, a great value if you plan on being in the Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area for business. ESA markets itself to people who need a place to stay for a week, a month, or longer because they are working in the area on a temporary basis or need an extended stay and don't want to live in their car.

I have a bit of a bias because I often stay at ESA hotels when I'm traveling alone for business, so I will try to be as objective as possible with my review.

Right now the place is in the middle of an exterior paint job presumably because of the rebranding to Extended Stay, and it looks great. Hopefully there will be enough money in the budget to upgrade some of the rooms. I am in room 161 and the furniture, carpeting and bathroom are a little worn and dated. Also, every ESA that I have stayed has had the hardest beds. C'mon guys, could you at least spring for a pillowtop topper???

On the plus side, the staff is unfailingly friendl., In fact, I have to tip my hat to ESA on this, Every one on their properties that I have stayed at has had courteous and helpful staff. This place is no exception.

Other things that are important (at least to me) is good water pressure in the shower, (which helps take the kinks out from sleeping on the hard bed), free wi-fi, new flat screen LG TV's with free Showtime (I got to watch Homeland) and a free "grab and go" breakfast in the lobby. Coffee, muffins, fruit etc.

When you check in there will be towels in your room. However there is no daily room service so if you go out for the day your room will look exactly like it did when you left.. If you bring your towels to the front desk, as I did yesterday, they will (cheerfully) give you a fresh set.

Best reasons to saty here? It happens to be a great value if you are willing to put up with a little compromise in amenities. Clean, friendly and dependable.

Room Tip: I am staying in a single room (1 queen) but got a chance to see a double room. The room was much lar...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for posting such a thorough and positive review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our fresh look. We are set to update more of our interior in early 2014 as well. Along with the additions of the free WiFi, grab-and-go breakfast, flat panel televisions and the free premium channels, we are excited that we are enhancing our "home away from home" feeling. I am delighted to hear that the customer service provided by our staff was exactly as expected.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for almost two months when we first moved down to the Tampa area and we had a great experience. Sure, it's not as fancy as many of the other extended stay types of hotels in the area, but you can't beat the price and value. Everyone at the front desk was super accommodating, friendly, and professional. When we first arrived, they found out my husband is a vet and they immediately upgraded us to a larger room. Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for providing you with such excellent service. As well, I appreciate that you saw the value in our "home away from home". We hope your move went smoothly!

USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This has the basics: clean, fairly comfortable, decent location if you have business in the area, and the small kitchen. There are no frills - but that's what you are paying for - I get it. And, if I'm in the area again for business - I'll stay here.

However, if I'm on vacation with the family, then I'll go elsewhere (having said that, who's staying in this area on vacation anyway? You got the beach about 10 miles away, so there's no real reason to stay here with your family - stay closer to the area's attractions).

There are three reasons why I'd pick another hotel for the family (other than location):
1. All the rooms are exterior (i.e. you can walk right up from the outside directly to the room door rather than going through the interior). I like the added security of interior rooms.

2. I arrived at night and there were a lot of cars in the parking lot (reasonable expectation). However, the next day, during the middle of the day, there were still a lot of cars in the parking lot. So, there must be some people staying here "extendedly", which to me can mean a lot of things - but if these people aren't working and not on vacation - then what ARE they doing? Again, when it come to family, I like simple overnight hotels vs. weekly hotels.

3. The wifey likes her amenities - so that shoots everything else down anyway.

Again, this is a good place for the business traveler, but when it comes to family, I'll choose other options.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are at the rear of the property. There are 3 buildings, the 2 front building are near...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business