“Location, Location, Location!”

Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Wonderful location, nice staff, great accommodations and beautiful views. I was here on business, one night only (unfortunately). Each room is a suite, with a chair , couch, TV, fridge and microwave in one room, then beds in the other. I had two double beds. Remember, doubles are smaller that queen! My bed was extremely comfortable! My room had north and south views, so in late summer, the sunrise and sunset were not in front of me, but somewhat off to the sides. The pool and Tiki bar area are beautiful (see pic). My only recommendation would be that they need larger, softer towels. Also, to see the sunset without obstructive views, you need to leave the hotel, cross the street, and walk onto the beach. Just want you to know you can't see it unobstructed from your room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank nboutot
TPAMS, Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Nboutot,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel.

We appreciate you chosing our Marriott for your stay at Clearwater and I am happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Once again thank you for the review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Lovely location and fantastic staff. This is a lovely place. My only reservation was that the double beds, of which there are two, are very small so for a family of four, this wasn't great. The pool area was lovely and the pool bar was really nice although the service standard varied. The reception team were so friendly and very helpful and really made our stay. The beach shuttle is great and the beach itself is fabulous. Overall, very nice and maybe not as comfortable as a regular Marriott in Europe due to the small beds, but well worth a stay if you get a good deal. I used Marriott points so can't complain as it was basically free.

Room Tip: Maybe check if there is a King Size room as they were tiny. I am 5'7, my wife is 5'2 and we...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ewen77
TPAMS, Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Ewen77,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay and thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels.

We truly appreciate your thorough feedback and I will ensure that we will work on improving the consistency of our service at the pool bar. Your positive comments as well as constructive ones have been shared with our team and we truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Firstly I would like to say the staff at this hotel were extremely nice and helpful, especially valet and frontdesk.
Front of house looks fantastic but when you exit the lift everything changes. Our problems were with the hotel room itself. We stayed in a suite which was supposed to accommodate at least 6 people but it was extremely cramped. We had no room to move around or leave our suitcases down and the beds looked smaller than the usual marriott double beds. The bathroom door was ridiculous, it was actually a sliding panel which was not attached at the bottom and moved outwards as you tried to close it and it did not lock. This resulted in no privacy what so ever at all! Also the bathroom was tiny.
The sliding patio doors were appalling, old, scraped and nearly impossible to slide along. They should be replaced immediately. The railing on the balcony did not feel secure.
The bed skirt on the base of the bed was dirty and there was something sticking out of the base of the bed which caught my leg.
Diving door between bedroom and living room would not close properly and we had to push a bag against it to stop it from opening.
Very sorry to the staff who were excellent but the rooms let the hotel down. Our stay was for two days and we left after one night.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra to have a pool view. Bay view was good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank anne_keys
TPAMS, Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear anne_keys,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay at our hotel. We certainly appreciate all feedback and we definitely use it to improve the product and services.

I am very pleased with the fact that you did enjoy the service we provide here. I have shared your feedback with the rest of our team and we are currently in process of preparing a plan to update some aspects of our guests rooms. As you might imagine, this process is an extremely large investment and we want to ensure that we address the issues that are the most important to our guests.

Thus we certainly appreciate your thorough feedback and I am sincerely sorry you did not enjoy your time here in a way that we would like for all our guests to enjoy. If I can be of any personal help, please let contact me at any time on the email address below.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed 6 nights at the hotel at the beginning of August. I have only good impressions from my stay there. The suits were very convenient and clean and the ocean view from the balcony was very nice.
The hotel is located approximately 1.5-2 miles from the public beach and Pier 60. So, it is not very crowded around it and the area is very quiet. There is a beach within a walking distance from the hotel – Sand Key Park. I liked this beach but the public beach is better. However, the beach near the hotel is not as busy and crowded as the public one.
The staff at the hotel was very friendly and polite and the pool area was very good and well maintained.
Overall great stay and place.

1  Thank desita01

Dear desita01,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay at our hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here and thank you for chosing our hotel for your stay in Clearwater. There are many choices when it comes to accommodations and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and I am pleased that we have made your stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I got to tell you that this place was made for kids. We woke up Saturday morning and discovered that weekend brunch includes face painting, balloon animals, and a talking parrot in the lobby. The tropical themed pool is packed with families and has all the pool toys a kid could want. Our daughter always found kids to play with at the pool. When you get tired of the pool they have a tram that takes guests across the street to Sand Key Beach and supply the beach towels for you. We found this beach to be quiet and relaxing at the end of August. The hotel offers onsite droop-in childcare, but we were having so much fun as a family that we did not find a need to use it. The hotel is all suites with two televisions, so the kids can have own area. They offer a nice selection of adult entertainment too like jet ski and boat rentals right on the property, and a bar at the pool that serves lunch. Plus it is a short drive over to the main Clearwater Beach area or you can catch a bus right in front of the hotel. I hope to visit this hotel again.

Dear lmblock,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel.

I am very pleased your whole family enjoyed your stay here and it was our pleasure to serve you during your stay in Clearwater.

Once again thank you for your positive review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I booked a room here for a little mini getaway for my parents 32nd wedding anniversary and everything they had to say was great. I called day of check in to make sure they were taken care of, and they definitly were!! I want to thank everyone at the hotel, especially the front desk girl working September 9th on the morning shift (Sandy?) and also everyone else who helped to make their stay enjoyable. They said everything in the room was great, but the only thing my mom said was there was no drawer to put toiletries in, and no hook or bar to hang towels on. BUT, thats the only thing I heard them complain about. Again, thank you SO SO SO much for taking care of my parents, it means a lot to me.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking water
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
TPAMS, Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear ElleGar19,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel.

I am very pleased that your parents enjoyed their time here at our hotel. It was a great pleasure to be of service during their stay.

Once again thank you for the positive review and we are looking forward to welcoming you or your parents back at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed here in August 2011 and had such a good time we booked this hotel again this year. We stayed for 9 nights and were in a room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. The hotel is on the Sand Key and close to a strip mall with several restaurants and shops. It's not far from the main Clearwater Beach area. When we went there at night and wanted to have a drink we just took a taxi or used the trolley bus which only cost a few dollars.
The rooms are spacious and were kept spotlessly cleaned. The pool area is excellent with plenty of sun loungers and it was never over-crowded, even on busy weekends. My wife and I used the gym regularly during our stay - it's compact but has everything you need.
We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant - very overpriced - but with cheaper alternatives close by and in town this wasn't a problem.
If we return to Clearwater we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view.